Sign in to follow this  
atom631

Anyone here cut the cord? Help a brother out...

qwik4a6    31
9 hours ago, Anathema- said:

Having just had to get a new service I've found that Comcast is -extremely- competitive.  Real internet speeds faster (up to 1.5 times as fast) than my previous FiOS, all the same channels (incl. HBO/Showtime/Cinemax/Starz) for like .. almost half the price.  Considering what it would cost to fully cut the cord I really don't see how it's not more affordable to just go with this option.

Because it goes way up after a year or 2.  Unless you like to keep calling and setting up cancellation bluffs etc.  Even then it gets tiresome and they don't always cave with a good deal.

I have Fios Gigabit for $69.99 a month, no contract, forever if I so choose. I'm sure it will go up but it wont' double in 2 years like regular cable. 

Anathema-    3,230
3 hours ago, qwik4a6 said:

Because it goes way up after a year or 2.  Unless you like to keep calling and setting up cancellation bluffs etc.  Even then it gets tiresome and they don't always cave with a good deal.

My contract only saves me ten dollars a month.

atom631    158

I DID IT!!! 

Called Optimum and not only did they not give me a hard time, they lowered my internet bill to 64/mo w/tax. I can upgrade to 200mb for 83/mo if I want also. Think its worth it?

I signed up for Directv Now, paid 2mo in advance and got a free roku premiere! They sell for 55 on Amazon. So basically got the first to months for about 7.50/ea. 

Also, it looks like theres no tax on directv now in NY.

ANNND - @bladimir2k - talked to me dad who has every channel under the sun. hes gonna give me his login so I can get Showtime/HBO/Starz/Cinemax. So those will cost me NOTHING!!

Went from 209/mo to $99. $110/mo savings.

FEELS GOOD :sun:

bladimir2k    197
10 hours ago, atom631 said:

I DID IT!!! 

Called Optimum and not only did they not give me a hard time, they lowered my internet bill to 64/mo w/tax. I can upgrade to 200mb for 83/mo if I want also. Think its worth it?

I signed up for Directv Now, paid 2mo in advance and got a free roku premiere! They sell for 55 on Amazon. So basically got the first to months for about 7.50/ea. 

Also, it looks like theres no tax on directv now in NY.

ANNND - @bladimir2k - talked to me dad who has every channel under the sun. hes gonna give me his login so I can get Showtime/HBO/Starz/Cinemax. So those will cost me NOTHING!!

Went from 209/mo to $99. $110/mo savings.

FEELS GOOD :sun:

Awesome man!

I think its worth it going to 200mb for that price.. still a bad deal but you have no choice.. but its really not that bad... like I was telling you yesterday im going to be paying $89.99 for 350mb... go for it while you have the choice.... also buy your dad some beers... lol