The Onion has been banned from Twitter

Just now, osxmatt said:

There is probably a ton of meta going right over my head with this one, but how is The Onion able to post on Twitter if they've been banned from Twitter?

They’re not banned. That’s the joke sir.

• Haha 3

Just now, osxmatt said:

Me:

200.gif

To add further: I think the joke is how many people cry about being “cancelled” due to cancel culture and nothing for them has actually changed in reality. Chapelle is a great example.

50 minutes ago, Joe said:

To add further: I think the joke is how many people cry about being “cancelled” due to cancel culture and nothing for them has actually changed in reality. Chapelle is a great example.

And also that their martyrdom becomes an economic windfall for them! Nothing says persecution like a t-shirt and bracelet combo!   

• True 1

56 minutes ago, Joe said:

4 minutes ago, Mr.Vic20 said:

And also that their martyrdom becomes an economic windfall for them! Nothing says persecution like a t-shirt and bracelet combo!   

Exactly. This is golden Onion commentary on internet culture.

9 minutes ago, thewhyteboar said:

Conservative humor fails for the reason most conservative art fails: lack of empathy. 

That’s a big part, I think nowadays it’s also just lack of reality. Like, it doesn’t work because it assumes “the nation” actually gives a fuck about hunter biden’s laptop. It almost works in an unintended way, making fun of people who thinks hunter biden’s  laptop matters, but it’s not trying to go that angle. Since all their serious rhetoric is almost indistinguishable from parody to begin with, using it to try to do parody falls really flat.

1 hour ago, stepee said:

Is this an Onion article or a nyt article?

32 minutes ago, Captain Pickle said:

Conservatives are funny now??

gMIUlB5.jpg?play
I.IMGUR.COM

2925 views on Imgur

theright.jpg
KNOWYOURMEME.COM

The Right Is Starting to Get Better at Comedy refers to a frequently mocked tweet by InfoWars contributor Paul Joseph Watson. Many have used the tweet as an ironic reaction image pairing the tweet...

47 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

theright.jpg
KNOWYOURMEME.COM

The Right Is Starting to Get Better at Comedy refers to a frequently mocked tweet by InfoWars contributor Paul Joseph Watson. Many have used the tweet as an ironic reaction image pairing the tweet...

Well damn then.  Watched the video that started it and it’s great. Purest example of unfunny conservatives 

No one posted this one?

all-over-print-flag-white-front-625f123e
STORE.THEONION.COM

Who doesn’t want to turn their house into a home? Brighten up your space by adding this unique flag to your wall. Your flag won’t crease or shrink thanks to the polyester material and will last a long time. • 100% polyester • Knitted fabric • Fabric weight: 4.42 oz/yd² (150 g/m²) • Print on one side • Blank reverse sid

11 hours ago, osxmatt said:

There is probably a ton of meta going right over my head with this one, but how is The Onion able to post on Twitter if they've been banned from Twitter?

If it makes you feel better I'm so tired I didn't even realise those were Tweets.