Sign in to follow this  
-Chris

How've you been spending your Sunday morning, friends?

I woke up early, around 7 am. Made some coffee, and read a bit of 'The Things They Carried'. Then I jerked off, and afterwards went back to reading a bit. Had a bowl of cereal for breakfast (just a boring ol' bowl of Rice Chex) and a banana. Played my SNES Classic for a bit (Super Mario World, which I've grown to be terrible at, and Earthbound for the first time, which is wonderfully quirky). Now I'm watching Newcastle United-Liverpool and enjoying some tea while reciting to you, my friends, what has been a lovely and chilly autumn morning for yours truly. 

Went to Asian Market, bought some sashimi grade fish, making poke. Opened a bottle of Finger Lakes Riesling. Shit's way too sweet, but still yummy.

Woke up before 3am, which is just the sleep schedule I'm on for work. Had some coffee while playing PS4. Bounced around a couple different games, but settled on the FFXII remaster. Took a walk around my neighborhood just after sunrise. Watched an episode of The Americans (my latest binge, only midway through season 2). My sister picked me up for brunch around 10:30, which was delightful. Usually she has her husband, daughter, and an exchange student with her, but it was just the two of us today. Now I'm home just hanging out for the rest of the day, more video games will be played. I need to do some laundry, but my apartment building only has one set of machines and it looks like they might be taken up for the afternoon. 

I woke up around 11 am after going to bed at 4 am. Watching football with Emblazon and drinking coffee. I'm hungry but I don't want anything that's in the fridge and I'm too lazy to go get something.

Woke up at 8:30 at my older brother's place. Was served a hot breakfast. Had coffee and a java cigar out on his deck. Drove home and about to fire up Dishonored 2. 

We saw IT last night and fuckin loved it.

Woke up bad; eyes shot open and all the angst I'd fallen asleep with was right there waiting for me. Realized I forgot to brush my teeth last night too so I brushed away the 30-something cigarettes that had pasted on my teeth overnight and spit up lots and lots of gum blood, then grabbed a cup of coffee and lit a cigarette.

Went to the computer and reupped my current offering of gigs on Craigslist, then set about collecting things to prepare to sell to hit my goal of 4k by December. So far, it seems I've about $1200 of stuff to sell, which isn't too good.

Then went through Indeed/Monster for part-time positions but as usual there's nothing in my area that looks like I'll get. Shot out two applications for minimum wage, overnight desk attendent jobs, but I've never been called back for those kinds of jobs so don't have much hope.

Head is a mess today, and I'm already getting cravings for old habits and that's a damn hard thing to deal with for an entire day. Just going to lay off and keep myself out of trouble today, I think; after I finish up this last pot of coffee probably going to spend the day beneath the pier at the beach, cooling in the shade and rereading Salinger's short stories and journaling a bit. Bit hot today, but by evening it cools down and you can comfortably be on the beach with coat and scarf and be all wound up in the salt spray alone and all that; rejuvenating, like. 

Didn't fall asleep until like 5am last night, so I ended up sleeping until friggin 1pm. So now I'm just annoyed that I had such a hard time sleeping and now I'm up so late in the afternoon. Grr. I guess I'll shower and make breakfast now then maybe smoke some weed and play some Mario + rabbids. My niece might come over if she can get a ride up here so that's a possibility. Later in the evening my fave trash reality show 90 Day Fiancé will be on so I'm looking forward to that.

Probably gonna go to the pharmacy at some point for some Benadryl to take tonight so I don't fall asleep super late again. 

Got up at 7am, went for a run, came home and ate. Did some paperwork for both my job and my business. Cut the grass for the last time this year. Went to the gym. Now i'm relaxing, rewatching the first two episodes of ST: Discovery. Tonight i'll watch ep3. Then bed. 

Every Sunday the wife, kids and I find a new hiking trail.  We’ve only missed 1 Sunday this entire year. Then it’s Home for football and video games 

1 hour ago, apoc81 said:

Got up at 7am, went for a run, came home and ate. Did some paperwork for both my job and my business. Cut the grass for the last time this year. Went to the gym. Now i'm relaxing, rewatching the first two episodes of ST: Discovery. Tonight i'll watch ep3. Then bed. 

I keep thinking i'm mowing my grass for the last time of the season, but then the sun keeps coming back out and hitting 70+ degrees.  

1 hour ago, apoc81 said:

See, that's a man with a plan. 

6 minutes ago, Boyle5150 said:

I keep thinking i'm mowing my grass for the last time of the season, but then the sun keeps coming back out and hitting 70+ degrees.  

It's officially hit freezing here in the east coast. Happens every year at the end of September. Last night it was -3. No more grass. It's fall hunting and then snowmobiling from here on in. 

Just now, best3444 said:

See, that's a man with a plan. 

I perform best if I structure my life. 

I got home from work around 0720. Took my dog outside, let her do her business, came back in, took my meds, cleaned up, brushed my teeth, and laid down in bed to read some more of In Cold Blood on my Kindle while my husband slept. Went to sleep a little before 9, holding his hand. Got up at 1600, now I'm about to go back to work for one more night. 

5 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

Went to sleep a little before 9, holding his hand. Got up at 1600, now I'm about to go back to work

That is really sweet. I say that seriously. Not being sarcastic. You seem to have found your soulmate for sure.

Just now, best3444 said:

That is really sweet. I say that seriously. Not being sarcastic. You seem to have found your soulmate for sure.

I’d hold your hand while I fall asleep. 

On 10/1/2017 at 5:00 PM, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

Thanks. Sometimes it’s really just the little things. 

My wife says the same thing. 

Wait a minute...

On 10/1/2017 at 8:14 PM, therockdltj said:

Is Finger Lakes Riesling a wine?

Finger Lakes is a wine region of New York and Riesling is the wine grape.