Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Boyle5150

How dumb are your friends?

Recommended Posts

Do you tend to hangout with people who are smarter than you, or people who are dumber than you?  I have some dumb friends, but for the most part I feel like I am pretty dumb when compared to a lot of people I know and hangout with.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My friends tend to be better educated than me, this much is true! As for intellect, I imagine I'm rather average, so there is a really good chance those friends are indeed more intelligent than myself! One thing is certain though, we all love terribly stupid humor. :sun:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think I'm average for my social circle.  A few are dumber, some number more are smarter.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One of my friends is so dumb he tried to minimize a 12 variable function to a minimal sum of products expression using a karnaugh map instead of the Quine-McCluskey Algorithm.

 

Spoiler

Wish I thought of that joke.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My friends from work are all quite intelligent (though a few are a little below average)

My friends from school are mostly educated, but not that terribly smart

I have one friend from school who I was just the only person who was nice to him and I've been stuck with him ever since.. he's seriously sitcom level dumb..

My parents liken my life since he came into it to be very much like the movie 'What about Bob?"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think it's generally hard to say how dumb someone is when they're just not interested in topics that would really test their intellect. I have a few friends who seem very smart but I've never heard them talk about complex topics so it's hard to say. It seems like a lot of people judge intelligence by the topics in which people are interested which is a terrible metric imo. A lot of people sound really smart when they wax on about something like philosophy of mind, and just throw incoherent words together between technical jargon.

1503356088_2474_220x220_f1.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, misfit410 said:

My friends from work are all quite intelligent (though a few are a little below average)

My friends from school are mostly educated, but that terribly smart

I have one friend from school who I was just the only person who was nice to him and I've been stuck with him ever since.. he's seriously sitcom level dumb..

My parents liken my life since he came into it to be very much like the movie 'What about Bob?"

:surprise:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, therockdltj said:

:surprise:

Left out the word not.

They are college educated, and many are hardcore Trump supporters (so I don't get invited to many events by them since I'm now a heretic)

 

 One with who spent so long getting his Business degree tried to talk me into starting an online music site selling CD's after iTunes existed, his idea was not to get them in bulk and undercut anyone but to jack up the price and just order them as needed from other sites selling CD's.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Runny said:

Smarter than me. Its best to surround yourself with people who are smarter and more successful than you are :P

 

Absolutely. Unfortunately I lost contact with all my smart friend's. Now I'm all alone :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, best3444 said:

 

Absolutely. Unfortunately I lost contact with all my smart friend's. Now I'm all alone :(

 

You have me

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, kittykat said:

 

You have me

 

"Smart" was the key word. :P

 

I'm kidding. I know I can always text you and get a response 7 hours later. :daydream:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, best3444 said:

 

"Smart" was the key word. :P

 

I'm kidding. I know I can always text you and get a response 7 hours later. :daydream:

 

Ah I'm sorry! My texting app sucks balls and like more than half the time it doesn't send notifications properly. If you were cool and had an iPhone I would receive/reply to your messages more promptly via iMessage, turd. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, kittykat said:

 

Ah I'm sorry! My texting app sucks balls and like more than half the time it doesn't send notifications properly. If you were cool and had an iPhone I would receive/reply to your messages more promptly via iMessage, turd. 

 

I'm getting an iPhone 7 for work next week since I'm a big time supervisor. :P 

 

I'll text you dick pics from that etc.

 

In all honesty, I know I can always text you with anything and you're always really kind and supportive. I love you. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, best3444 said:

 

"Smart" was the key word. :P

 

I'm kidding. I know I can always text you and get a response 7 hours later. :daydream:

You and I both know that kittykat is the smarter of the two of you.  If you don't realize that, well then, I'm sorry.  Just telling the truth. Don't be mad

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, best3444 said:

 

I'm getting an iPhone 7 for work next week since I'm a big time supervisor. :P 

 

I'll text you dick pics from that etc.

 

In all honesty, I know I can always text you with anything and you're always really kind and supportive. I love you. :)

 

Aw shucks thank you. 

 

27 minutes ago, Boyle5150 said:

You and I both know that kittykat is the smarter of the two of you.  If you don't realize that, well then, I'm sorry.  Just telling the truth. Don't be mad

 

This is true. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Boyle5150 said:

You and I both know that kittykat is the smarter of the two of you.  If you don't realize that, well then, I'm sorry.  Just telling the truth. Don't be mad

 

She's smarter than me in some areas, sure. I'm pretty intelligent in a lot of ways but I'm not trying to compare lol. She is 26 with a lot of unique experience.  She's  very good at seeing the big picture.  

 

I know you're extremely intelligent yourself. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, best3444 said:

 

She's smarter than me in some areas, sure. I'm pretty intelligent in a lot of ways but I'm not trying to compare lol. She is 26 with a lot of unique experience.  She's  very good at seeing the big picture.  

 

I know you're extremely intelligent yourself. 

Sounds like you are trying to compare, tbh. 

 

All I know is that I am a fucking idiot compared to a lot of people.  It’s okay to realize that some people, or even a lot of people, are smarter.  It’s a simple fact of life.  There are people who understand how all sorts of complex shit works.  You and I don’t even have the slightest understanding of how the electronics in a cellphone work.  In other words, you would never ever be able to design and build a functional cellphone.  

 

Proper fucked. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Boyle5150 said:

Sounds like you are trying to compare, tbh. 

 

All I know is that I am a fucking idiot compared to a lot of people.  It’s okay to realize that some people, or even a lot of people, are smarter.  It’s a simple fact of life.  There are people who understand how all sorts of complex shit works.  You and I don’t even have the slightest understanding of the electronics in a cellphone work.  In other words, you would never ever be able to design and build a functional cellphone.  

 

Proper fucked. 

 

Lol, I'm not comparing at all? You seem like you're in a pissy mood so I'll end this now. :kiss:

 

Btw, I'm smarter than you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, best3444 said:

 

Lol, I'm not comparing at all? You seem like you're in a pissy mood so I'll end this now. :kiss:

 

Btw, I'm smarter than you.

D:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

×