• Announcements

    • SFLUFAN

      D1P 2017 Charity Campaign for The Life You Can Save: $1,615 (as of June 4, 2017)   12/12/2016

      I've decided to extend our charity campaign for The Life You Can Save organizations for the entirety of 2017 so feel free to contribute at any time!  Periodically through the year, I'll have game giveaways for those who have donated to the campaign as a "thank you" for supporting this worthy endeavor!
    • SFLUFAN

      D1Pcast Episode D1Pcast Episode 28 - E3 2017 Rabbids Everywhere (Ft. SeVeN CDN and GuyWhoPostThings)   06/01/2017

      E3 2017 has come and gone and now we are left with this empty feeling as we know we have to wait another 365 days for the next one. We [email protected] [email protected]@[email protected] I break down everything that was glorious (and not so glorious) at E3 2017. From EA's snoozefest to Microsoft's XOXO launch exclusivitiness to Devolver Digitals blood bath! So listen on in as we grade each conference and even have an extra special guest way in their thoughts on Ubisoft's conference in this months D1Pcast!      
Mr.Vic20

Warframe gets radical overhaul with "Plains of Eidolon" expansion

238 posts in this topic

At TennoCon (a tragic event even by gamers standards) DE announced yet another new expansion for the often updated Warframe. Updates are hardly something to jump up and down about, let alone take a second look if you've written this game of as not for you! That said, this is update will be quite different, as the developers have reworked the game engine to support massive open world "landscapes" that they will be introducing throughout the solar system map as time goes on. The first is titled "Plains of Eidolon" and represents the first steps in transforming Waframe from a sci-fi dungeon runner to a true open world(s) mutant space ninja thingy along the lines of destiny or anthem.  Below you will find a lengthy video that serves to demonstrate this new open world architecture for the game as well as showing off many of the new sub system enhancements to the game. Those include, hunting wild life for mats, custom crafting of weapons (also a first for Warframe!), and an expansion to narrative of this game's universe by introducing many none combat story elements referenced but never fleshed out in the game to date. You will be able to navigatee the environment on foot or by air (Archwing), switchable right from you inventory menu in real time. Once loaded these landscapes will steam the entire area without load screens. Lastly, there is a Monster Hunter style mode that will have a party of 4 hunting and battling multi story colossi! These super beasts only come out at night, so a new real time day/night cycle has been introduced. This is not the complete list of expansions elements or improvements, but it covers what was explained during the conference. Enjoy!

 

 

 

@Lucian04

@DexxFM

@Boyle5150

@kittykat

 

If any of you decide to take a second look at WF, please note that we do have a Ghost clan Dojo for DayOnePatch (called DayOnePatch). This Dojo has 100% research for all items presently available to dojo's in the game, so feel free to request a join up and raid the dojo for all of its BPs! :sun:

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Mr.Vic20 said:

At TennoCon (a tragic event even by gamers standards) DE announced yet another new expansion for the often updated Warframe. Updates are hardly something to jump up and down about, let alone take a second look if you've written this game of as not for you! That said, this is update will be quite different, as the developers have reworked the game engine to support massive open world "landscapes" that they will be introducing throughout the solar system map as time goes on. The first is titled "Plains of Eidolon" and represents the first steps in transforming Waframe from a sci-fi dungeon runner to a true open world(s) mutant space ninja thingy along the lines of destiny or anthem.  Below you will find a lengthy video that serves to demonstrate this new open world architecture for the game as well as showing off many of the new sub system enhancements to the game. Those include, hunting wild life for mats, custom crafting of weapons (also a first for Warframe!), and an expansion to narrative of this game's universe by introducing many none combat story elements referenced but never fleshed out in the game to date. You will be able to navigatee the environment on foot or by air (Archwing), switchable right from you inventory menu in real time. Once loaded these landscapes will steam the entire area without load screens. Lastly, there is a Monster Hunter style mode that will have a party of 4 hunting and battling multi story colossi! These super beasts only come out at night, so a new real time day/night cycle has been introduced. This is not the complete list of expansions elements or improvements, but it covers what was explained during the conference. Enjoy!

 

 

 

@Lucian04

@DexxFM

@Boyle5150

@kittykat

 

If any of you decide to take a second look at WF, please note that we do have a Ghost clan Dojo for DayOnePatch (called DayOnePatch). This Dojo has 100% research for all items presently available to dojo's in the game, so feel free to request a join up and raid the dojo for all of its BPs! :sun:

 

 

I gave this game a try years ago when I first got my PS4 and thought it had potential but was turned off by the freemium pay model. I watched this video yesterday and immediately redownloaded the game yesterday. Rather than jump into Destiny 2 right away this fall, I think I'm gonna invest in this as my co-op looter shooter. @ARZ @JPSoccer4 @TomCat  this is the same video I shared yesterday.

