thewhyteboar

Congress passes joint statement condemning white supremacy

thewhyteboar    2,605

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/09/12/trump-charlottesville-white-supremacists-242624

A day after the Senate easily passed legislation condemning last month's violent white supremacist rally in Charlottesville, the House passed it on a voice vote Tuesday evening.

Though resolutions are often passed to offer the sense of the House or Senate on various issues, they rarely head to the president for consideration. But backers of this measure structured it as a "joint resolution," a move ensuring that passage would require Trump to weigh in on an issue that has dogged his presidency for weeks.

The resolution urges Trump to "speak out against hate groups that espouse racism, extremism, xenophobia, anti-Semitism, and White supremacy. It also calls on the administration to "use all resources available to the President and the President’s Cabinet to address the growing prevalence of those hate groups in the United States."

As of now the White House has no plans to sign it.

Shocker. Why would Trump want to alienate his base?

Xbob42    2,692

The thing about being a big blubbering racist pussy, is that even though he's all about big talk and big "actions," he's too much of a chickenshit to ever admit that he supports these groups and their ideals. He's too cowardly to admit that he's racist. But too stupid to denounce it, thus completely admitting to it. I just don't get why he even bothers denying it. 

GuyWhoPostsThings    5,224
6 hours ago, Xbob42 said:

The thing about being a big blubbering racist pussy, is that even though he's all about big talk and big "actions," he's too much of a chickenshit to ever admit that he supports these groups and their ideals. He's too cowardly to admit that he's racist. But too stupid to denounce it, thus completely admitting to it. I just don't get why he even bothers denying it. 

That reminds me of when now perma'd mikee made that racist comment to @skillzdadirecta or @outsida and then pretended that he didn't know telling him to go back to eating chicken was a racist comment. And then @CitizenVectron called mikee out and said, "We didn't say the chicken part was racist, so you obviously knew you were making a racist comment."

Another chickenshit, but a perma'd chickenshit.

skillzdadirecta    1,794
5 hours ago, GuyWhoPostsThings said:

That reminds me of when now perma'd mikee made that racist comment to @skillzdadirecta or @outsida and then pretended that he didn't know telling him to go back to eating chicken was a racist comment. And then @CitizenVectron called mikee out and said, "We didn't say the chicken part was racist, so you obviously knew you were making a racist comment."

He said that shit to @outsida and when I called him out on it, he played the "I'm a European white guy from London and I didn't know there were racial connotations about food! Why are you so sensitive about food?" card. So I called him a coward and a pussy. Most racists these days either play dumb or they try to flip it and call YOU racist or feign offense when you call them out on their bullshit... which I tend to do. Mind you, I am not an overly sensitive guy and I am not prone to playing the race card at the drop of a hat. But I will either remove myself from the conversation when some of that shit rears it's head, or I'll call you out on it. His shit was so blatant that I HAD to call him out and his response showed me exactly what type of coward he was. 

12 hours ago, Xbob42 said:

Because it works. We live in a time and era now where calling a racist a racist is almost as bad as hurling epithets against minorities (Thanks Fox News) Trump supporters (even ones of color) can see his half-hearted denunciations and tell themselves "See! He's not racist!" Meanwhile White Supremacists across the country are receiving his not so subtle messages loud and clear.

joe    54
2 minutes ago, Air_Delivery said:

Does anyone on these boards have a lower like to post ratio? 

I sure hope not! (The DB query should be pretty simple...make it happen, personwhorunsthissite)

outsida    464

That reminds me of when now perma'd mikee made that racist comment to [mention=111]skillzdadirecta[/mention] or [mention=411]outsida[/mention] and then pretended that he didn't know telling him to go back to eating chicken was a racist comment. And then [mention=34850]CitizenVectron[/mention] called mikee out and said, "We didn't say the chicken part was racist, so you obviously knew you were making a racist comment."

I remember that so fondly. Good times. The only disappointment was mikee not owning his racism like a man. A lot of conservatives like to rail against "PC culture" yet use coded language to escape the attention of the uninitiated.

Chairslinger    3,951

Trump will sign it, but only after a suggestive tussel in the media that speaks volumes to his base.

It is the new equilibrium he has found on dog whistling.

