ManUtdRedDevils

DF: Forza Motorsport 7 Xbox One X Gamescom Demo: Sonoma Footage + Analysis!

XxEvil AshxX    286

I saw that. Sexy as fuck.

I do have to share their concern though; so much has been said and shown to pimp the XBX, hopefully these pretty bells and whistles aren't gimped on the XBO.

I have confidence though, because Horizon 3 had the dynamic weather and an open world to boot, and still managed a solid 30. Forza 7 should be able to manage on a closed circuit.

BuckFly    127

@ManUtdRedDevils

@atom631

@XxEvil AshxX

@mikechorney

@Ominous

There are games I am looking forward to this fall....but this, this one guys, this is what I am waiting for.  This is also the one with the greatest thought for me towards my pre-order of the One X.

So we get the early Demo on the 19th, early release for pre-order ( is it Ultimate Edition?  haven't ordered yet) on the 29th (?) and the game goes up in full 3 or 4 days later for everybody.  Please correct me if I am wrong.

Gentlemen I am not good, but I wouldn't mind a race or two with some of you gents.  It became important to me last year to be mindful of the drivers around me so I am not going to be first, but I hope to be clean and keep your cars neat, as well!

BuckFly    127
4 hours ago, XxEvil AshxX said:

i'm down. The main reason i dont play online is cuz i hate the slingshotters.

But, if we have a gentlemen's agreement to play clean, then i am up for the challenge. Huzzah!

2 hours ago, ManUtdRedDevils said:

I am buying the game when the X drops so if people are still playing it, I'm down for some racing. I thought rubbing is racing?

I've been following a lot of sim racing the last few years and although I'll never be as good as soon of the guys I've seen I realized that I just wanted to be better.  Even in single player I thought to myself what the hell, I won, but I beat the crap out of my car and my opponents...things looked real on the screen, but I wasn't playing real.  So last year I started to take off more and more assists and I was more conscious of not being "physically aggressive" with my pursuit of the position in front of me.  :P  It is one of those rare instances in gaming where I wanted to treat the game itself with proper respect, and other players as well should I eventually race online.

ManU, contact in simracing, like at iracing, is a big, big no-no.

EDIT:  Please note, you bastages, that doesn't mean i am going to surrounding my position when I have the right of way!  ;)

XxEvil AshxX    286
4 hours ago, ManUtdRedDevils said:

I am buying the game when the X drops so if people are still playing it, I'm down for some racing. I thought rubbing is racing?

Rubbing is racing, in real life. But in real life they don't have wacky analog stick and car physics that will throw them into fish tails after the slightest bump.

A little bit of jostling on a corner is unavoidable, but using another racer as a guard rail to get around a curve, or failing to slow down properly where you rear-end another racer going 90 mph is unacceptable.

Also, pit maneuvers will get you banished from a lobby quicker than you can blink. At least in my lobby, anyway.

mikechorney    138
18 hours ago, BuckFly said:

I've been following a lot of sim racing the last few years and although I'll never be as good as soon of the guys I've seen I realized that I just wanted to be better.  Even in single player I thought to myself what the hell, I won, but I beat the crap out of my car and my opponents...things looked real on the screen, but I wasn't playing real.  So last year I started to take off more and more assists and I was more conscious of not being "physically aggressive" with my pursuit of the position in front of me.  :P  It is one of those rare instances in gaming where I wanted to treat the game itself with proper respect, and other players as well should I eventually race online.

ManU, contact in simracing, like at iracing, is a big, big no-no.

EDIT:  Please note, you bastages, that doesn't mean i am going to surrounding my position when I have the right of way!  ;)

IMHO, Forza is not "real racing" for much of the single player content.  The races are just way too short -- and you have to be very aggressive to win "from the back" in a 3-5 lap race.  In "real racing" it may take that many laps to set-up and pass one car.  But, I agree, that there is a difference between being "physically aggressive" and out-braking and aggressively taking the inside line.  The one frustration I often get with games like Forza is how the cars end up getting bunched up at the early chicanes and either playing bumper cars (or going way too slow).  I find that you sometimes have to be a little "physically aggressive" just so the leaders don't get too far ahead of you, while you get stuck behind a traffic jam of the mid-fielders.

At this point, I normally play with manual gears, and traction control/stability control off at the Pro or Expert difficulty levels.  However, for the VERY high powered cars, I usually end up turning traction control back on.  Trying to feather the accelerator with a controller trigger is just a PITA.

BuckFly    127

mike, I hear you.  I don't leave the opponents at the higher setting because of that.  It is one of the ones that I still generally leave in place, or give myself a reasonable advantage considering where I start and the number of laps.

...and no, Forza is not, but I was just referencing what I have seen and what I sort of want to do.

XxEvil AshxX    286
5 hours ago, BasemntDweller2 said:

Dear God GT looks bad. The replays look amazing but the actual gameplay looks ps3'ish.

