Sign in to follow this  
maddux4163

Ok guys, big week here (3 AAA ports)....which game are you getting?

Skyrim

Doom

La Noire 

all within a week and all on a Nintendo console. It’s pretty amazing that Bethesda and Rockstar are on board so early. 

What do do you guys think? Double dipping on these games? Will it be your first time playing any of them?

I am excited for them all, but I’m really wanting to check out LA Noire. Bought it on 360 and played a couple missions years ago. Had so much going on and never got around to it again. 

Now one is the perfect chance to see this game through. 

What do you guys think?

I’ve still got a game of Skyrim on my PC going. It’s one of my most played games ever and I just don’t think I’d play much more of it as nice as it would be to play on the Switch. 

Had no interest in LA when it originally released, and that hasn’t changed. 

DOOM was maybe my favorite game last year, but I’ll stick to the PC version. 

None, probably.

Ever since my friend saved over my Skyrim file back on the 360 I haven't had the desire to dig back into the game at any point. I started one on the PC and got a couple hours in and stopped.

Doom is super fun, but I don't really want to play it with joycons. So if I'm playing with the pro controller that means I'm probably playing with it docked. Why wouldn't I just play it on PC at that point?

I share the same feelings as Paperclyp with LA Noire. However I have given it a few chances, it just doesn't appeal to me.

Passing. I beat LA Noire on PS3 when it was new and also own it on Steam. Own Skyrim on Steam and I’ve yet to play more than a handful of hours. Doom, I tried on Steam, but got a refund since it wasn’t doing much for me. 

Switch isn’t going to be a system of ports for me.

Love doom but I already own it on ps4. Disliked noire, but I already own it on ps3. Never played Skyrim, but I already own it on PC, got it for like $5 on a sale. 

I'd be tempted to double dip on Skyrim and finally start it if it wasn't $80 Canadian. 

I’m passing on all 3, at least at launch. 

LA Noir - I played on the 360

Doom - I have on PS4

Skyrim - Never played because I couldn't get into Oblivion or Fallout 3

I never played the new Doom so I'll be grabbing that for the Switch.  The others I played when they were new and I very rarely double-dip so they're passes from me, but I hope they do well.

DOOM should only be played on Switch as a last resort. This game is simply not meant to be played at 30 fps. That being said, it's one of the best shooters of all time.

Tempted to get Skyrim for the first time, but I'm sure I'd enjoy an enhanced Scorpio version that much more, though I'd really miss the Zelda gear.

22 minutes ago, Bourne Perfect said:

DOOM should only be played on Switch as a last resort. This game is simply not meant to be played at 30 fps. That being said, it's one of the best shooters of all time.

Tempted to get Skyrim for the first time, but I'm sure I'd enjoy an enhanced Scorpio version that much more, though I'd really miss the Zelda gear.

I forgot about Zelda gear. Yeah I am excited to be able to lay in bed and play Skyrim and these huge AAA titles. If they sell well, the switch can end up getting new titles day one.

Playing some LA Noire and I’m impressed by how smooth it is! It looks great on the switch screen, native res, and the frame rate is super smooth driving around in the city. Sometimes I forget the switch is a decent amount more powerful than last gen but remembering how this chugged on ps3 and seeing it on a portable running perfectly is sweet.

3 minutes ago, stepee said:

Playing some LA Noire and I’m impressed by how smooth it is! It looks great on the switch screen, native res, and the frame rate is super smooth driving around in the city. Sometimes I forget the switch is a decent amount more powerful than last gen but remembering how this chugged on ps3 and seeing it on a portable running perfectly is sweet.

Glad to hear.  My copy is arriving later today.

Should also mention Rocket League runs perfect as well, I guess it’s not too surprising, but cool to have in the switch for sure. On a related note with this and my Skyrim and Xenoblade Chronicles 2 preloads in place I finally am just about tapped out on storage on my 200gb card at 62 games installed. I think that’s a pretty fair amount for one card though, I’ll probably ask for a 256gb card for next years games for xmas.

51 minutes ago, Mike said:

out of those 3, just Doom most likely, maybe skyrim eventually, but I have enough to play right now..

Between these big three games, plus Xenoblade 2 on 12/1(and my ever growing Switch backlog) , I'm set for the next few months.

1 hour ago, AndrewDean84 said:

Between these big three games, plus Xenoblade 2 on 12/1(and my ever growing Switch backlog) , I'm set for the next few months.

so many games in its first 8/9 months...cant wait to see what '18 brings us

Already caved in and got Doom yesterday with my Best Buy GCU membership. Cool so far. Haven't allowed for the mandatory day one update, since it removes the ability to tweak the FOV Slider. I'm playing it with it set to 103. I'll update it once I finish the SP campaign. 

Bought L.A. Noire years ago via Steam Holiday Sale and never played it. Will pass on the Switch version. 

I'll get Skyrim later on down the line. Still have to get Zelda BOTW and will get RE Revelations Collection on release.  

3 hours ago, CROOKS1 said:

Already caved in and got Doom yesterday with my Best Buy GCU membership. Cool so far. Haven't allowed for the mandatory day one update, since it removes the ability to tweak the FOV Slider. I'm playing it with it set to 103. I'll update it once I finish the SP campaign. 

Bought L.A. Noire years ago via Steam Holiday Sale and never played it. Will pass on the Switch version. 

I'll get Skyrim later on down the line. Still have to get Zelda BOTW and will get RE Revelations Collection on release.  

Zelda should be a priority.