Sign in to follow this  
Biggie_Rich

Golf Story or Stardew Valley

Stardew Valley, hands down.

Golf Story seems pretty fun so far, but it's like a series of basic levels with fun little diversions. Stardew Valley is... the end of your free time.

Probably just get both, it seems like a good $30 to spend. I’m the opposite of some people in that I’m almost done with Golf Story and just starting Stardew Valley. I think between the two it would depend on how you want your goals set. Do you want a more open kinda do what you want (stardew) sorta thing or a more scripted goal oriented (golf story) experience? That being said I can’t comment on Stardew much yet but I really really really love Golf Story. It’d be a shame to miss out on it just because another game had a similar art style imo.

I've got both and playing Stardew for the first time.  Both are nice little relaxing games.  My ONLY complaint with SDV is I'm still struggling a bit with the controls.  Keep hitting the wrong buttons and whatnot.  

My wife isn't a huge gamer but seems to fall into mobile games like Farm Story and Sim City BuildIt and all that other time-based shit.  In the past has been into games like Kingdom for Keflings but she ultimately loses interest after a little while because they're typically pretty shallow.

Would you say that Stardew Valley is the kind of game she would be interested in?

9 hours ago, XxEvil AshxX said:

My wife isn't a huge gamer but seems to fall into mobile games like Farm Story and Sim City BuildIt and all that other time-based shit.  In the past has been into games like Kingdom for Keflings but she ultimately loses interest after a little while because they're typically pretty shallow.

Would you say that Stardew Valley is the kind of game she would be interested in?

Yes. Everyone would be interested in the game if they gave it an honest shot. 

12 hours ago, AndrewDean84 said:

Yes. Everyone would be interested in the game if they gave it an honest shot. 

This is misleading. It’s not going to appeal to a lot of people, and that’s ok. 

3 hours ago, XxEvil AshxX said:

Well what I meant was the fact that my wife likes games that aren't too complicated, but at the same time deep enough to keep her interested. If there's too much inventory management, it'll probably lose her.

There is inventory management, like most sim games.  Luckily, by summer you shouldn't have that issue.

On 10/12/2017 at 8:56 AM, Paperclyp said:

This is misleading. It’s not going to appeal to a lot of people, and that’s ok. 

Anyone that Stardew Valley doesn't appeal to is, in my book, 100% destined to be a spineless, heartless politician.

So switch is pretty good right? Yeah it's pretty good.

I've been balling nothing but stardew valley for a few days. In Year 2 Spring and i've got my barn and coop up with stone fencing, 12 quality sprinklers doing my work for me, and a side patch beside my house.

jworking on level  70 of the mines now. It's a great game. Not that golf story isn't, they're different imo. Stardew with it's multiple maps probably provides more variety than golf story does.

I got Stardew Valley less than 2 weeks ago, and I've already put about 60 hours into it.  it is a brilliant game, amazing when you consider it was made by just one person.  It is going to become my most played game this year I'm sure.

Worth every penny!