Sign in to follow this  
Jason

Report suggests Nintendo close to deal for a new Mario movie

1 minute ago, Spork3245 said:

If they did a CG Dreamworks/Pixar-style animated family-comedy this will be fine. Live action, though... kill it now.

It will be animation. It's with the same studio that does Despicable Me/Minions.

3 minutes ago, Komusha said:

It will be animation. It's with the same studio that does Despicable Me/Minions.

They should add Rabbids to the game, then, since they basically ripped them off when they made the DM Minions. :P 

This is a game property with no story. The characters are recognizable, but they have no real personalities. There's about as much to build on with Mario as there was in Angry Birds, which I suppose answers my own questions as to why anyone would think this is a good idea. If Angry Birds box office represents the floor of what you can expect, add in more name brand characters and you're guaranteed to make money.

I didn't realize that the Despicable Me movies were all made for ~$80. I think Pixar spends something like double that.

So I suppose I can assume that it won't be a financial disaster, but I still can't imagine a good movie coming from this.

This is a game property with no story. The characters are recognizable, but they have no real personalities. There's about as much to build on with Mario as there was in Angry Birds, which I suppose answers my own questions as to why anyone would think this is a good idea. If Angry Birds box office represents the floor of what you can expect, add in more name brand characters and you're guaranteed to make money.

I didn't realize that the Despicable Me movies were all made for ~$80. I think Pixar spends something like double that.

So I suppose I can assume that it won't be a financial disaster, but I still can't imagine a good movie coming from this.
Have you never played a Mario and Luigi game? They're doing with charm and personality. Granted, Luigi, Peach, and Bowser have benefited from those games a lot more than Mario has, but that doesn't mean his character hasn't grown a bit.

Now, I'm not talking about significant depth here, but they're certainly not blank blobs of pixels anymore.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

19 hours ago, TwinIon said:

The Mario & Luigi games? The old Mario Bros cartoon show? To compare the Mario universe and characters to the Angry Birds universe in terms of how much they have to build on is a little ridiculous 

3 hours ago, Mercury33 said:

The Mario & Luigi games? The old Mario Bros cartoon show? To compare the Mario universe and characters to the Angry Birds universe in terms of how much they have to build on is a little ridiculous 

300px-Koopalings_-_New_Super_Mario_Bros_

I want a movie with the Bowser kids!