• Announcements

• SFLUFAN

D1P 2017 Charity Campaign for The Life You Can Save: $1,615 (as of June 4, 2017)   12/12/2016

I've decided to extend our charity campaign for The Life You Can Save organizations for the entirety of 2017 so feel free to contribute at any time!  Periodically through the year, I'll have game giveaways for those who have donated to the campaign as a "thank you" for supporting this worthy endeavor!
    • SFLUFAN

D1Pcast Episode D1Pcast Episode 28 - E3 2017 Rabbids Everywhere (Ft. SeVeN CDN and GuyWhoPostThings)   06/01/2017

E3 2017 has come and gone and now we are left with this empty feeling as we know we have to wait another 365 days for the next one. We [email protected] [email protected]@[email protected] I break down everything that was glorious (and not so glorious) at E3 2017. From EA's snoozefest to Microsoft's XOXO launch exclusivitiness to Devolver Digitals blood bath! So listen on in as we grade each conference and even have an extra special guest way in their thoughts on Ubisoft's conference in this months D1Pcast!      
GuyWhoPostsThings

Bride-to-be calls 911 and is fatally shot by police, body cams were off

63 posts in this topic

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2017/07/17/bride-to-be-called-911-for-help-and-was-fatally-shot-by-a-minneapolis-police-officer/?tid=sm_fb&utm_term=.6f3d692a297e

W1lCfJn.png

The woman was identified by family in local and Australian news reports as 40-year-old Justine Damond, a native Australian who studied to be a veterinarian in Sydney before moving to Minneapolis to be with her fiance. The couple planned to marry next month.

Damond’s call for help came in just before 11:30 p.m. Saturday, according to a news release from the Minnesota Bureau of Criminal Apprehension. Two Minneapolis Police Department officers went to an alley near her home in the Fulton neighborhood, a popular area on the city’s southwest side.

And the body cams:

But the BCA offered few other details on what precipitated the shooting and, it said, neither responding officer had turned on their body cameras before the shooting. The squad car camera did not capture the incident either. Investigators are looking into whether other video of the shooting exists, the statement said.

All Minneapolis police officers have worn body cameras since the end of 2016, according to the city, a policy decision that was announced in July 2016, same month a black motorist named Philando Castile was fatally shot by a police officer in the Twin Cities area.

Face-johnny

The important question is what did black people do somewhere? I mean we need the narrative.

54 minutes ago, kaberle said:

Face-johnny

The important question is what did black people do somewhere? I mean we need the narrative.

Well they didn't riot... I guess that's some narrative for you.

She's white and good looking so there may actually be consequences.

Of course it's their word as the only evidence, and all any officer ever has to say is that they feared for their safety.

She said something about "barbecuing us shrimps" and I feared for my life.

What's the point of the body cams if you don't have to TURN THEM ON

GOD DAMMIT PEOPLE

8 minutes ago, Occam's Chainsaw said:

What's the point of the body cams if you don't have to TURN THEM ON

GOD DAMMIT PEOPLE

HEY! THE ONLY THING THAT MATTERS IS THAT THOSE HEROES WENT HOME SAFE AT THE END OF THEIR SHIFT YOU UNAMERICAN POS!!!11ONE! BLUELIVES MATTER!

Maybe white people will start caring about police brutality.

1 minute ago, Komusha said:

Maybe white people will start caring about police brutality now.

OLOLOLOLOL

They ain't getting away with killing white woman. Somebody is getting a 2nd degree murder charge/ 

I still haven't a clue what happened in this case.

44 minutes ago, apoc81 said:

They ain't getting away with killing white woman. Somebody is getting a 2nd degree murder charge/ 

lololol he'll get fired at best, charges won't stick. The family will get a good payout from the lawsuit though

6 hours ago, kaberle said:

Face-johnny

I'm not sure where they got the information but commenters on the article are claiming the officer was a black Somali (Muslim?) immigrant. Also, the comments on the article are predictably cancerous as a result.

From Yahoo! article:

Minnesota’s Bureau of Criminal Apprehension (BCA) was unable to determine why Damond was shot because the responding officers did not have their body cameras turned on. However, sources told the Star Tribune that Damond met the officers outside of her home and was speaking with the officer in the driver’s seat when the officer in the passenger’s seat shot her through the door.

Hey let me just pull out my gun while I sit in the passenger seat with my partner in the driver seat and shoot across him through the door and kill this lady.

10/10.

22 minutes ago, Jason said:

I'm not sure where they got the information but commenters on the article are claiming the officer was a black Somali (Muslim?) immigrant. Also, the comments on the article are predictably cancerous as a result.

Maybe racism will finally be used for good!

46 minutes ago, Lucian04 said:

This thread has hit peak retardation.

"She's white and pretty, there will be consequences."

:silly:

This. There have been a few other threads on here and reddit where a whitey got wrongfully killed by da cops. They all said the same thing as this thread, and they were wrong. Nothing happened.  

Sounds like (based on the limited info) that he had his gun in his hand and his finger on the trigger like an idiot, and it was accidentally fired?

5 hours ago, Bacon said:

This. There have been a few other threads on here and reddit where a whitey got wrongfully killed by da cops. They all said the same thing as this thread, and they were wrong. Nothing happened.  

Yeah but now Australia is mad at you.

Ms Damond called police just before midnight on Saturday after hearing a possible assault taking place in an alley behind her Minneapolis home.

She was in her pyjamas when she approached Noor's police vehicle.

Mr Noor, the first Somali-American officer at Minneapolis' 5th Precinct, was in the passenger seat and fired multiple times across his partner at Ms Damond, Minneapolis TV station KSTP reported.

Sounds psycho. Im guessing they will go the 'I thought the phone was a gun' line.

13 hours ago, Art Vandelay said:

Sounds psycho. Im guessing they will go the 'I thought the phone was a gun' line.

Well there goes the "accidentally discharged" defense. I mean, all he really needs is the "I felt my life was in danger" defense and he will get off.

The cop was Somalian, one of the countries on the banned list so the cop was a terrorist plain and simple.

3 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

The cop was Somalian, one of the countries on the banned list so the cop was a terrorist plain and simple.

Yep he's a black cop named Mohamed.

That's a plot twist I wasn't expecting.

4 hours ago, CitizenVectron said:

Well there goes the "accidentally discharged" defense. I mean, all he really needs is the "I felt my life was in danger" defense and he will get off.

tumblr_l7fbg6r5X21qc2s5go1_500.png

Officer heard loud noise before partner Mohamed Noor shot Justine Damond, Minnesota BCA says

Near the end of the alley, a “loud sound” startled Harrity. A moment later, Justine Damond, the woman who had called 911, approached the driver’s side of the squad car. Suddenly a surprise burst of gunfire blasted past Harrity as Noor fired through the squad’s open window, striking Damond in the abdomen.

The two officers began lifesaving efforts, but within 20 minutes Damond was dead.

That rudimentary account of her death, released Tuesday by the state Bureau of Criminal Apprehension, is based on an interview that Harrity, 25, a one-year veteran of the force, gave to BCA investigators about a case that has become a focus of national and international attention. Noor so far has refused to talk to investigators and there is no indication when or if he might tell his side of the story.