• Announcements

• SFLUFAN

D1P 2017 Charity Campaign for The Life You Can Save: $1,615 (as of June 4, 2017)   12/12/2016

I've decided to extend our charity campaign for The Life You Can Save organizations for the entirety of 2017 so feel free to contribute at any time!  Periodically through the year, I'll have game giveaways for those who have donated to the campaign as a "thank you" for supporting this worthy endeavor!
    • SFLUFAN

D1Pcast Episode D1Pcast Episode 28 - E3 2017 Rabbids Everywhere (Ft. SeVeN CDN and GuyWhoPostThings)   06/01/2017

E3 2017 has come and gone and now we are left with this empty feeling as we know we have to wait another 365 days for the next one. We [email protected] [email protected]@[email protected] I break down everything that was glorious (and not so glorious) at E3 2017. From EA's snoozefest to Microsoft's XOXO launch exclusivitiness to Devolver Digitals blood bath! So listen on in as we grade each conference and even have an extra special guest way in their thoughts on Ubisoft's conference in this months D1Pcast!      
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Brick

A very serious physics question

17 posts in this topic

Let's say there is this woman that can turn her whole body invisible, like her skin is like an invisibility cloak from Harry Potter, so anything within her skin is invisible. Great power. It's also great for party tricks because she can eat something, and have it disappear into thin air.

Now imagine what would happen if you got a blowjob from her. The tip of your dick would disappear into thin air, so you'd see your shaft just end abruptly, but what would it look like if you bent around to look at your dick straight on? You would obviously see right through the woman's head, but what about your dick? Would you see like a cross section of the anatomy of your dick? Blackness? A clear hole right through you as well?

THIS IS A VERY SERIOUS QUESTION THAT THE ANSWER NEEDS TO BE FOUND TO, GENTLEMEN!

It would look how your dick normally looks obviously.

No you still wouldn't see the dick no matter which angle you look at it 

4 hours ago, Brick said:

The tip of your dick would disappear into thin air, so you'd see your shaft just end abruptly

That's what you would see from every angle.

1 hour ago, best3444 said:

That's what you would see from every angle.

But what if you looked at the tip head on, like it's pointing right at you? 

5 hours ago, Brick said:

I'd suck on it. 

7 hours ago, Brick said:

You'd probably see a cross-section.

To answer this important question properly, we're going to need to ground out the mechanisms of the invisibility a bit more first. I think you might, in fact, be jumping around between different mechanisms as you work through it, which makes it slightly difficult to evaluate. Lets start by considering two possible mechanisms:

1. Manifold pass-through
  2. Convex-hull field cloaking

TBC, I've made these terms up, because I'm not up to speed on current models of cloaking technology, and only doing what I can from some first principles. Lets go through each.

Manifold pass-through is how my understanding of the Harry Potter cloak of invisibility works, which you started with. Be aware that I could have misinterpreted how their cloak of invisibility works because I'm not a big Potter fan, but just go with me for the sake of description. In this setting, you have some manifold you can shape in 3d space. Lets refer to such a manifold as a cloak to ground out the discussion further. What it does is both receive and emit light at each point on its surface (in reality, it would probably have to be discrete and have many densely packed arrangements of receivers and emitters). The cloak is also aware of its shape in 3d space. The receivers are also more of a light field receiver, rather than point intensity, thereby allowing it detect the vectors of light, rather than merely the intensity (it's possible vector determination could be implemented in practice by aggregating multiple intensity sensors in a small region and I believe that's actually how current light field tech works). Given the vector of light that is received, as well as the shape of the cloak, it may calculate how the light would project through the manifold were there nothing else in the way, and which other points of the manifold the vector would intersect. Given the points of intersection and the vector coming out of them, the emitters responsible there would emit the corresponding light vector.

So now that we've grounded out the method of cloaking, lets get back to the penis scenario. Given that her mouth is around your penis, what that means is there is a hole in the manifold where it is. Consequently, no light sensors will be able to know what light originated from those points. If you then look "from behind" where light from your penis would have passed through, you'd have a dead zone, because it would not receive any light to emit back around from that region. The natural way to render a dead zone is black (no light). However, it would be trivial to make the cloak emit any other colors, even random ones, for wherever there were dead zones.

Now lets consider convex-hull field cloaking. In this scenario you might start with a manifold defining the space that is cloaked, like before, but instead, a "field of cloaking" is generated on the convex hull around that space. In layman's terms, that means the cloaking field extends across any holes in the surface in the most minimal way. (It would also extend across any concavities in the cloak if it's a complete complex hull rather than just over the holes.) It's not clear to me how such a field could be created, but if we otherwise assume similar properties as the manifold-pass through on the convex hull that is generated, then we'd see a cross section of the penis if you looked from the other side.

The reasoning for why a cross-section requires a bit iteration through the dynamics.  Indeed, naturally, there would be no (meaningful) light reaching the inside of your penis to be reflected back, which at first glance suggests we should again see blackness. However, the cloaking provides said reflective light. Light comes from the back, passing through the cloaking field, at at every point on the convex hull, including the intersection with your penis. Since the intersection makes contact with the "inside" of your penis light gets shined on it. Then the inside of your penis reflects that light backward, back into the convex hull, and out the other side, thereby clearly illuminating to you (now looking from the back) the cross section and inside of your penis. Another interesting facet is since the primary light to illuminate the cross section comes from passing through the cloak, you could actually make shadow puppets on the cross section, were you so inclined.

I hope this helps in thinking through the possible outcomes.

