Sign in to follow this  
HardAct

Everbodies Golf Aug 29th

HardAct    116
18 hours ago, _BJ_ said:

Wow, wish I knew about serious mode earlier. Could have advanced a lot quicker.  At rank 4 now and man it's getting hard. 

Any tips on how to get my control up, specifically on the driver?  I'm at about 23 power now but only 5 for control and I can't get that bastard up. I've noticed that since I've gotten to rank 4, I'll get perfect impact but the ball goes all the way in one direction (can tell by looking at the ball in the lower left corner after hitting). 

Yea I figured out serious mode right away and will level you up very fast, I just beat lvl 6 character. I noticed that anytime you use down while setting impact {second x press} you lose control a lot. It's also in my log, back spin reduces control by much, sucks cuz I use it so much, bad habit maybe. The little guy who quizzes you even asks you this in the Advanced Quiz he gives you answer is use a backspin, question is what is the ONLY thing in the game that won't improve control.  

Right after answering up above this last post on difficulty and how it is ramping up, I shot a -31 under par in serious mode they set it up not me. Was on the Eagle something course normal tees, weak wind, tornado cup. So many damned Eagles, never one par or worse.

Playing with friends I like Normal wind, long tees, Teeny cup. Gives a great challenge against your opponent, and along with battling the courses especially later on. 

_BJ_    42

Ah, I didn't know about the backspin affecting control. I use back spin a lot as well. Though I don't use it on my 1W. Gonna have to get more practice in this week. 

Biggie_Rich    1,198
31 minutes ago, Rbk_3 said:

Wait there is a serious mode? I'm winning every round by like 8 strokes. 

Where is this?

When you are at the begin tournament screen press square. 

_BJ_    42

Yeah, I really wish I knew about that when I first started. I'd be much further then I am now. That should be in one of the pre-round tips, because I haven't seen that anywhere yet. 

Keyser_Soze    5,621
8 hours ago, Rbk_3 said:

Wait there is a serious mode? I'm winning every round by like 8 strokes. 

Where is this?

In serious mode you'll win by 4 strokes instead. :P

Biggie_Rich    1,198
12 minutes ago, ohioguy24 said:

I love the game, but damn. This soundtrack is really bad. I wish I could do some custom soundtracks...

Yeah the gameplay shines :sun:  but that music is horrible. :sick: 

ohioguy24    559

I see 2 courses are available for download. 1 course from Hot Shots Golf (original) and Hot Shots Golf 2 from PS1. One is 4.99 and the other is 6.85. It's great we can download new courses, but really? You know they're already on the game and they just want your money to use them. UGH!! bit pricey.  I would pay for my Sakura from HSG3. My fav of all time...

Biggie_Rich    1,198
2 hours ago, ohioguy24 said:

This game is now my new strange addiction

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I need to get back to playing it but with Destiny 2 in the mix it might be a while. 

Also, good to see you back posting more dude. :thumbsup: 

19 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Anyone know where that first item is hidden on the island?

Right in front of the stand where you sign up for tournaments. It sparkles on the ground as a dot. I spend a good 30 minutes looking for an actual item. I felt stupid and annoyed when I noticed. 

Keyser_Soze    5,621
21 minutes ago, ManUtdRedDevils said:

Right in front of the stand where you sign up for tournaments. It sparkles on the ground as a dot. I spend a good 30 minutes looking for an actual item. I felt stupid and annoyed when I noticed. 

Yeah I feel stupid too...

HardAct    116
On 9/9/2017 at 2:35 PM, Biggie_Rich said:

I need to get back to playing it but with Destiny 2 in the mix it might be a while. 

Also, good to see you back posting more dude. :thumbsup: 

I received my White PS4 Pro with Destiny 2 and I was playing Everybody's Golf, these are the only 2 games I even have on the New Console. Great to be playing them both in 4k { or whatever Destiny 2's  rez "really" is } Feel liberating, as I'm buried on the old console, feels like a fresh new start and I doubt I will ever do the HD copy/transfer and just bring over game saves! Great 2 games to be playing though.

_BJ_    42

Eh, just cleared rank 6. They talked the final guy up and I beat him in 3 holes... Way too easy. Credits are rolling but I know there's more to go, now I gotta see what these custom clubs are about. 

Edit:  holy shit rank 7. My first match you get plus 1 if you land in the bunker. There's no space to land on the fairway, water and sand scattered everywhere. I finished +8. The winner finished +1.   My golf level went down!  Didn't even know that could happen. 

Littleronin    403
39 minutes ago, _BJ_ said:

Eh, just cleared rank 6. They talked the final guy up and I beat him in 3 holes... Way too easy. Credits are rolling but I know there's more to go, now I gotta see what these custom clubs are about. 

Edit:  holy shit rank 7. My first match you get plus 1 if you land in the bunker. There's no space to land on the fairway, water and sand scattered everywhere. I finished +8. The winner finished +1.   My golf level went down!  Didn't even know that could happen. 

Yeah Imperial (or whatever it is called) is a brutal course but fun as hell.

I really hope that that damn dinosaur park will be a DLC course.

Keyser_Soze    5,621
11 minutes ago, Paperclyp said:

Load times in this game suck ass.

Yeah. I think it's pretty terrible for a game that looks like this to need to have a PSBro in order for it to reach 60fps. :/