RedSoxFan9

Secret of Mana 3D remake coming February 15, 2018

9 hours ago, atom631 said:

$40???? That seems excessive. 

The pricing of all Square PC games seems to be about 10 dollars more than it should be. :P 

6 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

The pricing of all Square PC games seems to be about 10 dollars more than it should be. :P 

Same with iOS 

On 8/27/2017 at 3:28 AM, Keyser_Soze said:

In this case, $20 :P 

I adore the original, though I had completely forgotten their terrible names. Were we able to rename them?

I don't think I want this though, I really don't like the style they're going with.

On 8/27/2017 at 7:54 AM, TheLeon said:

I've wanted a remake of Secret of Mana for a very long time, but not like this. Not like this. 

But this is how you're going to get it. You will take it and you will love it.

System requirements: http://www.pcgamer.com/secret-of-mana-remake-system-requirements-and-price-revealed/

Minimum (1280x720):

• Processor: Intel Core i3 2.4GHz
  • Memory: 4 GB RAM
  • Graphics: GeForce GT730 / RADEON R7 240
  • DirectX: Version 11
  • Storage: 11 GB available space

Recommended (1920x1080):

• Processor: INTEL Core i5 2.00GHz
  • Memory: 4 GB RAM Graphics: GeForce GTX 750 / RADEON R7 260X
  • DirectX: Version 1
  • Storage: 11 GB available space

1 hour ago, legend said:

Why does it look like it was made for N64?

Because this visual style is clearly better than the old look.

I remember this game when it came out, it was awesome.  My brother and I would play it and it was great.

The in-game graphics look great but are not my favorite style as I find them too infantile and "artsy".  The cut scenes are really infantile... 

That wouldn't stop me from buying the game though. 

I am not sure if I will buy it yet, may wait for a sale and pick it up in the future but we will see, time is my issue (new baby coming in a week or two). 

The game itself was originally fantastic.  What an amazing game.  One of the few SNES games I played through more than once.  

I don't totally hate the new art style, I just think it's really simple and kinda... there. I totally wouldn't mind playing this, but at $40? The original played, to me, a little bit clunky. So if they were able to make it play just a smidge smoother I'd play it again for sure, at like $15-20.

Hopefully they've fixed it since when I played it at Pax, the hit detection on the boss you got to fight was terrible. You could stand right in front of the boss, like hugging him and you wouldn't get hit, but stand directly behind him where he couldn't even reach you you'd get hit.

6 hours ago, Nokt said:

Hopefully they've fixed it since when I played it at Pax, the hit detection on the boss you got to fight was terrible. You could stand right in front of the boss, like hugging him and you wouldn't get hit, but stand directly behind him where he couldn't even reach you you'd get hit.

I haven't played through the game in several years, but I do remember some of the hit boxes being super weird. I wonder if they're like trying to bring those over. Or if I'm even remembering this correctly.

On 8/28/2017 at 12:31 PM, jaethos said:

I adore the original, though I had completely forgotten their terrible names. Were we able to rename them?

I don't think I want this though, I really don't like the style they're going with.

You could definitely rename them. I remember my little elf side kick was named "Kydd" :lol:

The Japanese only SNES sequel was much better than the original.  Skill trees, a much better special attack system, better graphics, etc.