Move over Morbius...Sony's latest brilliant move...El Muerto!

el-muerto-1650940633562.jpg?width=1280
WWW.IGN.COM

Sony has announced El Muerto, a Spider-Man spin-off film that will star Bad Bunny as Marvel's first live-action Latino lead.

So many options to pick from in the spideyverse and Sony picks this? Word is 10s of people are thrilled by this news! :beatup: 

4 hours ago, EternallDarkness said:
el-muerto-1650940633562.jpg?width=1280
WWW.IGN.COM

Sony has announced El Muerto, a Spider-Man spin-off film that will star Bad Bunny as Marvel's first live-action Latino lead.

So many options to pick from in the spideyverse and Sony picks this? Word is 10s of people are thrilled by this news! :beatup: 

Isn’t Bad Bunny wildly popular?

25 minutes ago, Kal-El814 said:

Isn’t Bad Bunny wildly popular?

maybe? but to as an actor, and just be because you're popular in one arena that doesn't necessarily translate to success at the box office, especially since we've seen the quality Sony puts out when they aren't having their hands held by Feige. 

53 minutes ago, EternallDarkness said:

maybe? but to as an actor, and just be because you're popular in one arena that doesn't necessarily translate to success at the box office, especially since we've seen the quality Sony puts out when they aren't having their hands held by Feige. 

Oh I’m not saying it’ll be GOOD, but the notion that 10’s of people will care just seems wrong. :p

1 hour ago, TheLeon said:

He’s in the upcoming movie Bullet Train. Maybe they’ve seen some early footage and like how he fights Brad Pitt. 

That's what the article I read said. Sony execs were impressed with his performance in Bullet Train and that's how he got this. Same with Aaron Taylor Johnson and Kraven the Hunter.

https://deadline.com/2022/04/bad-bunny-spider-man-el-muerto-sonys-marvel-pic-1235009269/

Though El Muerto isn’t as popular as Venom or Kraven the Hunter, Sony’s rush to get this film into development had a lot to do with Bad Bunny’s persistence in finding that right superhero property for himself. The superstar is set to make his major studio debut in the highly-anticipated action pic Bullet Train on July 29, a project Sony is very high on and has already led to Aaron Taylor-Johnson landing the lead role in Kraven the Hunter. The same situation looks to have happened with Bad Bunny with execs extremely high on the final Bad Bunny footage from the film.

Following recent meetings to figure out a starring vehicle for him, the multi-hyphenate took matters into his own hands and began mining the Spider-Man library for Latin characters that would suit him, eventually coming across El Muerto. The studio loved the idea and the hope is to move fast on the project given Bad Bunny’s busy touring and acting schedule.

WIth the right director this could work. Nobody knew who The Guardians of the Galaxy were when that movie was announced either. Given Sony's track record and the fact that they are rushing this, I'm sure it will be terrible, but not because it's an obscure character. Shit I don't think I'M even familiar with this guy :p

3 hours ago, TheLeon said:

#1 most streamed artist on Spotify the last 2 years, and a name I hear referenced... never? I've probably heard him and just didn't know who it was. 

Yeah blows my mind sometimes finding out someone is the most popular artist and I’ve never heard of them. It’s really easy to be out of touch without any need for radio or even any commercials. Not that it’s a good or bad thing it’s just these days I feel like Id have to go out of my way to find out what’s popular in music.

I don’t seem to have the same problem with movies/actors even though I’m not like a movie buff or anything. 

47 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

That's what the article I read said. Sony execs were impressed with his performance in Bullet Train and that's how he got this. Same with Aaron Taylor Johnson and Kraven the Hunter.

https://deadline.com/2022/04/bad-bunny-spider-man-el-muerto-sonys-marvel-pic-1235009269/

Oh wow, I was mostly joking when I said that. So who's next? Joey King as Black Cat (if that movie is ever going to actually get made)? 

2 hours ago, TheLeon said:

He’s in the upcoming movie Bullet Train. Maybe they’ve seen some early footage and like how he fights Brad Pitt. 

Now that is a movie I am looking forward to. 

As for El Muerto, I have no clue if BB can act or not, but I have close to zero faith these days in Sony (acting solo) and taking an obscure character and managing to make a good movie out of it. I hope they prove me wrong...because honestly no matter what the early reviews are I know I'll end up seeing it like I do every comic movie that comes out. 

27 minutes ago, legend said:

I have never heard of this artist before either. Old confirmed!

I think the only thing I know him from is that Cheetos commercial...and the only reason I think that it's him because I remember seeing the commercial all the time and not knowing who the guy was or being able to understand a damn word he said and it annoyed the crap out of me. 

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, EternallDarkness said:

I think the only thing I know him from is that Cheetos commercial...and the only reason I think that it's him because I remember seeing the commercial all the time and not knowing who the guy was or being able to understand a damn word he said and it annoyed the crap out of me. 

This makes me realize that I don't even know what commercial you're talking about because I almost never see TV commercials anymore due to my streaming habits. So maybe I'm not old, maybe I'm just out of touch!

• Haha 1
  • True 1