Former presidential adviser David Gergen: Baby Boomers as leaders "a disappointment" probably to many baby Boomers, Trump/Biden/Pelosi/McConnell shouldn't run again

Gergen advised Nixon, Ford, Reagan, and Clinton.

He also said that Supreme Court justices should be “rotating off after a certain number of years, especially when you hit your late ’70s or early ’80s.” Clarence Thomas and Samuel Alito are the oldest justices on the nation’s highest court at 73 and 72 years of age, respectively.

"I just turned 80, and let me tell you... you miss a step."

"Things are gonna be rough the next few years, but if you look over the horizon, there's a lot of promise."

I’ve mentioned before that I don’t want to get old because society naturally passes you by. Our geriatric government is a great example of that.

4 hours ago, sblfilms said:

I’ve mentioned before that I don’t want to get old because society naturally passes you by. Our geriatric government is a great example of that.

I feel Bernie gets young people and what their biggest generational problems are/will be, which is why he attracts so many of them. I also feel he's the exception.

12 minutes ago, SaysWho? said:

I feel Bernie gets young people and what their biggest generational problems are/will be, which is why he attracts so many of them. I also feel he's the exception.

It requires a substantial amount of humility to listen to those who are younger and less powerful by social rank. This is not a common feature of the political class. Sanders does seem genuinely interested in the thoughts and feelings of young people.