Dodger

X1X Enhanced Games

Anyone been using their X to check these out? Especially the 360 games like Oblivion and Fallout 3. Been wanting to see if things are good enough to give those a re-buy and a re-play through.

Anything you've played and you've noticed a difference?

55 minutes ago, Dodger said:

Anyone been using their X to check these out? Especially the 360 games like Oblivion and Fallout 3. Been wanting to see if things are good enough to give those a re-buy and a re-play through.

Anything you've played and you've noticed a difference?

Seems to be longer draw distance and cleared up  the jaggies

8 minutes ago, Dodger said:

Thanks for that will have to check it out later 

No problem, I am more and more impressed with the bone X to be honest.

Does the Mass Effect Trilogy look or run any better on the X?  Just curious.  I still have the games, and may play through them again.

The 360 X enhanced games look like remasters running on the X.  NG Black is not X enhanced, but it sure does still look and plays amazing.  One of my all-time favorite games.  Halo3, Assassin Creed X360 versions are enhanced too.

lol i was about to type "that's nuts!" and then the guy in the video talking about the cathedral in Oblivion goes "i-it's nuts, it's nuts"

What is considered "X Enhanced"? Because NGB with no jaggies running 60fps and being upscaled to 1080p then upscaled to 4k is certainly an enhancement.

Games where the devs actually patch enhancements in to take advantage of Xbox One X.

Unpatched games that run and look better aren't official enhanced titles.

On 11/23/2017 at 5:17 AM, Dre801 said:

Games where the devs actually patch enhancements in to take advantage of Xbox One X.

Unpatched games that run and look better aren't official enhanced titles.

That, but if you've noticed a game that just looks and runs better on sheer brute force would be nice to know that too. 

How is Gears of War 4 for the sp only? Do I need to know the stories of the previous titles to appreciate and understand part 4? I beat part 1 and 2 back in the day when they released. 

16 minutes ago, best3444 said:

How is Gears of War 4 for the sp only? Do I need to know the stories of the previous titles to appreciate and understand part 4? I beat part 1 and 2 back in the day when they released. 

You don't need to know any to enjoy the SP but it does help to know the past games as a lot of call backs from previous games show up. I would recommend playing at least GoW1 before playing 4. It still holds up and looks great.

X enhanced is all I’ll be playing on it, luckily I have 33 now!

21 minutes ago, The def star said:

You don't need to know any to enjoy the SP but it does help to know the past games as a lot of call backs from previous games show up. I would recommend playing at least GoW1 before playing 4. It still holds up and looks great.

I read the visuals from the S to the X is remarkable. I only played a little of the trial for part 4 and never played it on the S. 

Gears 4 enhanced is quite impressive.  I wasn't a fan of the game, but it looks great.

Just hit act 4 in GOW 4. What a fun "summer blockbuster" type game with stunning visuals. The gunplay is awesome and the pacing keeps me playing longer than I usually game. 

Picked up a few games because of the sale and because there was another sale for $100 Xbox cards for only $80.

I picked up AC Origins and replayed up to where I was on pc. I miss the 60fps over there but I was too annoyed that it looks like ubi pulled hdr from pc, which is a shame because the hdr in this game is gorgeous. I’m used to the difference now in smoothness so I’m just going to finish the game here. Yes, I supported ubis bad practice by buying the game twice but to be fair both were on sale and add up about the same as just buying it once full price. 

Also got Shadows of War, was a good price and it has (mostly) native 4k/hdr and you get the game in Windows 10 too, so all of thst was good. I never got into the first one but I’m actually having a lot of fun with this one, has a good recap of the first game before it starts which is nice. It’s a pretty damn impressive looking game on X, some great hdr use.

Got Agents of Mayhem, Dishonored Death of the Outsider, and Tuscan as well. Haven’t tried the last one yet but Dishonored looks great, seems like a pretty locked 4k, gorgeous game, the series has great art style and of course the game is fun as fuck as always. Agents of Mayhem seems like a fun but dumb sorta game and the hdr is pretty great but it’s the least sharp game I’ve played on the X because it only runs st 1440p. Looking at the game, I have no idea why.

Oh and got Injustice 2 also. 4k/hdr/60fps, and great facial animation, no complaints to be had here!

Hope they release some more enhanced games soon. After finishing AC Origins I have nothing to play.

Messed around with some Halo 5 to see how it looks and couldn't even get through a 2nd play-through. That game is fucking dreadfully dull.

No interest in Gears of War or Forza 7 (waiting for that FH3 enhancement patch though).

55 minutes ago, Gillian_Seed said:

Hope they release some more enhanced games soon. After finishing AC Origins I have nothing to play.

Messed around with some Halo 5 to see how it looks and couldn't even get through a 2nd play-through. That game is fucking dreadfully dull.

No interest in Gears of War or Forza 7 (waiting for that FH3 enhancement patch though).

Just bought FH3, the game looks pretty dang good without the update. If one comes out it will be icing on the cake.

EDIT: Good news, January apparently https://www.windowscentral.com/forza-horizon-3-will-get-its-4k-upgrade-xbox-one-x-january

45 minutes ago, Dodger said:

When’s The Witcher 3 update coming?

As in the enhancement? If so, I thought that was already done.

I played through Tacoma in mostly one sitting in about 4 hours and its a rather fantastic experience. If you like interactive narrative (hate the term walking simulator) games then I highly reccomend it. Appears to just be a full fat native 4k but it has some rather obvious frame rate issues. The worst is for some reason in one hallway that doesn’t make any sense right at the beginning but you are only there for 5 seconds. Not sure what it is exactly, it’s not a smooth 30fps for sure but it’s not like juddering, it’s kind of weird almost like they are going for some sort of effect (that doesnt work) since you are in space, but once you get into the story it doesn’t really matter. Also turning off 4k doesn’t seem to improve it either. It’s like they just took the game and threw in 4k support with no optimization. But considering how captivating the experience was and the fact that it seems just a few people worked on the game I’ll give it a pass there (the credits are kind of funny how short they are, it’s like 10 seconds including a cats and dog mention section..)

Skate 3 looks amazing enhanced. If it wasnt for the lifeless world, you would think it was a current-gen game. 

Heres hoping EA makes Skate 4 and doesnt destroy it with loot boxes 

14 hours ago, Dodger said:

When’s The Witcher 3 update coming?

Last time I checked they announced the details of the patch but no release date.....

If you have the disc version of the game, it shipped with an unlocked frame rate allowing it to potentially reach 60 fps, which it's now able to accomplish on the X1X. (with some dips here and there of course) In order to achieve this you need to NOT update the game. The only drawback is that the unpatched disc version runs at 900p.