4 minutes ago, legend said:

To answer this important question properly, we're going to need to ground out the mechanisms of the invisibility a bit more first. I think you might, in fact, be jumping around between different mechanisms as you work through it, which makes it slightly difficult to evaluate. Lets start by considering two possible mechanisms:

1. Manifold pass-through

TBC, I've made these terms up, because I'm not up to speed on current models of cloaking technology, and only doing what I can from some first principles. Lets go through each.

Manifold pass-through is how my understanding of the Harry Potter cloak of invisibility works, which you started with. Be aware that I could have misinterpreted how their cloak of invisibility works because I'm not a big Potter fan, but just go with me for the sake of description. In this setting, you have some manifold you can shape in 3d space. Lets refer to such a manifold as a cloak to ground out the discussion further. What it does is both receive and emit light at each point on its surface (in reality, it would probably have to be discrete and have many densely packed arrangements of receivers and emitters). The cloak is also aware of its shape in 3d space. The receivers are also more of a light field receiver, rather than point intensity, thereby allowing it detect the vectors of light, rather than merely the intensity (it's possible vector determination could be implemented in practice by aggregating multiple intensity sensors in a small region and I believe that's actually how current light field tech works). Given the vector of light that is received, as well as the shape of the cloak, it may be calculate how the light would project through the manifold were there nothing else in the way, and which other points of the manifold it would intersect. Given the points of intersection and the vector coming out of them, the emitters responsible there would emit the corresponding light vector.

So now that we've grounded out the method of cloaking, lets get back to the penis scenario. Given that her mouth is around your penis, what that means is there is a hole in the manifold where it is. Consequently, no light sensors will be able to know what light originated from those points. If you then look "from behind" where light from your penis would have passed through, you'd have a dead zone, because it would not receive any light to emit back around from that region. The natural way to render a dead zone is black (no light). However, it would be trivial to make the cloak emit any other colors, even random ones, for wherever there were dead zones.

Now lets consider convex-hull field cloaking. In this scenario you might start with a manifold define the the space that is cloaked, but instead of "field of cloaking" is generated on the convex hull around that space. In layman's terms, that means the cloaking field extends across any holes in the surface in the most minimal way. It's not clear to me how such a field could be created, but if we otherwise assume similar properties as the manifold-pass through on the convex hull that is generated, then we'd see a cross section of the penis if you looked from the other side.

The reasoning for why a cross-section requires a bit iteration through the dynamics.  Indeed, naturally, there would be no (meaningful) light reaching the inside of your penis to be reflected back, which at first glance suggests we should again see blackness. However, the cloaking provides said reflective light. Light comes from the back, passing through the cloaking field, at at every point on the convex hull, including the intersection with your penis. Since the intersection makes contact with the "inside" of your penis light gets shined on it. Then the inside of your penis reflects that light backward, back into the convex hull, and out the other side, thereby clearly illuminating to you (now looking from the back) quite clearly the cross section and inside of your penis. Another interesting facet is since the primary light to illuminate the cross section comes from passing through the cloak, you could actually make shadows on the cross section.

God, I love you! :lol:

7 hours ago, legend said:

1. Manifold pass-through

Manifold pass-through is how my understanding of the Harry Potter cloak of invisibility works, which you started with. Be aware that I could have misinterpreted how their cloak of invisibility works because I'm not a big Potter fan, but just go with me for the sake of description. In this setting, you have some manifold you can shape in 3d space. Lets refer to such a manifold as a cloak to ground out the discussion further. What it does is both receive and emit light at each point on its surface (in reality, it would probably have to be discrete and have many densely packed arrangements of receivers and emitters). The cloak is also aware of its shape in 3d space. The receivers are also more of a light field receiver, rather than point intensity, thereby allowing it detect the vectors of light, rather than merely the intensity (it's possible vector determination could be implemented in practice by aggregating multiple intensity sensors in a small region and I believe that's actually how current light field tech works). Given the vector of light that is received, as well as the shape of the cloak, it may calculate how the light would project through the manifold were there nothing else in the way, and which other points of the manifold the vector would intersect. Given the points of intersection and the vector coming out of them, the emitters responsible there would emit the corresponding light vector.

Now lets consider convex-hull field cloaking. In this scenario you might start with a manifold define the the space that is cloaked, but instead a "field of cloaking" is generated on the convex hull around that space. In layman's terms, that means the cloaking field extends across any holes in the surface in the most minimal way. (It would also extend across any concavities in the cloak if it's a complete complex hull rather than just over the holes.) It's not clear to me how such a field could be created, but if we otherwise assume similar properties as the manifold-pass through on the convex hull that is generated, then we'd see a cross section of the penis if you looked from the other side.

The reasoning for why a cross-section requires a bit iteration through the dynamics.  Indeed, naturally, there would be no (meaningful) light reaching the inside of your penis to be reflected back, which at first glance suggests we should again see blackness. However, the cloaking provides said reflective light. Light comes from the back, passing through the cloaking field, at at every point on the convex hull, including the intersection with your penis. Since the intersection makes contact with the "inside" of your penis light gets shined on it. Then the inside of your penis reflects that light backward, back into the convex hull, and out the other side, thereby clearly illuminating to you (now looking from the back) the cross section and inside of your penis. Another interesting facet is since the primary light to illuminate the cross section comes from passing through the cloak, you could actually make shadow puppets on the cross section, were you so inclined.

This is the single greatest answer ever posted on these boards. Everything else is second. 

1 hour ago, Brick said:

This is the single greatest answer ever posted on these boards. Everything else is second. 

giphy.gif

I aim to please.

invisible woman means invisible eyes so no eye contact during BJ which takes a lot out of it. 

It's only her skin and what's within her skin that turns invisible, right? The facial should be interesting.