Mr.Vic20

Warframe gets radical overhaul with "Plains of Eidolon" expansion

2 hours ago, therockdltj said:

How is the new skill tree compared to the old one? I haven't noticed anybody even mention that part of the update.

this was done before it was released, but here is a general idea of things.

5 hours ago, Bitgod said:

Yeah, I'm really loving my ember now.  Just burnin fools all day.  it's crazy for defense and survival.

in general ember is best at trivializing low level content. when you just want a giant mobile area of death ember is awesome. and its fun to just try to run around and try to pick up energy faster then you are losing it so you can keep it up, but once your dealing with enemies that she isnt instant killing (mostly due to high armor) then her effectiveness quickly drops off. but she is actually a lot better on the plains that i figured. even doing the highest level bounty she is still wrecking everything. 

What's worse, that I'm watching a twitch streamer play PoE or that he's using a controller on pc?

6 hours ago, Bitgod said:

What's worse, that I'm watching a twitch streamer play PoE or that he's using a controller on pc?

there a player who got to top 500 in overwatch on pc using a controller. 

So now that PoE has been out a few days, here are my thoughts:

Pros: 

- The undeniable joy of seeing the WF universe turn a corner into a more cohesive, living solar system. This first tile set is just a taste of things to come, I look forward to seeing multiple zones of this size eventually. 

- More content! Its always nice to get a pile of new equipment to hunt down and use! This update got me half way through master rank 24, thanks DE! 

- Crafting, however limited, is a welcome change

- Mining & fishing are welcome distractions, though I do have questions like, where do I find different fish? I know about the maw and the eel fish, but now that I have a level 2 spear, where to fish? (edit: ah, the wiki has all the info!)

- Exploration! My quest for the 500 meter sliding hill continues

Cons:

- Currently buggy as hell! There is no doubt that this game was rushed to launch to beat Destiny 2, and it shows!

- Open world reveals limitations of enemy AI in a big way! (this is the same AI that made these enemies trash mobs for corridor shooting)

- Even more difficult to understand! Warframe has always been a game who's mechanics are better understood through its wiki than through in game queues and this next evolution only adds to the confusion. Its positively hilarious to the see random chat of new players who seem like an average Morty on the citadel of Ricks! :P

I haven't bothered with PoE yet, and I'm happy not to have just so DE can do all the adjustments on it they want and have it nicer for me when I get around to it.

I feel like PoE is not designed for newer players at all.  not even counting the content that is either too high for new people or is locked behind the 2nd dream/war within, the low level bounties, faction rep, zaws, and amps are all things that newer players arent really going to benefit too much from , and on top of that the crdit gains in the plains are laughable. so players are going to need to leave the plains just to gather more credits. 

So... how does this area work exactly?

I enter, I run around and do random stuff... pick up random drops... but if I get tired and want to leave, how do I do so without losing all my new drops?  If I open menu and exit from there, it tells me I'll lose all progress.  But this is not a "Mission" that has a start and an end... so how do I keep what I find?

And how the F do I view the full map?

And how the F do I fly?  I can do the flying missions... I have the wing things built...

12 hours ago, Z3M0G said:

So... how does this area work exactly?

I enter, I run around and do random stuff... pick up random drops... but if I get tired and want to leave, how do I do so without losing all my new drops?  If I open menu and exit from there, it tells me I'll lose all progress.  But this is not a "Mission" that has a start and an end... so how do I keep what I find?

And how the F do I view the full map?

And how the F do I fly?  I can do the flying missions... I have the wing things built...

you can just go back to town.

to fly you have to build a special item and build consumables for it. you can get it from the clan dojo. I forgot what its called though

On 11/18/2017 at 12:56 AM, nobody said:

you can just go back to town.

to fly you have to build a special item and build consumables for it. you can get it from the clan dojo. I forgot what its called though

Thanks, is there a way to view the full map so you can know where town is?  and it feels like it can take a LONG time to return... it doesn't feel very player friendly...