I really want to believe that's an old build, but yeah.. it just looks very flat and lifeless compared to some of the other games being shown.

That game Gravel is getting dangerously close to being a FH3 clone.. right down to the HUD. They better be careful lol.

B24S    5

3 hours ago, XxEvil AshxX said:

That game Gravel is getting dangerously close to being a FH3 clone.. right down to the HUD. They better be careful lol.

No kidding.  I skipped through the video a bit and was confused why they were showing FH3....had to skip back and see what game it was.

I haven't seen too many details on the career mode, but I hope they got rid of having to finish in the top 3 to advance to the next race.  I'd rather have the difficulty a bit higher and ensure a nice battle for 5th or 6th (or whatever) rather than always having to have it set to where I know I'll finish top 3 every race.  

- Install Size is 95GB for Xbox. 45GB of that is on the disc, 50GB is an additional download in the form of a day one patch. Though the game can be played just off the 45GB on the physical disc. The other 50GB "unlocks a wealth of new Forza Driver’s Cup content, including new competitive and Showcase events, as well as new trophies and Driver Gear rewards. In order to access those new events and rewards, you’ll need to have the additional update installed"

- Auction House, #Forzathon and Leagues will be enabled in the weeks after launch.

- New details on new Homologation feature next week

- Soon to be unveiling cars in the Specialty Vendor (which will feature a regular cadence of unique cars for purchase)

- Post launch updates over the months include Forzathon, New Rivals & Hoppers w/Homologation feature, New Prize Crates, Updates to Specialty Vendor.

- "The months ahead will also see new features to the game, which we’ll outline in further detail soon."

- November 7th; Forza Motosport 7 will get a 4k update for Xbox One X.

https://www.forzamotorsport.net/en-us/news/wir_9_15_17

The Achievements list was also dropped yesterday

Spoiler

Welcome to Forza Motorsport (5): Complete your first race
Buyer’s Market (5): Buy a car in the Auction House
Wheelin’ Dealin’ (5): Sell a car in the Auction House
Bronze Collector (10): Collect 100 cars
Silver Collector (20): Collect 300 cars
Gold Collector (30): Collect 500 cars
Platinum Collector (50): Collect 700 cars
Suit Up (5): Unlock 10 Driver Gear suits
If The Shoe Fits… (10): Unlock 25 Driver Gear suits
Decked Out (20): Unlock 50 Driver Gear suits
Fashion Statement (50): Unlock 100 Driver Gear suits
Uncommon Collector (5): Reach Car Collector Tier 2
Rare Collector (10): Reach Car Collector Tier 3
Super Rare Collector (10): Reach Car Collector Tier 4
Legendary Collector (10): Reach Car Collector Tier 5
Exclusive Collector (20): Reach Car Collector Tier 6
Elite Collector (20): Reach Car Collector Tier 7
Ultimate Collector (50): Reach Car Collector Tier 8
Rennsport Driver (10): Own the 2018 Porsche 911 GT2 RS
Paparazzi (5): Share a Photo
Show Off (5): Share a Replay
Seeker Champion (10): Complete the Seeker Championship
Breakout Champion (10): Complete the Breakout Championship
Evolution Champion (15): Complete the Evolution Championship
Domination Champion (15): Complete the Domination Championship
Masters Champion (20): Complete the Masters Championship
Driver’s Cup Champion (25): Complete the Forza Drivers Cup
Seeker Elite Champion (25): Complete the Seeker Championship on Elite
Breakout Elite Champion (25): Complete the Breakout Championship on Elite
Evolution Elite Champion (25): Complete the Evolution Championship on Elite
Domination Elite Champion (25): Complete the Domination Championship on Elite
Masters Elite Champion (30): Complete the Masters Championship on Elite
Driver’s Cup Elite Champion (50): Complete the Forza Drivers Cup on Elite
Show and Tell (25): Complete all Showcase Events in the Forza Driver’s Cup
Modified (5): Use your first Mod
Playing With A Full Deck (10): Acquire 50 Mods
Discard Pile (10): Equip and Fully Use 50 Mods
Cash Rules Everything Around Me (15): Earn 500,000 credits from Mods
I Am Legend (20): Finish an event and complete all challenges with 3 Legendary Mods
Moonlighting (10): Complete 50 laps at night
‘Bahn Burner (5): Complete a race in the 1998 Porsche 911 GT1 Strassenversion on Maple Valley
Italian Tune Up (5): Complete a race in the 2014 Ferrari FXX K on Mugello
Monster (5): Complete a race in the 2017 Nissan GT-R on Suzuka
No Substitute (15): Complete a race with every car from Porsche
Two-Fifty (5): Drive faster than 250 mph in any car
Making It Rain (5): Create your own weather forecast in Freeplay
Storm Chaser (10): Complete a race in every Rain Weather Scenario
Survival of the Fastest (50): Complete the Spa-Francorchamps 100 showcase event with Extra Long Race Length enabled.
Paint Booth (5): Share one of your Paints
All About the Benjamins (10): Earn 50,000 credits from the community using your Design
Tune It Up (5): Share one of your Tunes
Skills to Pay the Bills (10): Earn 50,000 credits from the community using your Tune
Unrivaled (15): Beat a 10 Rivals while running with no Assists
Super Human (20): Win a race with Unbeatable Drivatar Difficulty
Joy Ride (5): Enter Test Drive in any car
Nightvision (5): Complete 50 laps at night in Multiplayer
Rain Dancer (5): Complete 50 laps in the rain in Multiplayer
Gaining Experience (5): Complete 100 laps in Multiplayer
Devoted Racer (10): Complete 300 laps in Multiplayer
World Traveler (50): Complete a race on every track in Multiplayer
Hard Driver (15): Win a race with no Assists turned on in a Multiplayer race
Underdog (15): Start last and finish first in a Multiplayer race with 24 cars