The no comment has already begun that process. Just imagine if this were a resolution on condemning jihadists and Obama's first signal on the matter was that he might or might not sign it.

Keyser_Soze    5,621
7 hours ago, skillzdadirecta said:

He said that shit to @outsida and when I called him out on it, he played the "I'm a European white guy from London and I didn't know there were racial connotations about food! Why are you so sensitive about food?" card. So I called him a coward and a pussy. Most racists these days either play dumb or they try to flip it and call YOU racist or feign offense when you call them out on their bullshit... which I tend to do. Mind you, I am not an overly sensitive guy and I am not prone to playing the race card at the drop of a hat. But I will either remove myself from the conversation when some of that shit rears it's head, or I'll call you out on it. His shit was so blatant that I HAD to call him out and his response showed me exactly what type of coward he was.

Whoa what thread was this in? Sad I missed the demise of Mikee. :(

skillzdadirecta    1,794
3 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Whoa what thread was this in? Sad I missed the demise of Mikee. :(

Pretty sure most of that conversation got modded into oblivion :P

1 hour ago, outsida said:

I remember that so fondly. Good times. The only disappointment was mikee not owning his racism like a man. A lot of conservatives like to rail against "PC culture" yet use coded language to escape the attention of the uninitiated.

EXACTLY...  I call that cowardly shit out when I see it because oftentimes folks won't say anything.

Anathema-    3,230
44 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

EXACTLY...  I call that cowardly shit out when I see it because oftentimes folks won't say anything.

then out comes the "I was only joking around" excuse like fucking clockwork

Anathema-    3,230
1 minute ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Yeah that doesn't fly with me either. My friends and I don't joke like that.

I say that fucking nobody jokes like that.  It's like dropping an anal sex "joke" on a third date.  YOU KNOW what you're doing, quit trying to play it off.

Dodger    1,309
On 9/13/2017 at 8:21 AM, skillzdadirecta said:

Because it works. We live in a time and era now where calling a racist a racist is almost as bad as hurling epithets against minorities (Thanks Fox News) Trump supporters (even ones of color) can see his half-hearted denunciations and tell themselves "See! He's not racist!" Meanwhile White Supremacists across the country are receiving his not so subtle messages loud and clear.

What are you talking about, it's cool to call everyone a racist these days. The second someone doesn't express unwavering support for complete open borders label them a racist and a white supremacist, imply obvious moral superiority and win at the internet. 

GuyWhoPostsThings    5,224
7 minutes ago, Dodger said:

What are you talking about, it's cool to call everyone a racist these days. The second someone doesn't express unwavering support for complete open borders label them a racist and a white supremacist, imply obvious moral superiority and win at the internet. 

Considering we're talking about a straight-up racist, you might want to pick your battles a bit better next time.

Anathema-    3,230
4 minutes ago, GuyWhoPostsThings said:

Considering we're talking about a straight-up racist, you might want to pick your battles a bit better next time.

dodger knows what he's doing, I'm tired of giving him a pass.

brucoe    1,161
17 hours ago, Anathema- said:

I say that fucking nobody jokes like that.  It's like dropping an anal sex "joke" on a third date.  YOU KNOW what you're doing, quit trying to play it off.

So, wait. What date do I get to move on from "knock knock" jokes? Asking for a friend.

Anathema-    3,230
Just now, brucoe said:

So, wait. What date do I get to move on from "knock knock" jokes? Asking for a friend.

imo you never need to move on from knock knock jokes

brucoe    1,161
1 minute ago, Anathema- said:

imo you never need to move on from knock knock jokes

Good to know. Didn't want to have to change my winning strategy. Oh wait, I don't have a winning strategy! (cries)

Anathema-    3,230
12 minutes ago, brucoe said:

Good to know. Didn't want to have to change my winning strategy. Oh wait, I don't have a winning strategy! (cries)

The winning strategy is to be unafraid of turning girls off.  Like, be yourself but to the extreme.  Then never stop looking or trying to make contact.

Jason    6,077
5 minutes ago, Anathema- said:

The winning strategy is to be unafraid of turning girls off.  Like, be yourself but to the extreme.  Then never stop looking or trying to make contact.

And always :fedora: