Sign in to follow this  
SFLUFAN

Researchers discover the Arabic letters for "Allah" stitched into Viking burial costumes

Geeze - I guess that shitty movie with Antonio Banderas was true!

What would be utterly fantastic would be if some of the Norse did embrace Islam (which as a religion of conquest would not be totally out of the question) in some way - that would cause some white nationalist heads to explode, right @kaberle :P

That’s a really cool find.  It’s crazy that it has only just now been discovered. 

Im curious as to why you think it would “cause white nationalists heads to explode”?  

1 hour ago, Boyle5150 said:

That’s a really cool find.  It’s crazy that it has only just now been discovered. 

Im curious as to why you think it would “cause white nationalists heads to explode”?  

Because so much of that movement/identity is rooted in white nordic superiority while Islam is rooted in icky.

But Islam isn’t a race it’s a religion so I don’t know how that changes their “whiteness”. In fact it has no bearing on race. Regardless of religion, a racist is a racist. 

I suppose most white supremists are too are too dumb to understand that, but that’s beside the point. 

3 minutes ago, Boyle5150 said:

But Islam isn’t a race it’s a religion so I don’t know how that changes their “whiteness”. In fact it has no bearing on race. Regardless of religion, a racist is a racist. 

I suppose most white supremists are too are too dumb to understand that, but that’s beside the point. 

It's the association of Islam as a religion of the Arabs/other brown-skinned people and therefore being "inferior" to the religions of "white" people.

9 minutes ago, SFLUFAN said:

It's the association of Islam as a religion of the Arabs/other brown-skinned people and therefore being "inferior" to the religions of "white" people.

You mean like all Abrahamic religions?  

Just now, Boyle5150 said:

And which Abrahimic religion do these white people adhere to?  

Depending on the particular branch of the white identitarian movement, either a form of Christianity (OLOLOL!) or Norse paganism.

8 minutes ago, SFLUFAN said:

Depending on the particular branch of the white identitarian movement, either a form of Christianity (OLOLOL!) or Norse paganism.

I don’t know much about Norse paganism. Is that a common “belief” system among white supremasists?  I figured most would be Christians?!   

36 minutes ago, Boyle5150 said:

I don’t know much about Norse paganism. Is that a common “belief” system among white supremasists?  I figured most would be Christians?!   

They certainly adopt the culture of it. They were naming their dogs Thor, Odin, and Loki before the Marvel movies got popular, they have Norse runes tattooed on themselves, etc. Some take the beliefs literally, but that is definitely not a majority. That being said, there is nothing that I'm aware of in Norse religious beliefs that justify white supremacy.

I'm a huge metal fan and know that a lot of one of its many sub-genres—black metal—is steeped in white supremacist themes; and they cite their Norse heritage as justification for those beliefs.

Man this would be awesome, I want more info.

Nothing like having a bunch of Southern European mutts usurping your culture and turning it into a vehicle of hate. 

Hey fatty, none of the gods want your man titty weak ass.

1 hour ago, GeneticBlueprint said:

They certainly adopt the culture of it. They were naming their dogs Thor, Odin, and Loki before the Marvel movies got popular, they have Norse runes tattooed on themselves, etc. Some take the beliefs literally, but that is definitely not a majority. That being said, there is nothing that I'm aware of in Norse religious beliefs that justify white supremacy.

I'm a huge metal fan and know that a lot of one of its many sub-genres—black metal—is steeped in white supremacist themes; and they cite their Norse heritage as justification for those beliefs.

There's a world of difference between actual pagans and these co-opting fucks. 

1 hour ago, GeneticBlueprint said:

That being said, there is nothing that I'm aware of in Norse religious beliefs that justify white supremacy.

There is absolutely nothing in what we have of the surviving Norse mythology -- and when compared to the surviving Greek/Roman mythology, there ain't that much -- to justify any notions of racial superiority.

The fact of the matter is that in the Ancient World (and I'm including the Norse here), the concept of "race" simply didn't exist as a divisive identity.

51 minutes ago, SFLUFAN said:

There is absolutely nothing in what we have of the surviving Norse mythology -- and when compared to the surviving Greek/Roman mythology, there ain't that much -- to justify any notions of racial superiority.

The fact of the matter is that in the Ancient World (and I'm including the Norse here), the concept of "race" simply didn't exist as a divisive identity.

This is why I have an issue with your OP.  I think that knowing this is fucking cool as far as history goes, but I think it has absolutely dick to do with whether racist fucks will see this and think "Noooooooooooo!  How can this be... 'head explodes'... ".   I think that the far left wants to believe that's what this revelation would do, but the far left happens to call out racism more often than it actually exists.  (I'm not calling you "far left")   And If you would like for me to post studies on this exact phenomena I can.  

Please don't misunderstand  me in that the white supremacists are as fucking racist as it comes, but this means absolutely dick when it comes to that.  

It's the same thing with so called "Islamophobia", which is exactly what you are calling this.  

Having said all of that, I think this is some incredible historical finding.  It shows just how far the influence of Islam had during that time period. 

51 minutes ago, Boyle5150 said:
This is why I have an issue with your OP.  I think that knowing this is fucking cool as far as history goes, but I think it has absolutely dick to do with whether racist fucks will see this and think "Noooooooooooo!  How can this be... 'head explodes'... ".   I think that the far left wants to believe that's what this revelation would do, but the far left happens to call out racism more often than it actually exists.  (I'm not calling you "far left")   And If you would like for me to post studies on this exact phenomena I can.  
Please don't misunderstand  me in that the white supremacists are as fucking racist as it comes, but this means absolutely dick when it comes to that.  
It's the same thing with so called "Islamophobia", which is exactly what you are calling this.  

Having said all of that, I think this is some incredible historical finding.  It shows just how far the influence of Islam had during that time period. 

What?

1 minute ago, SFLUFAN said:

What?

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Oh come on!  Read it again and tell me you need me to elaborate. 

If you honestly do, then let me know what I failed to convey and I will try my best to clarify. 

37 minutes ago, Boyle5150 said:
Oh come on!  Read it again and tell me you need me to elaborate. 

I read it three times and have no idea what you are saying.

For those white supremacists who latch on to the Nordic identity -- including their perception that its associated pagan belief system is "suoerior" -- the notion of a positive relationship between Nordics and the Islamic world or -- Odin forbid -- that some may have adopted Islamic customs would be very shattering.

6 minutes ago, SFLUFAN said:

I read it three times and have no idea what you are saying.

For those white supremacists who latch on to the Nordic identity -- including their perception that its associated pagan belief system is "suoerior" -- the notion of a positive relationship between Nordics and the Islamic world or -- Odin forbid -- that some may have adopted Islamic customs would be very shattering.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

If you think this will do anything to anyone's belief system, then you are delusional at best and far more naive than me!!!

A racists does not use historical facts (or any facts for that matter) to support their beliefs.  

Is this more clear than before?  If not let me know and I will clarify once more. 

13 hours ago, Boyle5150 said:

If you think this will do anything to anyone's belief system, then you are delusional at best and far more naive than me!!!

A racists does not use historical facts (or any facts for that matter) to support their beliefs.  

Is this more clear than before?  If not let me know and I will clarify once more. 

They'll ignore it that's for sure but to not understand the OP and then go into far left mumbo jumbo is just silly

1 hour ago, Captain Pickle said:

They'll ignore it that's for sure but to not understand the OP and then go into far left mumbo jumbo is just silly

It was all fact