@BuckFly

BuckFly    127
On 9/16/2017 at 11:15 AM, ManUtdRedDevils said:

- Install Size is 95GB for Xbox. 45GB of that is on the disc, 50GB is an additional download in the form of a day one patch. Though the game can be played just off the 45GB on the physical disc. The other 50GB "unlocks a wealth of new Forza Driver’s Cup content, including new competitive and Showcase events, as well as new trophies and Driver Gear rewards. In order to access those new events and rewards, you’ll need to have the additional update installed"

- Auction House, #Forzathon and Leagues will be enabled in the weeks after launch.

- New details on new Homologation feature next week

- Soon to be unveiling cars in the Specialty Vendor (which will feature a regular cadence of unique cars for purchase)

- Post launch updates over the months include Forzathon, New Rivals & Hoppers w/Homologation feature, New Prize Crates, Updates to Specialty Vendor.

- "The months ahead will also see new features to the game, which we’ll outline in further detail soon."

- November 7th; Forza Motosport 7 will get a 4k update for Xbox One X.

https://www.forzamotorsport.net/en-us/news/wir_9_15_17

The Achievements list was also dropped yesterday

Reveal hidden contents

@BuckFly

ManU, thanks for all the information above, my friend.

With respect to the size I got a 4 TB external HD a few weeks ago.  I haven't installed it yet, but I will soon.  I am not limited for space right now, but it will be nice to be ready if and when I need it.

EDIT:  Oh, and I believe we get the demo tomorrow, too.

XxEvil AshxX    286

Wait... 95GB before the 4k patch? Ouch. Also, 50GB is just new events, rewards and driver gear? That's more data than the cars, tracks and music? What aren't they telling us?

I was gonna buy it digitally for the cross-buy but damn, the thought of even downloading that once hurts. I can't imagine doing it twice. :(

I hope that MS implements that Intelligent Delivery system Eurogamer wrote about the other day, and we will only have to download the bits and pieces that we need.

BuckFly    127
10 hours ago, XxEvil AshxX said:

I'll most likely get it digitally, since it's a Play Anywhere title. I'll just take a few shots of whiskey before I hit that download button.

I don't recommend that, Ash.  I believe it is another 2 GB if you drink during the game.  Luckily, pizza and wings are only 1.

XxEvil AshxX    286

Playing it now. The game looks great on the base Xbox One, its' gonna be downright amazing with HDR on the S and in 4k on the X. 

They did add a weird camera shake/bobblehead motion effect to the chase cam that was making me nauseous, but thankfully they have the option to revert it to old school shaky cam or just turn it off completely. I can appreciate the added effect, but I just don't know if i can stomach it.

I also tweaked the assits to match what I usually used in Forza 6, but in the Nurburg race in the rain, I didn't notice any drag when hitting a puddle. In Forza 6 when you hit a puddle, you could practically feel the car lurch forward as it hit the resistance. I didn't notice that here, but I do know there were options for the puddles in the assists now, so I may just have to make sure I didn't turn it on by accident.

I just did all three races in the demo. I loved the new Dubai track, which is great cuz I always felt the previous one was pretty boring. It's nice to have the new layout, even if they do keep the old one too. 

I've never been a huge Super Truck fan, so the rig racing was ok, but not nearly as exciting as the other two races. That being said, I can see the potential for some good old-school PGR2-style Cat n Mouse matches, if we can find a group that will cooperate. A few Pagani's weaving in and out of some super trucks could make for a fun time on the Top Gear test track lol.

Personally I kinda wish they would've showcased a track other than Mugello or Nurburgring GP, but at least that just leaves us with some Maple Valley to look forward to.

Oh, and dash cam is awesome. It's basically cockpit view but moved in front of the steering wheel. I like this because it cuts out all the (imo) useless dashboard junk and gives me a wider field of view. I no longer feel like I'm looking through a tiny window in the middle of the screen.