Sign in to follow this  
GuyWhoPostsThings

Trump to sign executive orders on health care

4 hours ago, ort said:

Actually having a baby is usually pretty well covered by most insurance plans. I think we paid about $200 bucks for each of our kids.

It's all of the extra stuff. Like having a miscarriage. Those are fun. After a miscarriage you need something called a D&C, which is basically an abortion, but is removing the dead fetus. Having a D&C costs about $1,700 bucks. We had to have 4 of those. That's roughly $6,800 bucks. FUN!

The fact that it actually costs way more to not have a baby than it does to actually have a baby illustrates just how goofy and broken the whole system is.

My knee is currently all fucked up. I should go to the doctor and have it looked at, but I know he'll want me to get an MRI and an MRI costs us like $1,200 bucks, so I'm just suffering. This is the current state of affairs in America. BEST COUNTRY IN THE WORLD! Yay!

HEALTH INSURANCE IS BASICALLY USELESS UNLESS YOU GET HIT BY A BUS OR GET CANCER.

I guess comparing it to our first, from four years ago when it cost us $3000, with more insurance (just mine this time), caught us off guard.