The MCU Has a New Star

6 hours ago, Fizzzzle said:

I can't see him signing a multi movie deal. That means be must bea villain, right?

Why not, he's done so for two different series so far. Three actually. The Transporter series, The Expendables and The Fast and The Furious series. I think he's a comic book fan too. If they promised him his own movie he might go for it.

25 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Why not, he's done so for two different series so far. Three actually. The Transporter series, The Expendables and The Fast and The Furious series. I think he's a comic book fan too. If they promised him his own movie he might go for it.

I don't know, he's just, like... Old? It just seems like a weird stage of his career to be signing a 4 picture deal or whatever. Unless it's a nick fury type situation, but Sam Jackson being nick fury was a totally unique situation that had to do with likeness rights from the comics

57 minutes ago, Fizzzzle said:

I don't know, he's just, like... Old? It just seems like a weird stage of his career to be signing a 4 picture deal or whatever. Unless it's a nick fury type situation, but Sam Jackson being nick fury was a totally unique situation that had to do with likeness rights from the comics

Mahershala Ali is Blade and I'm sure he signed on for a multi picture deal and he's pushing 50 :shrug: He could be a villain though... for the life of me I can't imagine which one though.

• Shocked 1

15 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Mahershala Ali is Blade and I'm sure he signed on for a multi picture deal and he's pushing 50 :shrug: He could be a villain though... for the life of me I can't imagine which one though.

That's true. I guess I just think of Statham as being in the "pay me to show up" part of his career, and not the "your life belongs to Disney for the next 5 years" part of his career. 

7 hours ago, skillzdadirecta said:

and he'll soon have Meg 2 under his belt as well...and if the boxoffice is good I'm sure 3rd one as well

13 minutes ago, EternallDarkness said:

Yep. Started in the late 90s. 

The Meg: A novel of deep terror

The trench Meg 2

Meg Primal Waters

Meg Hell's Aquarium

Meg Origins

Meg Nightstalkers

Meg Generations

Meg Purgatory

I can't wait for the Meg Cinematic Universe. :daydream:

1 hour ago, skillzdadirecta said:

They're making a second Meg?! :lol:

What no one is telling you is that The Meg 2, known as "Meg 2: The Trench", is being directed by art house indie film director Ben Wheatley (who I love but is very divisive), responsible for the films:

-Down Terrace

-Kill List

-Sightseers

-A Field In England

-High-Rise

-Free Fire

-Happy New Year, Colin Burstead

-Rebecca

-In the Earth

I highly recommend checking his stuff out if one hasn't, particularly Down Terrace, Kill List, A Field in England, and High-Rise (particularly this one). Everyone is wondering why he is doing Meg 2, and I can't wait to see how it turns out. The Meg was an okay movie, dumb, not as good as Deep Blue Sea, but if it gives me Ben Wheatley's Meg 2, I'm happy it exists. :p 

And from what I understand, the film is nothing like the book series, which is apparently much better and more realistic I think?

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Greatoneshere said:

And from what I understand, the film is nothing like the book series, which is apparently much better and more realistic I think?

Yes and no. They cherrypicked pieces from the book, leaving out quite a bit to make the nonstop over  the top action. Which only makes sense since they are taking what is a 12-15 hours book and condensing the story into 2 hours. I want to say a number of the scenes from the movie may have actually been from the 3rd book or maybe even the 5th one. 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, silentbob said:

That first movie was bad and I mean, it was so bad that it didn’t even make it good bad. (Plus the 3D was crappy) tWish they made it a bloody Jaws/Deep Blue Seas ripoff instead. Last one was way too tame

Do people think Deep Blue Sea is good? Don't get me wrong, I've seen it in its entirety at least 3 times, but dear God is that movie bad.

Have a movie night where you get drunk and watch The Abyss, Sphere, and Deep Blue Sea. The movies get progressively worse, but also more fun if you're fucked up

HOWEVER, Sphere has one of my favorite meta-commentaries on time travel:

"You see? It's curious. Ted did figure it out - time travel. And when we get back, we gonna tell everyone. How it's possible, how it's done, what the dangers are. But then why fifty years in the future when the spacecraft encounters a black hole does the computer call it an 'unknown entry event'? Why don't they know? If they don't know, that means we never told anyone. And if we never told anyone it means we never made it back. Hence we die down here. Just as a matter of deductive logic."

A masterclass of punching the logic of your own narrative right in the dick.

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, Greatoneshere said:

What no one is telling you is that The Meg 2, known as "Meg 2: The Trench", is being directed by art house indie film director Ben Wheatley (who I love but is very divisive), responsible for the films:

-Down Terrace

-Kill List

-Sightseers

-A Field In England

-High-Rise

-Free Fire

-Happy New Year, Colin Burstead

-Rebecca

-In the Earth

I highly recommend checking his stuff out if one hasn't, particularly Down Terrace, Kill List, A Field in England, and High-Rise (particularly this one). Everyone is wondering why he is doing Meg 2, and I can't wait to see how it turns out. The Meg was an okay movie, dumb, not as good as Deep Blue Sea, but if it gives me Ben Wheatley's Meg 2, I'm happy it exists. :p 

He is an ....interesting choice for that film. I guess he was supposed to direct Tomb Raider 2 at some point but he pulled out or was pulled out.

• Halal 1

19 minutes ago, SimpleG said:

He is an ....interesting choice for that film. I guess he was supposed to direct Tomb Raider 2 at some point but he pulled out or was pulled out.

Apparently he exited Tomb Raider 2 due to delays caused by the pandemic. You see interesting directors attached randomly to sequels, like when Jeff Nichols (Shotgun Stories, Take Shelter, Mud, Midnight Special, and Loving) was recently going to direct A Quiet Place spin-off film (he recently exited the project) or when David Fincher was attached to direct World War Z 2 for a long while there. 

What's interesting is now the spin-off film has a title: A Quiet Place: Day One, a prequel film which is now being directed by Michael Sarnoski of the film Pig fame (which was really good). So still a really interesting choice of director. 

1 hour ago, Fizzzzle said:

Do people think Deep Blue Sea is good? Don't get me wrong, I've seen it in its entirety at least 3 times, but dear God is that movie bad.

Have a movie night where you get drunk and watch The Abyss, Sphere, and Deep Blue Sea. The movies get progressively worse, but also more fun if you're fucked up

"You see? It's curious. Ted did figure it out - time travel. And when we get back, we gonna tell everyone. How it's possible, how it's done, what the dangers are. But then why fifty years in the future when the spacecraft encounters a black hole does the computer call it an 'unknown entry event'? Why don't they know? If they don't know, that means we never told anyone. And if we never told anyone it means we never made it back. Hence we die down here. Just as a matter of deductive logic."

This is where the bad movie turned into it’s so bad that’s it’s good category. Also once you see the Sam Jackson scene. . . Come On!!! Plus I haven’t watched it high yet, but I did for The Meg.

I still haven’t seen Sphere but it was at one time, one of my favourite books. I just read so many bad things about the movie when it came out, that I didn’t want it ruin what I loved.

2 hours ago, Fizzzzle said:

Deep Blue Sea is a major guilty pleasure for me. Can't tell you how many times I've watch it.

As for The Meg I think I saw that 3 times in the theaters :lol: I had moviepass at the time and was abusing the heck out of it. If someone said hey do you want to see...wnatever. I was like sure!