Sign in to follow this  
SFLUFAN

Puerto Rico governor: "We need more resources from the DoD"

So my aunt told me to stop reading fake news and listen to NPR while I was telling her how silly it was that she was complaining they wanted drivers from the US to help move supplies in PR, lol.  She also told me doing more to help PR than any other state hit by a hurricane, like I do t even know how someone can listen to NPR and come to that conclusion.

5 hours ago, legend said:

This made me feel sick.

I saw this interview LIVE as it was happening yesterday as I was getting ready for work. Real gut-wrenching shit... How he could attack her after that, on TWITTER no less, is beyond me. Disgusting.

23 minutes ago, PaladinSolo said:

So my aunt told me to stop reading fake news and listen to NPR while I was telling her how silly it was that she was complaining they wanted drivers from the US to help move supplies in PR, lol.  She also told me doing more to help PR than any other state hit by a hurricane, like I do t even know how someone can listen to NPR and come to that conclusion.

Why?

4 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

I saw this interview LIVE as it was happening yesterday as I was getting ready for work. Real gut-wrenching shit... How he could attack her after that, on TWITTER no less, is beyond me. Disgusting.

71-year-old man continues to act the same exact way he's acted his entire life. Stand by while Omarosa triggers him into giving the expected response.

8 minutes ago, HGLatinBoy said:

Why?

Cause NPR is reporting all the same things posted here and was the first place I heard about PRs problem receiving aid from the federal government. 

2 minutes ago, 69los said:

I wonder exactly who he's talking to.

image.png

Certainly not the people on the island. Or maybe he doesn't realize Twitter requires things to read it like basic infrastructure. 

5 minutes ago, 69los said:

I wonder exactly who he's talking to.

image.png

Something something Obummer Hillary temper tantrum Omarosa. 

3 minutes ago, Air_Delivery said:

Certainly not the people on the island. Or maybe he doesn't realize Twitter requires things to read it like basic infrastructure. 

"Trump didn't realize" 

Evergreen headline. 

Just now, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

I hate this man so much. I feel nothing buy contempt for the people who voted for him and continue to support him. There is so excuse. 

Fake news. Gorsuch abortion tears.

Nazis and white supremacist: "Very fine people."

Football player kneeling for the anthem: "Sons of bitches."

The people in Puerto Rico after the complete devastation from a hurricane: "Lazy pieces of shit who want everything done for them."

Pretty much every entertainment entity speaks out against Trump regularly, causing a constant rebuttal of fake news, liberal lies, etc. At some point is this going to cause the right to adapt and include, even if slowly, some basic human empathy into their ideology that extends past those of their own kind, or will they be limited to the likes of Duck Dynasty and Nascar? 

I'd like to think the left is doing so for this reason, or even if not the eventuality would lead to that affect regardless. However, right now it just seems to be constantly a black and white dialogue that leads to nothing but more division. I can understand why Trump supporters react the way they do even if I don't agree with them 99% of the time.

I'm young-ish (29), but I don't ever remember Democrats and Republicans shouting so deafly at each other.

1 hour ago, Komusha said:

Earlier in the week I said that Puerto Rico is Trump's Katrina. I was wrong. This is much worse.

Trump's Holodomor? 

54 minutes ago, Air_Delivery said:

Trump supporters are only pro life to fetuses. Post womb brown people are disposable. 

If we allow abortions then we're going to run out of darkies to put in their place. 

3 hours ago, CheeTo said:

Pretty much every entertainment entity speaks out against Trump regularly, causing a constant rebuttal of fake news, liberal lies, etc. At some point is this going to cause the right to adapt and include, even if slowly, some basic human empathy into their ideology that extends past those of their own kind, or will they be limited to the likes of Duck Dynasty and Nascar? 

I'd like to think the left is doing so for this reason, or even if not the eventuality would lead to that affect regardless. However, right now it just seems to be constantly a black and white dialogue that leads to nothing but more division. I can understand why Trump supporters react the way they do even if I don't agree with them 99% of the time.

I'm young-ish (29), but I don't ever remember Democrats and Republicans shouting so deafly at each other.

So... you can understand Trump supporters constantly denying reality and continuing to support this buffoon even when he contradicts things THEY supposedly stand for and believe in? When he's consistently been shown to be a liar and an incompetent? When he speaks out against things and contradicts HIMSELF constantly? When his only loyalty and interest seems to be to HIMSELF and not them or the country?

As far as Republicans and Dems shouting at each other, it's been getting worse and worse since the 90's with the rise of talk radio and cable news... The Internet and social media just pushed the disconnect over the top.

11 hours ago, CheeTo said:

I'll be honest... I remember this in the mid 2000s, and when Obama took office. By all measures, polarization has increased, but two groups shouting and arguing past each other I feel hasn't changed too much. I mean a decade ago the narrative was that it's never been as bad as it is now, and it's still the narrative to this day.

21 hours ago, PaladinSolo said:

Tesla is sending powerwalls and employees to repair solar infrastructure in PR.

http://markets.businessinsider.com/news/stocks/tesla-battery-packs-puerto-rico-hurricane-maria-2017-9-1002908397

They could get Trump to approve that easily 

"We are going to build a wall in Puerto Rico, not just any wall, a power wall, and not just one, lots and lots of power walls"

14 hours ago, skillzdadirecta said:

This is what we've come to. I like a Kim Kardashian tweet. Jesus.

Anyone know if UPS is still deliverying in PR. Wanna see if I can send some supplies over to some of my friends fam.

16 hours ago, skillzdadirecta said:

So... you can understand Trump supporters constantly denying reality and continuing to support this buffoon even when he contradicts things THEY supposedly stand for and believe in? When he's consistently been shown to be a liar and an incompetent? When he speaks out against things and contradicts HIMSELF constantly? When his only loyalty and interest seems to be to HIMSELF and not them or the country?

As far as Republicans and Dems shouting at each other, it's been getting worse and worse since the 90's with the rise of talk radio and cable news... The Internet and social media just pushed the disconnect over the top.

No, I'm saying I can empathize with someone's point of view, even when it's wrong, particularly when someone is backed into a corner. Treating every supporter of Trump as if they are also extremists doesn't accomplish much. Everyone gets to their political side for a reason, and following that trail to form productive conversation is better than blindly calling people nazis (not implying you are, but that is a frequent reaction I see).