Sign in to follow this  
Keyser_Soze

The Dashboard Updated

1 hour ago, atom631 said:

They need to redo the whole thing. Its such an unpleasant, cluttered mess that is outright difficult to navigate and use. Just terrible. 

Really... TBH I really don't bother with the interface that much. I'm just using the xbox button to bring the "mini menu" up and i use that to get to almost everything! Like how it used to be in the xbox360.

1 hour ago, atom631 said:

They need to redo the whole thing. Its such an unpleasant, cluttered mess that is outright difficult to navigate and use. Just terrible. 

It's not difficult in the slightest. Cluttered, yes, but not as much as it was before. I have the main screen with only my pins underneath, and i've been using it like this for a good month or two with no difficulty at all.

1 minute ago, XxEvil AshxX said:

It's not difficult in the slightest. Cluttered, yes, but not as much as it was before. I have the main screen with only my pins underneath, and i've been using it like this for a good month or two with no difficulty at all.

nah its a mess.  my kids can navigate my smart TV no problem. They pick the apps they want and boom they are off. I took me several times to show them have to get to the game they wanted to play.

I mean in the top right corner is this little tiny box that says "my games and apps" mixed in with a ton of useless shit. Maybe I havent setup or configured it in such a way to make that more accessible, I dont know...but considering its a Gaming Console... the games should POP right up. I shouldnt have to go into that little box, then pin them to the main page... then still have scroll down the main page to find them. 

and TBH, Im not crazy about the PS4 dashboard either. They both need work. 

3 minutes ago, atom631 said:

nah its a mess.  my kids can navigate my smart TV no problem. They pick the apps they want and boom they are off. I took me several times to show them have to get to the game they wanted to play.

I mean in the top right corner is this little tiny box that says "my games and apps" mixed in with a ton of useless shit. Maybe I havent setup or configured it in such a way to make that more accessible, I dont know...but considering its a Gaming Console... the games should POP right up. I shouldnt have to go into that little box, then pin them to the main page... then still have scroll down the main page to find them. 

Pin whatever you want to play, scroll down, play the game that is the big huge square you pinned. It's really easy.

Also with this redsign  "my games and apps" is a big green glowing square and the cursor is defaulted on to it now. :P

3 hours ago, atom631 said:

That's the old dashboard. The new one is much more streamline and can be as simple as you want it to be. The my games and apps is now the first pin you see under the game you currently are playing. Then you can pin all the games or apps you want and scroll down. The new update fixes a lot of what the old dashboard had issues with. Also it's a bit faster to navigate too.

4 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

I wish you could get rid of the ads, you could fit like 8 more pins on the home screen.

Yeah.. I don't mind the Gold button so much, since it's a shortcut to the GWG and the Deals of the Week, but it could be half the size. That random ad definitely doesn't need to be there. 

4 hours ago, Hurdyb1 said:

A Batman fan.......I like her shirt.....:P (with other things)

It was a fun day! :daydream:

I noticed when saying the “Xbox, turn off” command it just immediately turns my console and TV off whereas before (since launch) it would prompt me with “yes” or “no”. 

Considering how often the Xbone mishears me, I’d prefer the prompt. :/ 

29 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

I noticed when saying the “Xbox, turn off” command it just immediately turns my console and TV off whereas before (since launch) it would prompt me with “yes” or “no”. 

Look man, do you want to turn it off or not? :P

On 10/14/2017 at 11:08 PM, Spork3245 said:

I disconnected my TV and AVR from being controlled by the Xbox and removed my satellite box from the HDMI-in.  Just too unreliable -- particularly once Cortana took over....

24 minutes ago, mikechorney said:

I disconnected my TV and AVR from being controlled by the Xbox and removed my satellite box from the HDMI-in.  Just too unreliable -- particularly once Cortana took over....

I disable cortana and use the Xbox commands still.

3 hours ago, mikechorney said:

As I've said earlier in the thread  They have GREATLY improved Cortana   She is Blazing Fast now.  give her a try again.    She actually WORKS now and is not slow as fuck

2 minutes ago, TomCat said:

As I've said earlier in the thread  They have GREATLY improved Cortana   She is Blazing Fast now.  give her a try again.    She actually WORKS now and is not slow as fuck

I tried to use here to pause over the weekend in the HBO Go app -- and you're absolutely right -- she's much faster.  But still not as fast as the old Xbox commands -- or as pressing pause on my Harmony remote...

5 minutes ago, mikechorney said:

I tried to use here to pause over the weekend in the HBO Go app -- and you're absolutely right -- she's much faster.  But still not as fast as the old Xbox commands -- or as pressing pause on my Harmony remote...

LOL she will never be faster then a remote