Sign in to follow this  
AndrewDean84

Splatoon 2

AndrewDean84    517

So I probably put a good 2 hours into it last night. Seems like it's an improvement over the first game in just about every way. 

I was able to get to level 4 in Regular Battles. A whole lot of fun. 

Visually, while not technically a stellar looking game, it still manages to look great and performs perfectly. 

I tried the single player and it's what you would expect. It's likely what I'll play on my work breaks. I like that the levels reward exploration too. 

I can't wait to try Salmon Run with my daughter after work. I surprised her this morning with her own digital copy on her Switch. She was so happy. Typically, I buy 1 physical game for us to share on our switch's, but Splatoon 2 doesn't have local co-op. 

Here's a screenshot I took last night:

20157848_1945379532405715_49349864329312

Mike    509

Splatoon 2 is fucking awesome, Ive only played online for an hour but can see myself dumping many hours into this like I do with Mario Kart 8 Deluxe

Biggie_Rich    1,145
55 minutes ago, Mike said:

Splatoon 2 is fucking awesome, Ive only played online for an hour but can see myself dumping many hours into this like I do with Mario Kart 8 Deluxe

What's online like? 4 v 4 or what?

Mike    509
11 minutes ago, Biggie_Rich said:

Yep, 4 vs 4 and super buttery smooth, tons of Splatting fun!

AndrewDean84    517
32 minutes ago, Biggie_Rich said:

Yes, 4 v 4, but if you play it like a shooter,  you'r only going to lose.  Probably some of the most online fun I've had in a long time.  Matches are quick, lobby time has gone down from the first game, more modes and more!  This game has a lot for a $60 price tag, plus all future content is free, and splatfests are guaranteed for "at least" 2 years. 

This game has the potential to topple Zelda from my most played game in 2017 position.  

DarkStar189    312

I can't decide which weapon I like using. The giant paint roller is great. Especially when the other team has horrible aim and can't hit you while you paint and run them down. I was also having good luck with that long range (sharpshooter? I forget the name). Played a few more games after I hit lvl 4. I really liked it but most matches were so one sided it hurt. I was only on the winning team 2 or 3 games. Most games were just blowouts though. Hope that clears up with more experience. 

Keyser_Soze    5,551

Played this for a little over an hour (However long it takes to get to level 4 so I can buy a shirt) had fun.

Though I have a couple of gripes. The "menu" is pretty confusing at the beginning. I just wanted to go to multiplayer which I guess is "lobby" but I went everywhere else first and then you have to listen to all this story stuff before you can even go back.

Also, what's with Nintendo games and getting to level 4 before you can do anything? To play ranked in Arms you need to be level 4, you have to be level 4 in this game to buy gear. WTF? Just let me do it damn it!

Slug    954

How's single play? Shit to unlock? Most of my MK8 playtime was spent in local multiplayer and 3-starring all of the cups on every cc.

- Slug

Keyser_Soze    5,551
3 hours ago, Mike said:

Y'all kicked their butts lol

This is easy to achieve if even one person is afk. You'll get stomped.

8 hours ago, Mike said:

Keyser I didn't know you had a Switch

lol I don't, but maybe I will consider one in the future. :P

AndrewDean84    517
12 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

This is easy to achieve if even one person is afk. You'll get stomped.

lol I don't, but maybe I will consider one in the future. :P

I've won a match where we had 3 v 4. 

misfit410    829

I didn't play the original because I was sort of done with my WiiU by the time it came out..

took me a bit to really "get" this game (most of my issue is that I won't read or study up I just want to hop in and figure things out)..

now that I got the swing of it, loving it.

Keyser_Soze    5,551
8 hours ago, AndrewDean84 said:

I've won a match where we had 3 v 4. 

You just have all the answers. You're amazing!

Anzo    561

Salmon Run is a very good secondary mode. I may play that more than anything else. 

Slug    954

Finally picked it up yesterday, but didn't get a chance to play.  Tonight?  Tomorrow?  I need to get un-busy...my games miss me. :(