On 11/20/2017 at 8:22 AM, Z3M0G said:

Thanks, is there a way to view the full map so you can know where town is?  and it feels like it can take a LONG time to return... it doesn't feel very player friendly...

yea, but im not sure exactly what it is. try M if not check the key bindings

I try, but...fuck this game.

I make one bad decision to start with a bow instead of a gun because "space ninjas", and I seem to be stuck using this thing forever. I get a promotion code for a sniper rifle and a skin that does not work, and I try a mission where I have to capture towers from the enemy that manages to recapture 3 towers from me simultaneously without a single enemy in any if the locations, and what the fuck is with the 3 lives and back to menu b.s. I guess I forgot that Warframe is a classic platformer from the 90s that needs to slow progress due to only having 6 levels.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

It's not THAT bad you aren't stuck with a bow, you can get a few other starting weapons with just credits and those tower missions are better played with others. Select a public game. But I really can't stand the game anymore for other reasons. PoE came out for consoles and it has ruined the game for me. What was already a complicated game with zero explaination of why you're doing anything you do, the Plains is worse. It's just a bigger version of the smaller maps but incredbly empty except for those encounters where you are shot at from enemies you never see coming...or shooting plants/rocks for materials or...fishing (blech). The worst change is the focus system. It's a mess. It was fine how it was. But they changed it, reset all my progress to zero. At least they gave me back all my points to add back but after selecting one node I'm restricted by adding any more until I uncover some quills...whatever the hell that is. The game doesn't say anything. The game still has all the same bugs, glitches, poor boss battles but added even more grind and less rewards for it. I don't think the developers know what the hell they are even doing, if they ever did and totally rushed this out way before it was ready just to compete with other games. Warframe is just shit. 

Don't tell me Polygon likes it, cuz if they do, it just means the game sucks.

Pro tip: if you're using SW for your mouse that lets you assign things to mouse buttons, I made my life a lot easier by assigning the bullet jump key presses to a mouse button.

GRRRRR, hadn't played in weeks because of Destiny 2 and computer problems.  Fired it up momentarily tonight, got the damn 75% off plat code that I was trying to avoid until I was ready to use it AND I found out my damn space doggo died while I was gone.  WTF IS THIS, TAMAGOTCHI??  As with everything in this game, it wasn't really told to me that being away from the game would kill my pets and make me make a new one, which will be random since it wasn't really told to me how to best keep these and now I have a random chance of getting another stealth doggo or not.  Which it probably won't, which means I'll have to keep fucking that chicken till I can make one.  Fucking game man.

Space Mom says Happy New Year and check out my sideboob.

giphy.gif

I really need to get back into Warframe, but I'm much more interested in continuing the quest line and seeing the "Second Dream"... it sounds that is THE thing to experience in Warframe.

Anyone here do it?  If so, some simple questions... [NO SPOILERS PLZ]

- does it take a really really long time to get to it?  (I hear 100-150 hours)

- is it just a linear quest line to get there?  Or do you need to be a certain level?  If so, what level?

4 minutes ago, Z3M0G said:

I really need to get back into Warframe, but I'm much more interested in continuing the quest line and seeing the "Second Dream"... it sounds that is THE thing to experience in Warframe.

Anyone here do it?  If so, some simple questions... [NO SPOILERS PLZ]

- does it take a really really long time to get to it?  (I hear 100-150 hours)

- is it just a linear quest line to get there?  Or do you need to be a certain level?  If so, what level?

I've played the game all along from day one so my memory of specific events is vague looking back now (I'm old!). According to the Warframe wiki you will need:

Completed Natah
Neptune Junction
Mastery Rank 3

I still need to do it.  I'm so behind in doing the quests, it's silly.  I can't help it, I see alert missions on the board and that's what I do.  I spend more time just leveling up new gear.

Good video.  If you don't want to sit through an hour, he has his ratings in the video notes.

Really should get around to working on my Ostron rep again. Kinda ignored it when Plague Star was going on and then got sidetracked by other games. Was only recently playing with any purpose when the Acolytes returned since I still needed to get my mitts on a Maiming Strike. 

TFW you get a new frame, spend time making it all pretty, then go jump into an alert.  ...and then realize you forgot to put mods on.