Keyser_Soze

Xbox One Xbox 1 Backwards Compatibility Thread

I think our original thread got eaten. So, Original Xbox backwards compatibility came to Xbone. 13 games:

img_0168.jpg

The 13 Original Xbox games releasing tomorrow will look better on the Xbox One family of devices, taking advantage of the power of Xbox One with up to 4X the pixel count on Xbox One and Xbox One S, and up to 16X the pixel count on Xbox One X. You’ll be able to play Original Xbox games on Xbox One through the disc you already own, or you can purchase the games digitally in the Microsoft Store.

Since these are original games and not remasters, Xbox Live services such as online multiplayer that were available on the original Xbox will not be available. However, offline multiplayer scenarios such as co-op and system-link are supported as they were originally. There will also be no Achievements for Original Xbox games because this functionality was also not originally available.

So yes originally I did not know that these titles are also now available digitally so if you don't have the disc, or you do have the disc but feel like having it digitally you can buy it on Xbox.com. :dancing:

Actually last night against my better judgement I bought Ninja Gaiden Black. All these games are 10 bucks which I think is a great price. With some Microsoft rewards dedication you could essentially get these all for free.

However, I'd most likely skip out on Pop, Psychonauts, Red Faction, KOTOR, Grabbed by the Ghoulies and Bloodrayne 2 just because I have them on PC already (Grabbed by the Ghoulies is part of Rare Replay I think) :P

Never played KOTOR on OG xbox. I have it for PC and iOS.  I have started it about 4 times and have never made it in much past 2hours. 

I will now buy it for a 3rd time to finally give this a go. 

did a quick search of a few boxes (still have a ton to go through) and found my copy of Grabbed by the ghoulies and psychonauts  and was shocked (though I shouldn't be) by how many games I have that I never opened...and how many games I have multiple copies of :lol:

23 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

I want Otogi, Gun Valkyrie and Panzer Dragoon Orta :( 

Also

Breakdown, Blinx, Stubbs the Zombie, Mercenaries, Dead or Alive Ultimate, Burnout 3, Rallisport Challenge, Quantum Redshift, JSRF (Yes I will take everyone's answers! :P )

21 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Also

Breakdown, Blinx, Stubbs the Zombie, Mercenaries, Dead or Alive Ultimate, Burnout 3, Rallisport Challenge, Quantum Redshift, JSRF (Yes I will take everyone's answers! :P )

Republic Commando, Shenmue 2, Brute Force, also a little known gem... Enclave. 

Just now, EternallDarkness said:

I know I have The Thing but I'm not sure I ever had Minority Report

Ah yeah it's fun because of the ragdoll physics if I recall correctly.

Played a little bit of Crimson Skies and it wasn't bad. KoToR is next. I take it that it does a disc check and downloads the store version. Also I wouldn't mind seeing Bloodwake at some point. 

10 minutes ago, XxEvil AshxX said:

no LIVE though :(

Still.. if you know enough people you can get a LAN party going. And let's face it, Mechassault was best over a LAN. 

It had good SP 

:shrug: 

If they made an online version, Bloodwake would be great

52 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

That exclusive Buffy game that was actually cannon for the show :daydream: 

Also, MechAssault :sun: 

have to agree with both, I can't believe they haven't brought out a new MechAssault 

Just now, EternallDarkness said:

have to agree with both, I can't believe they haven't brought out a new MechAssault 

Yea, just the first two on OG XBOX. I waited for them to announce a new one for 360 but it never happened - same with Crimson Skies.