• Announcements

• SFLUFAN

D1P 2017 Charity Campaign for The Life You Can Save: $1,615 (as of June 4, 2017)   12/12/2016

I've decided to extend our charity campaign for The Life You Can Save organizations for the entirety of 2017 so feel free to contribute at any time!  Periodically through the year, I'll have game giveaways for those who have donated to the campaign as a "thank you" for supporting this worthy endeavor!
    • SFLUFAN

D1Pcast Episode D1Pcast Episode 28 - E3 2017 Rabbids Everywhere (Ft. SeVeN CDN and GuyWhoPostThings)   06/01/2017

E3 2017 has come and gone and now we are left with this empty feeling as we know we have to wait another 365 days for the next one. We [email protected] [email protected]@[email protected] I break down everything that was glorious (and not so glorious) at E3 2017. From EA's snoozefest to Microsoft's XOXO launch exclusivitiness to Devolver Digitals blood bath! So listen on in as we grade each conference and even have an extra special guest way in their thoughts on Ubisoft's conference in this months D1Pcast!      
Mr.Vic20

Warframe gets radical overhaul with "Plains of Eidolon" expansion

238 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, Mr.Vic20 said:

Care to do some runs today?

I'm not sure if I'll have time today. My wife is going to London tomorrow, so we will be busy trying to get her ready. I will definitely have time tomorrow though.

1 minute ago, Iculus said:

I'm not sure if I'll have time today. My wife is going to London tomorrow, so we will be busy trying to get her ready. I will definitely have time tomorrow though.

Sounds good, I'm game for some frame tomorrow. I hope the mrs. has a safe trip! 

6 hours ago, Mr.Vic20 said:

Sounds good, I'm game for some frame tomorrow. I hope the mrs. has a safe trip! 

Thanks for the gift! I look forward to leveling that up tomorrow.

They say the world runs on money, or alternatively Dunkin' Donuts, but the World of Warframe (WoW for short) appears to run on Forma. What is the best way to grind out some Forma? 

Is there any reason to hold on to duplicate mods?

Edit: I would also like suggestions for my next melee weapon. My current one is maxed. 

52 minutes ago, Moa said:

They say the world runs on money, or alternatively Dunkin' Donuts, but the World of Warframe (WoW for short) appears to run on Forma. What is the best way to grind out some Forma? 

The quickest way to get forma is to run rift missions as forma BPs are a common drop on many of the relic keys. 

1 minute ago, Iculus said:

There used to be, but now there is no reason except to sell them for plat or trade them for other mods or gear. 

11 hours ago, Moa said:

What are the mats you need? its either orokin cells, or neurodes/neural sensors that is the problem right? (In a bit too high atm to think clearly) Get Neurodes/neural sensors (which ever one it is that you need for forma) just do the assassination mission on I think jupiter. should be the one vs alad V, and his dog things. he has a very high chance of dropping some on death.

If you need orokin cellsI dont remember if i needed them for forma or if it was other prime gear i needed them from, but i get them from running endless missions on saturn. the defense one is a good node, plus it keeps the area to search for drops more contained then something like survival. 

11 hours ago, Iculus said:

Edit: I would also like suggestions for my next melee weapon. My current one is maxed. 

yes. leveling up mods increases they power, but also their cost so in some instances it might be better to have multiple copies of a mod at varying levels. but thats for is your really min maxing. I've never bothered with that. 

the boltace series of melee weapons are fun. though they did recentlyish get nerfed so they aren't quite the same. 

10 hours ago, Moa said:

I have blueprints for days but what about the mats.

Of the components required to make a forma only one is hard to find. That one is the neural sensors. There are two direct ways to farm these, one is to do dark sector runs on Jupiter, make sure to use the Nekros  war frame if you have one or a slash weapon either way. This will increase your chances of a double drop on resources. The other way is to run Alad V missions. Hope this helps!

11 hours ago, Iculus said:

What's your mastery rank? Knowing this will help me guide you to a good melee weapon. 

59 minutes ago, Mr.Vic20 said:

What's your mastery rank? Knowing this will help me guide you to a good melee weapon. 

I'm really close to 4. My primary and melee are both maxed, and Frost is 28 I think.

1 hour ago, Iculus said:

I'm really close to 4. My primary and melee are both maxed, and Frost is 28 I think.

Below mastery rank 7, pretty much anything will do. Personal favorites in that range include scindo prime, bo prime.

58 minutes ago, Mr.Vic20 said:

Below mastery rank 7, pretty much anything will do. Personal favorites in that range include scindo prime, bo prime.

How do I go about farming those?

Does anyone play this with a steam controller? After 30+ hours I am looking for a replacement for my Xbox controller.

4 hours ago, Iculus said:

How do I go about farming those?

You need relic keys first then you run rift missions. So first you should do excavation mission to farm the relics then use the relics on rift mission to acquire the parts. the warframe wiki will tell you which relics provide parts for the weapon or warframe you are farming. Also, you can trade for parts or sets through the trading tab or maroos bizarre in game. 

5 hours ago, Iculus said:

Does anyone play this with a steam controller? After 30+ hours I am looking for a replacement for my Xbox controller.

I used to, the game uses the steam API, but for some reason when the game is in steam controller "mode" the keyboard wont work so you cant type with it, which is odd, and the only game that I am aware of that does that.

2 hours ago, Mr.Vic20 said:

You need relic keys first then you run rift missions. So first you should do excavation mission to farm the relics then use the relics on rift mission to acquire the parts. the warframe wiki will tell you which relics provide parts for the weapon or warframe you are farming. Also, you can trade for parts or sets through the trading tab or maroos bizarre in game. 

your using old terms. They are just relics now. 

as for finding the relics, the best resource to find out what and where to go to farm things is war.farm

8 hours ago, Mr.Vic20 said:

Haha, yeah, I can't let the void keys go! :P

the new system is WAY better. Mechanically its both better and more interesting. and lore wise its a lot cooler too

4 hours ago, nobody said:

the new system is WAY better. Mechanically its both better and more interesting. and lore wise its a lot cooler too

Oh I agree 100%, its just force of habit adding key somewhere in the name. Vor will always remember! :P

20 minutes ago, Iculus said:

You can add Rush to the mission types that I'm terrible at.

is that one of the archwing missions? if so thats probably my least favorite one

1 hour ago, nobody said:

is that one of the archwing missions? if so thats probably my least favorite one

Yep. You have to get to the end as quickly as possible in order to destroy ships. I didn't even make it to the ships. 

Well my second monitor fried, so warframe is toast for now. It is definitely not a one monitor game. 

6 hours ago, Iculus said:

Yep. You have to get to the end as quickly as possible in order to destroy ships. I didn't even make it to the ships. 

yea. i always get lost in that mission. let alone get there in time