CitizenVectron

Charlottesville and Its Ongoing Aftermath: The Thread

CitizenVectron    2,954

Can't post links, on mobile in a low, data area (at the lake this weekend). What is going on? A bunch of alt-right morons used tiki torches for a torch rally to protest the removal of Confederate statues.

Apparently the governor has declared the assembly unlawful, and armed counter-protests have arrived and riots are happening?

Lucian04    5,276

Most of the agitators have been driven out. Now it's just pockets of morons getting into shouting matches with the cops. Seems like the state is getting a handle on this.

mclumber1    827
24 minutes ago, thewhyteboar said:

Remember, heritage not hate.

My thought behind the whole Confederate heritage is this: your fucking nation existed for a total of 4 years. And then you lost. Give it up. 

PaladinSolo    236

This seems to have gone exactly as everyone expected, honestly i don't know how the police didn't just immediately toss these clowns showing up with shields and lining up forming a shield wall.

The CNN video of the racist punching a woman then running in terror as she charges him is glorious.

SFLUFAN    9,253

The police appeared to be content to let the Black Bloc and the Nazis have it out but when the Nazis allegedly attacked a line of pastors that was when they said "OK, we're done here."

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

apoc81    1,871
1 hour ago, mclumber1 said:

My thought behind the whole Confederate heritage is this: your fucking nation existed for a total of 4 years. And then you lost. Give it up. 

I still don't think historical statues should be torn down. Other than that, it's too bad most of these assholes weren't shot.

-Chris    2,457
On 6/14/2017 at 0:46 PM, heyyoudvd said:

What a load of crap. The precise opposite is true. Most of the political violence in recent times came from the left, not the right. It's the left that promotes violence. It's the left that promoted the "punch a Nazi" movement. It's the left that invented the concept of microaggressions so that they could justify engaging in macroaggressions (aka. violence) as a form of self-defense. It's left wing college campuses that promote the idea that speech can be a form of violence. It's the left that physically endangers speakers with opposing view when they try to deliver a speech on campus. It's the left that's responsible for violent organizations like BLM and Antifa. Compare those to the Tea Party movement and it becomes pretty clear that the vast majority of American political violence is emanating from the left, not the right.