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To temper expectations, I should point out that this is not released yet and Warframe in its current state is still basically a dungeon runner! That said, this build looks pretty far along and I could see this dropping by early fall. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Success! You've got more replies than a dota thread.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, TheLeon said:

I've seen what this game has done to you, Vic. I can't follow you down this particular hole.

I can quite any time I want to! :cry: :sun:

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Mr.Vic20 said:

At TennoCon (a tragic event even by gamers standards) DE announced yet another new expansion for the often updated Warframe. Updates are hardly something to jump up and down about, let alone take a second look if you've written this game of as not for you! That said, this is update will be quite different, as the developers have reworked the game engine to support massive open world "landscapes" that they will be introducing throughout the solar system map as time goes on. The first is titled "Plains of Eidolon" and represents the first steps in transforming Waframe from a sci-fi dungeon runner to a true open world(s) mutant space ninja thingy along the lines of destiny or anthem.  Below you will find a lengthy video that serves to demonstrate this new open world architecture for the game as well as showing off many of the new sub system enhancements to the game. Those include, hunting wild life for mats, custom crafting of weapons (also a first for Warframe!), and an expansion to narrative of this game's universe by introducing many none combat story elements referenced but never fleshed out in the game to date. You will be able to navigatee the environment on foot or by air (Archwing), switchable right from you inventory menu in real time. Once loaded these landscapes will steam the entire area without load screens. Lastly, there is a Monster Hunter style mode that will have a party of 4 hunting and battling multi story colossi! These super beasts only come out at night, so a new real time day/night cycle has been introduced. This is not the complete list of expansions elements or improvements, but it covers what was explained during the conference. Enjoy!

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

If any of you decide to take a second look at WF, please note that we do have a Ghost clan Dojo for DayOnePatch (called DayOnePatch). This Dojo has 100% research for all items presently available to dojo's in the game, so feel free to request a join up and raid the dojo for all of its BPs! :sun:

 

I wasn't aware that anyone else actually used the dojo. I almost disbanded it about 6 months ago, and joined a more active one

2 hours ago, skillzdadirecta said:

 

I gave this game a try years ago when I first got my PS4 and thought it had potential but was turned off by the freemium pay model. I watched this video yesterday and immediately redownloaded the game yesterday. Rather than jump into Destiny 2 right away this fall, I think I'm gonna invest in this as my co-op looter shooter. @ARZ @JPSoccer4 @TomCat  this is the same video I shared yesterday.

 

i've played warframe off and on since well before it was on steam, and i've never felt like I needed to pay for anything. I have spent money from time to time, but not out of necessity. thats one thing i love about warframe, I dont ever need to buy anything. it has one of the best f2p models. also awhile ago they revamped the store menu UI, because apparently a lot of people thought a lot of things could only be acquired through real world money and didn't realize they could be purchases with in game funds as well. 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@nobody

 

The D1P dojo (maybe there are two?!) was something I started when dojo first became a thing. I'm not sure we are talking about the same dojo, maybe? 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Mr.Vic20 said:

@nobody

 

The D1P dojo (maybe there are two?!) was something I started when dojo first became a thing. I'm not sure we are talking about the same dojo, maybe? 

nope. ive got the "Day One Patch" clan. /facepalm

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you for thinking of me but I can't join you guys cause I play on Xbox. 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Might have to revisit this game.

 

I got into the closed alpha for keystone (DE's new game) and ehhhh...

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is exactly what I wanted out of this game from the get-go. They eventually added larger mission areas, but nothing big and open, something to let both the parkour-style action and the gunplay shine. It was hallways and the occasional larger arenas.

 

This looks awesome. It doesn't look like half-baked, janky bullshit tacked-on to try to force the game to be a genre it never was like some games do. It looks like they wanted to do this legit.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just finished watching the whole video... sexy as hell!!

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is there any good primer for new/returning players. I played this game a while when it was very new, and once several years later, and I am just completely overwhelmed by the progression and have no idea what to do. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Moa said:

Is there any good primer for new/returning players. I played this game a while when it was very new, and once several years later, and I am just completely overwhelmed by the progression and have no idea what to do. 

Eh? You pick a mission and go do it. If you need something specific to unlock more missions, it tells you what you gotta do. You can choose from a lot of missions, but I don't remember it ever being confusing. Unless they really screwed something up since last I played. Level up, get better gear, do cool flips and shit.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I always felt that somehow I was playing the game wrong. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Moa said:

I always felt that somehow I was playing the game wrong. 

I'll be on this weekend if you'd like a guided tour of the game! 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Mr.Vic20 I started playing on PC two days ago.we will have to catch up once I level some gear. Also I'd love an invite to a clan/dojo!  I had  just about every frame and weapon on PS4 but I enjoy the grind

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, BasemntDweller2 said:

@Mr.Vic20 I started playing on PC two days ago.we will have to catch up once I level some gear. Also I'd love an invite to a clan/dojo!  I had  just about every frame and weapon on PS4 but I enjoy the grind

Awesome Mr! I'd be happy to assist! What's your in game name?

