IdeaOfEvil

The giphy exploit doesn't work for icons anymore. Now what can we do to get non 1x1 sizes?

My mini icon in the top right of the page is stretched to the original image's ratio in it's micro size. But my icon shows up as a perfect 1x1 square in all the thread sections, distorting the original image. For some reason we used to be able to upload animated gifs to giphy.com and D1P would glitch (glitch??) and allow your icons to show up as the correct ratio in posting threads. But it seems that glitch is gone now...

What else can we do?

@Emblazon is this possibly a CSS setting? When you upload an icon it doesn't force you into a 1:1 ratio, it only happens upon display afterward. It seems like what you'd want is a maximum width and to scale height down proportionally if you have to have it force the width down (likewise for height), which I'd assume is a straightforward thing once you find where it is in the CSS...?

Screen Shot 2017-08-16 at 3.38.14 PM.png

2 hours ago, Emblazon said:

Mine's always been horizontally squished. Lol. But I'll see what there is...

That's why I posted that screenshot doe, it doesn't really make sense that they'd let you do arbitrary resizing if the intention is to force square icons. :P

So, with the gify glitch you would submit the url of the uploaded image at gify.com to the icon menu, and then D1P would show the resize box at a 1x1 ratio over your non-1x1 image for you to focus on any specific area of a larger image. It used to be that whether or not you touched that resize box it didn't matter because the image that showed in your profile and in your threads would show up at the original gify proportion.

And now, since the top right mini icon shows up at the correct ratio/proportions, that must mean that the thread icon area is actually demanding to be filled to its maximum instead of capping the height and adjusting the width appropriately. Right?

iconsearch.jpg

And now it should be fixed across the board, for the three main themes, on both desktop and mobile. I changed the display a little differently on mobile because it looks like it HAS to be a 1 to 1 image, so if your avatar is not a square, it's going to crop the avatar to the center. I think it's better than being squished. :peace:

If anyone happens to notice any avatars that appear squished anywhere across the three themes, please let me know. @Jason @IdeaOfEvil

28 minutes ago, IdeaOfEvil said:

@Emblazon

So is this fix for avatar images in general (either from our comp or from a url), or do we still need to use a gify link to get correct proportions?

It should be across the board. Use whatever you want! :sun:

@Emblazon

Was wondering something. The boards don't allow emojis to be used (unless you're using tapatalk) is this feature something that can be unlocked on a theme level or is it something deeper?

Just wondering for a friend...

Spoiler

7 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

@Emblazon

Was wondering something. The boards don't allow emojis to be used (unless you're using tapatalk) is this feature something that can be unlocked on a theme level or is it something deeper?

Reveal hidden contents

I have noticed that. I have not looked further than noticing that. ;)

I will look into it. In the meantime, I'm going to take the hand job emoji here and turn it into a blowjob emoji as reparations for the emoji oversight. 

3 hours ago, Emblazon said:

I will look into it. In the meantime, I'm going to take the hand job emoji here and turn it into a blowjob emoji as reparations for the emoji oversight. 

I found how to turn emojis on while looking for something else a while back, but I didn't because:

1. I know @SFLUFAN would not want them turned on.
  2. IIRC, it said it had to do some kind of conversion to the database, which, you know, maybe we don't want to rush back into fucking around with. (It was probably something about converting character sets to the one that emojis require.)

Tapatalk emojis work because (based on the weird emoticons I've seen when people post from Tapatalk) it's pointing at an actual image file when it lets you post emoji.

On 10/31/2017 at 7:13 PM, Keyser_Soze said:

@Emblazon

Reveal hidden contents

On 10/31/2017 at 7:23 PM, Emblazon said:

@Keyser_Soze Don't say I never did anything for you. :bj: