Sign in to follow this  
Jason

Study: Atheists behave more fairly toward Christians than Christians behave toward atheists

Boyle5150    4,198
On ‎9‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 0:13 PM, Xbob42 said:

*Except on the internet

Fairly*  I think even on the internet we treat those fucking idiots more fairly. 

CayceG    2,561
12 minutes ago, GeneticBlueprint said:

I think this is probably because most atheists were once Christian, while most Christians don't think

As a Christian, I have edited your quote to be more broad, but also slightly more accurate. 

Boyle5150    4,198
On 9/18/2017 at 7:40 AM, CayceG said:

As a Christian, I have edited your quote to be more broad, but also slightly more accurate. 

reminds me of a story I just read...

"My parents had the chance to see how our fundamentalist church treated me when I came out of the closet at the age of 17. So, when I came out as an atheist, I did it by sitting down and reading the bible to them. I wanted to teach them their religion because, as we all know, 99.9999% of all Christians don't know the first thing about the bible. Religion is almost entirely spoon fed to them.

First, I read John 15:6 where the Jesus myth teaches that apostates should be burned alive. I handed them a fire starter and challenged them to live out their religion and burn me alive. They declined, so I asked them to consider that their religion might be a fraud. They declined but were hurt and shocked by the scripture.

Second, I read Luke 19:27 where the Jesus myth teaches that those who refuse to make "him" their Lord should be murdered. I handed them a knife and challenged them to live out their religion by stabbing me. The scripture shocked them and they began to cry.

I read scriptures teaching that a disobedient child - which I obviously was - and homosexuals, should be stoned to death. I handed them stones and challenged them to live out their religion by crushing my skull. They declined, but remained quiet and shocked. 

This made them realize that Christianity was irrational and dangerous. And they admitted to feeling hypocritical because of the way that Christians abuse gays and atheists. My parents were born and raised in a fundamentalist Christian church and all of their friends and family were part of the church. So, being faced with the truth was extremely difficult for them.

It took 2 solid years of monthly, sometimes weekly, bible studies during which we read the scriptures that Christians are taught to ignore. But, they eventually agreed that Christianity is nothing more than dangerous myths and superstitions. Today, we're all atheists and better people for it."

apoc81    1,919
3 hours ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

Given my life experiences, I believe it. 

I actually thought of you the first time I read this thread. I'm still shocked that this shit is still a problem in modern day america, to the point people would attack you or try to have you fired for being Athiest. 

Though, I once heard a priest lump 'child molestors and athiests' in the same group, so I shouldn't be that shocked I guess. My grandmother didn't speak to me for weeks after I pointed out to him the hypocrisy of a priest talking about child molestors, in the middle of a church at a mass right before a baptism. He was one of those older, very strict priests who preached against contraceptives and for abstinence. 

Captain Pickle    417
4 hours ago, Boyle5150 said:

reminds me of a story I just read...

"My parents had the chance to see how our fundamentalist church treated me when I came out of the closet at the age of 17. So, when I came out as an atheist, I did it by sitting down and reading the bible to them. I wanted to teach them their religion because, as we all know, 99.9999% of all Christians don't know the first thing about the bible. Religion is almost entirely spoon fed to them.

First, I read John 15:6 where the Jesus myth teaches that apostates should be burned alive. I handed them a fire starter and challenged them to live out their religion and burn me alive. They declined, so I asked them to consider that their religion might be a fraud. They declined but were hurt and shocked by the scripture.

Second, I read Luke 19:27 where the Jesus myth teaches that those who refuse to make "him" their Lord should be murdered. I handed them a knife and challenged them to live out their religion by stabbing me. The scripture shocked them and they began to cry.

I read scriptures teaching that a disobedient child - which I obviously was - and homosexuals, should be stoned to death. I handed them stones and challenged them to live out their religion by crushing my skull. They declined, but remained quiet and shocked. 

This made them realize that Christianity was irrational and dangerous. And they admitted to feeling hypocritical because of the way that Christians abuse gays and atheists. My parents were born and raised in a fundamentalist Christian church and all of their friends and family were part of the church. So, being faced with the truth was extremely difficult for them.

It took 2 solid years of monthly, sometimes weekly, bible studies during which we read the scriptures that Christians are taught to ignore. But, they eventually agreed that Christianity is nothing more than dangerous myths and superstitions. Today, we're all atheists and better people for it."

That was a good post