Sign in to follow this  
SFLUFAN

A Total War Saga: Thrones of Britannia announced, set in 878 AD after Norse invasions

4 minutes ago, brandino said:

What's with all the Total War games here recently? Is it just DLC for other games?

The "Empire Divided" title is expansion DLC for Rome II.  This is a completely standalone title that doesn't require owning any other Total War game.

2 minutes ago, brandino said:

What's with all the Total War games here recently? Is it just DLC for other games?

This isn't DLC. The Empire Divided campaign is DLC. According to the FAQ this is a stand alone game. The purpose of Total War saga is to make campaigns based on important events in history. While regular Total War games focus on a period of history. 

The best example I can think of is Rome 2 Total War. Rome 2 deals with the late Roman Republic through to the early Roman Empire. While say the empire divided campaign deals with just the crisis of the 3rd century.

1 hour ago, Zaku3 said:

This isn't DLC. The Empire Divided campaign is DLC. According to the FAQ this is a stand alone game. The purpose of Total War saga is to make campaigns based on important events in history. While regular Total War games focus on a period of history. 

The best example I can think of is Rome 2 Total War. Rome 2 deals with the late Roman Republic through to the early Roman Empire. While say the empire divided campaign deals with just the crisis of the 3rd century.

I've been playing them since Medieval. I swear this is like, the 3rd total war game announced in the past month.