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Mr.Vic20 said:

Awesome Mr! I'd be happy to assist! What's your in game name?

 

 

 

I have to double check it when I get home. 

 

 

Not sure how I feel about the new mod card system. No more stacking cards on top of each other? 

 

Other than that the game is way more fluid on PC.  I'm playing with a controller but not loving their in game button layout. 

 

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, BasemntDweller2 said:

 

 

I have to double check it when I get home. 

 

 

Not sure how I feel about the new mod card system. No more stacking cards on top of each other? 

 

Other than that the game is way more fluid on PC.  I'm playing with a controller but not loving their in game button layout. 

 

 

Yeah, they basically liquidated the system down to a single currency for upgrading mods called enndo. It works well enough, though i suppose its more utilitarian then interesting. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, BasemntDweller2 said:

 

 

BasemntDweller2

This, this is shocking! :P

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2017-07-10 at 3:14 PM, Xbob42 said:

Eh? You pick a mission and go do it. If you need something specific to unlock more missions, it tells you what you gotta do. You can choose from a lot of missions, but I don't remember it ever being confusing. Unless they really screwed something up since last I played. Level up, get better gear, do cool flips and shit.

 

Yeah I'm fairly new at this game and I actually made mental note that it's very simple to learn and easy to understand. And also fun. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I decided to put some money into the game and try again. I bought Octavia because she seemed versatile and novel. I decided I wanted to do a v a p o r w a v e thing with her and put macintosh plus on her mandachord. Unfortunately, she is already blue and pink and the default options are about as vaporwave as she is going to look, so people won't understand that I'm trying to express my poor taste rather than am just too lazy to change the colors. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

for anyone looking for a clan, please add your in game name here and I'll shoot you an invite today or tomorrow. Also, as much as I can, I'll provide gear and support to get you caught up!

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Similar Content

    • By Z3M0G
      Ok, I downloaded the update and sampled it a bit, and liked the changes to the melee combat... but this video really shows it off and makes it look like an entirely different game.



      Edit: The abilities of the new Warframe are really amazing too...
    • By Darkenneko
      Warframe Update 11 Highlights


      Damage 2.0 Explanation

      Physical Damage:
      Impact
      Puncture
      Slash

      Every weapon in the game is made up of a combination of these three damage types. The overall damage of any given weapon is the sum of Impact, Puncture, and Slash damage. Weapons will exhibit a variety of combinations on the Impact, Puncture, and Slash damage spectrum. Mods will affect damage types as decided by the player by their loadout.

      In short, Weapon Damage = (Impact + Puncture + Slash)

      Real-life Firearm Metaphor: Impact=Slug; Puncture=Armor Piercing; Slash=Hollow-point. When assigning physical damage aspects to weapons we avoid making them 'pure' (100% in one direction). This ensures you can damage all enemies in the game.

      Elemental Damage:
      In addition to the 3 base damage types, Elemental Damage can be applied on top of a weapon’s base damage depending on what Elemental Mods are applied. For some rare weapons, elemental damage is all they have.
      There are four primary Elemental Damage types:

      Heat
      Cold
      Electric
      Toxin

      Elemental Damage can be applied alone but if you combine primary elements they create new combined elemental damage types! This opens up new possibilities, reduces 'rainbow build' problems and reduces some of the confusing effects like 'frozen guy is on fire'.

      Combined Elemental Types:
      To create these combined elements requires mixing two primary elements together:
      Blast (Fire + Cold)
      Gas (Fire + Toxin)
      Radiation (Fire + Electricity)
      Magnetic (Cold + Electricity)
      Viral (Cold + Toxin)
      Corrosive (Electricity + Toxin)

      Elemental Damage is applied in addition to a weapon’s physical damage types.
      Weapon Damage = (Impact + Puncture + Slash) + (Elemental).

      Elemental Damage Hierarchy & Combining Elementals
      Elemental damage combinations are made by following a strict order.

      Fire, Cold, Electric, Toxin.

      As an example: If you want Fire damage + Magnetic damage (Cold + Electricity), you will need to split it between weapons because when a Fire Mod enters the mod loadout any other elementals will combine with it as it is first in the hierarchy.

      Status Effects ('Procs')
      All damage types have a chance to inflict a status on the target – including you!
      Impact: Knockback
      Puncture: Weakened (reduced damage output)
      Slash: Bleed (health reduced over time, healing blocked)

      Fire: Ignited (fire damage over time)
      Cold: Slowed
      Electric: Chain Electricity Damage
      Toxin: Poison Damage over time to health.

      Blast: Stun
      Gas: Poison in area
      Radiation: Confusion (difficulties targeting)
      Magnetic: Shield reduction
      Viral: Sickened
      Corrosive: Armor Damage
    • By Lucian04
      Warframe has become more popular than anticipated. Over 3 million registered players as of yesterday!




  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Who's Online   55 Members, 5 Anonymous, 28 Guests (See full list)