Jump to content
CitizenVectron

Charlottesville and Its Ongoing Aftermath: The Thread

Recommended Posts

21 minutes ago, kaberle said:

History moves in circles.

"All this has happened before and all this will happen again."

Please cylons just come nuke us.

 @legend

 

 

Subjugation is so much more fun though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm actually willing to give Trump the benefit of the doubt here and guess that he is not a huge racist (beyond the normal racism attributable to being 70 years old), nor does he support the white supremacists or Nazis. Instead, I think he doesn't see these distinctions at all, only that these people support him.

 

If Trump had been nominated by the Democrats in 2016, he would be pushing for universal health care. He only cares about loyalty and praise.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A White House official tells CNN that White House Chief of Staff John Kelly and other top advisers hoped the president would turn a corner today and talk about infrastructure — but concedes they were entirely wrong.

“That was all him — this wasn't our plan," the official said.

The President has been fuming in closed-door meetings about what he sees as unfair coverage. It boiled open in full public view today, the official said.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, marioandsonic said:

 

Maybe it's because I've seen Spider-Man 2, but to me the cartoon is supposed to be CNN trying and failing to stop the "Trump Train". 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just watched the clips. He's clearly loosing it. I wonder if the GOP leadership is considering abandoning him for good. He's already turned on the GOP, and it's clear they won't be able to accomplish much with him in charge. They can't be dumb enough to think that things will ever get better - it will only get worse.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

I'm actually willing to give Trump the benefit of the doubt here and guess that he is not a huge racist (beyond the normal racism attributable to being 70 years old), nor does he support the white supremacists or Nazis. Instead, I think he doesn't see these distinctions at all, only that these people support him.

 

If Trump had been nominated by the Democrats in 2016, he would be pushing for universal health care. He only cares about loyalty and praise.

 

I think he's totally racist. Not in the "These Nazis are right, let's go hang some minorities" way, but totally in the "I'm totally better than every black guy" way.

 

But yeah, I agree 100%. I don't think he gives a shit what these people believe, as long as they support him. That's why it's so hard for him to condemn them. It's not that he agrees (though, maybe he does), it's just they support him, and that's all that matters to him.

 

If it where antifa shouting his name in praise, we would be seeing him do the same shit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, PaladinSolo said:

A White House official tells CNN that White House Chief of Staff John Kelly and other top advisers hoped the president would turn a corner today and talk about infrastructure — but concedes they were entirely wrong.

“That was all him — this wasn't our plan," the official said.

The President has been fuming in closed-door meetings about what he sees as unfair coverage. It boiled open in full public view today, the official said.

So when are any of these furrowed brows going to resign?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Komusha said:

 

Maybe it's because I've seen Spider-Man 2, but to me the cartoon is supposed to be CNN trying and failing to stop the "Trump Train". 

 

It's clearly someone trying to stop the train, and not someone getting hit by a train. Still says a lot though, in that it proves that he's too fucking stupid to understand that it might be viewed in a different context seeing all of the other crap he's posted and said.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

So when are any of these furrowed brows going to resign?

 

My fantasy is that 3-4 of the more respected top-level staff members will all resign as a group and publicly claim that he's dangerous and unfit to lead. Eh, it won't happen, but that would be something...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ort said:

 

It's clearly someone trying to stop the train, and not someone getting hit by a train. Still says a lot though, in that it proves that he's too fucking stupid to understand that it might be viewed in a different context seeing all of the other crap he's posted and said.

 

Yeah, I agree that it show some a lack of judgement. After the gif of him bodyslamming CNN you think he would have learned by now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Komusha said:

 

Yeah, I agree that it show some a lack of judgement. After the gif of him bodyslamming CNN you think he would have learned by now.

 

Or maybe he did learn and that's exactly why he posted it. Then again, it got deleted, so probably not.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Honestly, if he weren't so stupid, ke kind of has a point about Robert E Lee, who is well regarded in history. It's not like it was a Jefferson Davis statue.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Jose said:

Honestly, if he weren't so stupid, ke kind of has a point about Robert E Lee, who is well regarded in history. It's not like it was a Jefferson Davis statue.

 

It's true that Lee may not have been as bad as other Confederate leaders and generals, but it's that he was willing to fight for an unjust cause because of where he was born. Many German commanders in WWII were opposed to Hitler himself, but felt they had a duty to wage his war for Germany itself. They were also bad guys and should not be memorialized with statues.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

EDIT:

 

Quote

TRUMP: Okay, what about the alt-left that came charging at us – excuse me – what about the alt-left that came charging at the, as you say, the alt right? Do they have any semblance of guilt?

 

Quite the Freudian slip.

 

EDIT 2 - Might be a bad script.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×