Sign in to follow this  
ManUtdRedDevils

"Samus Edition" New Nintendo 3DS XL Announced

RedSoxFan9    2,357
8 minutes ago, Nokt said:

Looks sweet, but I definitely don't have a use for a second 3DS and I'm not getting rid of my Majoras Mask.

Same here although there is always room in my heart for foolish purchases. 

33 minutes ago, SFLUFAN said:

Remind me again why this game isn't also on the Switch?

Oh yeah, Nintendo is stupid - that's why!

This game will be BALLER on 3DS! (that uh...*is* how the term "baller" is supposed to be used, right?) The stereoscopic 3D is reportedly awesome for this game, and would be lost on a Switch port. Nah, this game belongs on 3DS. 

Besides, Switch is getting Metroid Prime 4. And 3DS is not. So fair's fair. Although I'd love a PROPER Prime game on 3DS. Actually, why isn't Prime 4 on 3DS as well?!? Never mind, you're right. Nintendo is stupid! 

SFLUFAN    9,484

I am not debating that the game belongs on the 3DS, nor am I arguing that it might be "better" on the 3DS.  It just seems like a lost opportunity for the game to not be on the Switch as well.

@SFLUFAN

Eh, it'll probably sell better on 3DS. Probably not worth the time/resources into putting the game on Switch. There are far more 3DS systems out there than...well, any current-gen system.

More to the point, did I use the term "baller" correctly? :P 

Zaku3    164
10 hours ago, GameDadGrant said:

@SFLUFAN

Eh, it'll probably sell better on 3DS. Probably not worth the time/resources into putting the game on Switch. There are far more 3DS systems out there than...well, any current-gen system.

More to the point, did I use the term "baller" correctly? :P 

Negative. Baller refers to a person with money. In particular a person that was broke that is now really fiancially well off. 

30 minutes ago, Zaku3 said:

Negative. Baller refers to a person with money. In particular a person that was broke that is now really fiancially well off. 

Damn! Not even close. :( 

Keyser_Soze    5,621
3 hours ago, GameDadGrant said:

Damn! Not even close. :( 

The definition isn't that strict. You can use it as an adjective as well as a noun. The way you used it depends on interpretation which is why I said kinda.

Mike    523
On August 9, 2017 at 9:03 AM, Biggie_Rich said:

It says it will be available at select retailers. Do we know who they are?

GameStop

Mike    523
3 minutes ago, Biggie_Rich said:

That's it???

I'm not sure, its the only retailer I know of so far, might as well get a preorder in while you can

DarkStar189    317
On 8/9/2017 at 9:56 AM, SFLUFAN said:

I am not debating that the game belongs on the 3DS, nor am I arguing that it might be "better" on the 3DS.  It just seems like a lost opportunity for the game to not be on the Switch as well.

Nintendo needed a back up plan in case the Switch ended up being a flop. 

Biggie_Rich    1,198
16 hours ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

So. I said I was done buying LEs, but I lied. I have this preordered on Amazon. 

To make myself feel better about buying it, I'm selling one of my Smash units. :lol:

It's a very nice looking 3DS. That orange really pops. 

misfit410    856

I was going to make a thread but this seems like the perfect place to ask a question.

I have a Launch 3DS,  is there any improvements on the newer ones that would make me desire it over the launch edition?

been thinking about getting a new one just for this game (and to give my old one to my son (locking out the 3D effects obviously)

Zaku3    164

They have better procezsors which is needed for Xenoblade, Hyrule Warriors, and FE Warriors. Better 3d effect as well. Beyond that maybe a better screen if you win the IPS screen lottery.

chakoo    299
On 9/12/2017 at 8:50 PM, misfit410 said:

I was going to make a thread but this seems like the perfect place to ask a question.

I have a Launch 3DS,  is there any improvements on the newer ones that would make me desire it over the launch edition?

been thinking about getting a new one just for this game (and to give my old one to my son (locking out the 3D effects obviously)

Improved CPU, This is required for any N3DS games (only a small handful) BUT it does actually affect all games in that some games secretly will have improvements on a N3DS and in general old games tend to load faster.

Other then that the screens are a bit better, there is a C stick and few extra triggers, and if you get the 3D model, the 3d effect is vastly improved and is able to make adjustments to widen the sweet spot.

misfit410    856
8 hours ago, chakoo said:

Improved CPU, This is required for any N3DS games (only a small handful) BUT it does actually affect all games in that some games secretly will have improvements on a N3DS and in general old games tend to load faster.

Other then that the screens are a bit better, there is a C stick and few extra triggers, and if you get the 3D model, the 3d effect is vastly improved and is able to make adjustments to widen the sweet spot.

Sounds good,  I'm going to try to get my hands on this Samus edition