Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
GuyWhoPostsThings

Has Lawbreakers been like this for a while?

Recommended Posts

If you're looking at steam charts, you have the historical data in front of you. The answer is yes :P It spiked back for the weekend that new DLC came out, but otherwise it's been like this for a while.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, legend said:

If you're looking at steam charts, you have the historical data in front of you. The answer is yes :P It spiked back for the weekend that new DLC came out, but otherwise it's been like this for a while.

 

I copy/pasted from a GAF thread. I was shocked. :shock: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, GuyWhoPostsThings said:

 

I copy/pasted from a GAF thread. I was shocked. :shock: 

 

Ah, gotcha! Yeah that's straight from the steam charts page :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, GuyWhoPostsThings said:

 

I copy/pasted from a GAF thread. I was shocked. :shock: 

 

Maybe spend more time here instead of looking at old gaf news. :]

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

 

Maybe spend more time here instead of looking at old gaf news. :]

 

I saw the thread last month, doe.

 

I don't think 10 users was the amount when the thread was made. :thinking::( 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, GuyWhoPostsThings said:

 

I saw the thread last month, doe.

 

I don't think 10 users was the amount when the thread was made. :thinking::( 

 

 

It wasn't far off for the lows, and this time of day is a low for it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am not comparing the quality of the two games this thread just made me think of it, but when Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath came out it received great reviews by fans and critics alike and sold only...

 

300,000 Units?

 

200,000 Units?

 

No...I believe I read that it sold 36,000 copies upon release.

 

I actually feel for Cliffy but is it a shame?   Don't know, but it was a damn shame for Oddworld Inhabitants.

 

EDIT:  OK, don't have it definitively with what I've stated above, but the game was released in 2005 and had 600,000 in sales, by 2012.  Lorne Lanning said it needed to sell 1.6 million to break even.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, BuckFly said:

I am not comparing the quality of the two games this thread just made me think of it, but when Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath came out it received great reviews by fans and critics alike and sold only...

 

300,000 Units?

 

200,000 Units?

 

No...I believe I read that it sold 36,000 copies upon release.

 

I actually feel for Cliffy but is it a shame?   Don't know, but it was a damn shame for Oddworld Inhabitants.

 

EDIT:  OK, don't have it definitively with what I've stated above, but the game was released in 2005 and had 600,000 in sales, by 2012.  Lorne Lanning said it needed to sell 1.6 million to break even.

Loved that  game. I was so sad when I found out they initially planned another game where you play as a Steef but cancelled it. :( 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Raggit said:

Loved that  game. I was so sad when I found out they initially planned another game where you play as a Steef but cancelled it. :( 

 

 

Please, Raggit, I know.  It is a gaming tragedy.

 

LL blames EA's marketing, but regardless the failure for this title, as good as it was, to sell just sort of defies comprehension.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

×