bladimir2k

Destiny 2 Discussion - There's a Leviathan Raid within my Leviathan Raid!

1 hour ago, atom631 said:

Yeah Im still not sure whats going with my exotic ornament for vigilance wing. Still shows up in the destiny app... but not in my inventory or on my gun. At this point, the gun is kinda useless and I can rebuy one from the vault for the 10 shards. Im thinking of doing that to see if the ornament pops up. 

I love vigilance wing in pvp. It's a beast. 

Just now, mo1518 said:

I love vigilance wing in pvp. It's a beast. 

I did for a while, but I feel like ARs in that medium range outgun it everytime. and then at longer range, MIDA out guns it. 

18 minutes ago, mo1518 said:

Remember pulling the Ethernet on Crota? 

:facepalm:

How do people figure this shit out? By chance or literally sitting there looking for exploits all day? 

52 minutes ago, atom631 said:

I did for a while, but I feel like ARs in that medium range outgun it everytime. and then at longer range, MIDA out guns it. 

This is why we need Private Crucible Matches back.

I still don't understand why they took away features from D1.  

30 minutes ago, StephenO1683 said:

Fully disagree if you're running the gauntlet.  

Yeah, it works well in the Gauntlet and it works well if you're on the add control/throne room team for Calus.

34 minutes ago, Slug said:

Yeah, it works well in the Gauntlet and it works well if you're on the add control/throne room team for Calus.

Sometimes it's not about what's the best weapons but which weapon the player is best with. We found that out the hard way twice. And one of our 6th in the final boss fight was struggling lasting week, he switched to Midas and we beat it just fine. He was having hard time with adds. His secondary was a quicker firing gun. @therockdltj now if everyone ran Midas it be hard. Merciless, Cold Heart and good auto rifle are most important. 

1 hour ago, StephenO1683 said:

Fully disagree if you're running the gauntlet.  

Was wondering why it would be useless in the Raid. Seems like such a great weapon and shoots so fucking fast. 

48 minutes ago, Biggie_Rich said:

Was wondering why it would be useless in the Raid. Seems like such a great weapon and shoots so fucking fast. 

Well...useless is probably too strong a word.  Less than optimal, let's say.  See, there are a few parts of the raid where you need to melt a big life bar fast.  Mida isn't really designed for that.  Mida is great for taking out tons of regular enemies because it's accurate and does decent damage.  So a room full of reds, you can sweep through with Mida and if your aim isn't for shit you can take them down really efficiently.  But if you run up on an orange-bar enemy with a shield, Mida is going to take forever to whittle it down.   And in the raid when those moments happen, speed is kind of critical.  You don't get your guy down, the team wipes.   That said, there are parts of the raid where Mida would work very well.  I actually switched to it myself on a couple of occasions last night.  But in some spots it just won't cut it due to the nature of the enemies you're encountering.  If you don't have some sort of high efficiency AR or something as a backup for those moments, you aren't going to be able to down your targets fast enough and the raid team will suffer for it.

1 hour ago, Biggie_Rich said:

Mida is a an all-around feel-good exotic. Fun to use, feels just right, gives you a speed boost, but for an exotic there's not much to the perks. It's still a great gun, but there's other exotics out there that are far superior based on the situation, and raids are all about knowing what to do and having the right tools for the job. You're not going to use mida on yellow bars or bosses, and you can shoot a psion or phalanx with any scout rifle in the game, Mida isn't truly exceptional at that either. So it's a waste of an exotic when you could be burning enemies down with merciless, a gun specifically designed to help you kill tough yellow bars faster. 

1 hour ago, Slug said:

Well...useless is probably too strong a word.  Less than optimal, let's say.  See, there are a few parts of the raid where you need to melt a big life bar fast.  Mida isn't really designed for that.  Mida is great for taking out tons of regular enemies because it's accurate and does decent damage.  So a room full of reds, you can sweep through with Mida and if your aim isn't for shit you can take them down really efficiently.  But if you run up on an orange-bar enemy with a shield, Mida is going to take forever to whittle it down.   And in the raid when those moments happen, speed is kind of critical.  You don't get your guy down, the team wipes.   That said, there are parts of the raid where Mida would work very well.  I actually switched to it myself on a couple of occasions last night.  But in some spots it just won't cut it due to the nature of the enemies you're encountering.  If you don't have some sort of high efficiency AR or something as a backup for those moments, you aren't going to be able to down your targets fast enough and the raid team will suffer for it.

I also have a 284 Scathelocke Auto Rifle and a 287 Manannan SR4 Scout Rifle. Along with a 297 Sunshot Hand Cannon. 

@mo1518

@eggydoo

@StephenO1683

5 minutes ago, Biggie_Rich said:

I also have a 284 Scathelocke Auto Rifle and a 287 Manannan SR4 Scout Rifle. Along with a 297 Sunshot Hand Cannon. 

Yeah you should be mostly fine.  You'd just have to be really careful in baths.  You need a non-explosive heavy other than that rocket launcher for the bathers, or just be super careful not to blow yourself up.

29 minutes ago, Slug said:

Yeah you should be mostly fine.  You'd just have to be really careful in baths.  You need a non-explosive heavy other than that rocket launcher for the bathers, or just be super careful not to blow yourself up.

Now we both know I’m going to blow myself the fuck up so I better start infusing my Merciless. :lol: 

I've felt that I've been using Hard Light the most in the Raid. With adds, it drops them quickly and reloads nearly instantly because of it's perk, and it does wonders on the skulls. Puts Coldheart to shame. 

20 minutes ago, Emblazon said:

I've felt that I've been using Hard Light the most in the Raid. With adds, it drops them quickly and reloads nearly instantly because of it's perk, and it does wonders on the skulls. Puts Coldheart to shame. 

I've also been using hard light a bunch lately, though not in the raid. It's feels the same as D1, but performs much better. Really liking it. 

1 hour ago, therockdltj said:

If you actually get lucky enough to have something drop to infuse it with. I always tend to get sniper rifles and other bullshit.

Buy the man o war from asher on Io, he sells it at your current light level (assuming you've done the questline). I believe it infuses into merciless, so if you can't get a fusion to drop, buying it from him costs 10 shards +1 to infuse it. 

27 minutes ago, mo1518 said:

Buy the man o war from asher on Io, he sells it at your current light level (assuming you've done the questline). I believe it infuses into merciless, so if you can't get a fusion to drop, buying it from him costs 10 shards +1 to infuse it. 

I’m going to try this tonight. Thanks. :thumbsup: 

1 hour ago, NeoJoe said:

Hey @mo1518 and @bladimir2k have you guys finished all the adventures? There's one that talks about Calus. I'm really enjoying running through them. They add quite a bit to the story.

I've been doing one here and there, mostly saving them for when the content drought gets too real. 

27 minutes ago, therockdltj said:

I have a mob justice, Ghost Primus and a Adjudicator all at LL 10 but I haven't found anything to infuse with them above 265 yet. Not sure if Graviton Lance is good but mine is only 221 LL.

Play literally anything and you'll eventually get blue guns that can be infused into that gear. 

Shout out to @NeoJoe for getting the NF done with me all the way in Portugal. Feels good to get the engram for the Clan considering you guys are getting me raid gear every week. NF can be a pain in the ass this week but there is a anomaly glitch that makes getting the max time allowed very easy.

All three of my characters are at 304 now, still waiting to run the raid with you guys. I want my first clear to be with the squad.

Also Zavala’s blue ass just gave me 305 Orpheus Rig boots for my hunter, they’re awesome!