Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Keyser_Soze

The Dashboard Updated

Recommended Posts

29 minutes ago, mikechorney said:

The old Xbox commands almost were....

 

Disable Cortana and you'll have the old commands again. 

My gf accidentally "agreed" to the Cortana thing and I was like "why the F are my voice commands not working?"  then it struck me and I said "Cortana..." sure enough, it responded. Played with it for a few minutes, went "this sucks" and searched around to see if/how I can "opt out" and get the old voice commands back, and yes, yes you can.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Spork3245 said:

 

Disable Cortana and you'll have the old commands again. 

My gf accidentally "agreed" to the Cortana thing and I was like "why the F are my voice commands not working?"  then it struck me and I said "Cortana..." sure enough, it responded. Played with it for a few minutes, went "this sucks" and searched around to see if/how I can "opt out" and get the old voice commands back, and yes, yes you can.

I probably should -- but I'm probably just to lazy to bother.  I pretty much just use my Xbox as a streaming box nowadays...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, mikechorney said:

I probably should -- but I'm probably just to lazy to bother.  I pretty much just use my Xbox as a streaming box nowadays...

 

Go to settings.

"All settings".
System.
Select "Cortana settings".
Tap the A button on your controller, switch the toggle to "off".

 

Like... 30 seconds. :P 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Spork3245 said:

 

Go to settings.

"All settings".
System.
Select "Cortana settings".
Tap the A button on your controller, switch the toggle to "off".

 

Like... 30 seconds. :P 

 

He's lazy, could you come over and do it for him?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mine did not update until just today. It does not seem like the new layout does anything better than the old one. It also seems like the thumbnails and such are bigger now, so there is less on the screen than their used to be.

I miss being able to close the quick menu with a quick push to the right on the analog stick. Navigating to the left and right does not feel better than moving up and down. Going home takes less button inputs, but inviting friends to a party takes more. It takes more inputs to just quickly see what a friend online is doing.

The new dashboard is snappier and loads pages faster, which is good. But that is it. I do not see the changes made as improvements. It seems more like something that was done so they can say they keep updating the system.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That was one of the things I listed as feedback during the beta. Friends lists need to be seen with the push of a button. 

 

I suggested being able to pin the friends list to the home screen the same way you do games. Or in the very least, be able to customize the Xbox Guide button to jump directly to whatever guide feature you want to see when you press it.

 

Other than that one thing, the new guide grew on me pretty quick.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

×