My 15 year old wrote a girl a poem and told her he loved her. AMA

This is a girl he has been friends with since they were in diapers. Unfortunately for the young buck, the feelings weren't mutual. I did tell him you probably don't want to skip over the step where you let a girl know you like her and run head first into an I LOVE YOU poem :p

So I'm going to go take him for his first rated R movie at a theater now that he has felt the sting of feelings not reciprocated. He is now a man.

40 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

This is a girl he has been friends with since they were in diapers. Unfortunately for the young buck, the feelings weren't mutual. I did tell him you probably don't want to skip over the step where you let a girl know you like her and run head first into an I LOVE YOU poem :p

So I'm going to go take him for his first rated R movie at a theater now that he has felt the sting of feelings not reciprocated. He is now a man.

You need for me to have the incel talk with him bruh? Lemme know, I got you.  

• Haha 5

2 hours ago, thewhyteboar said:

I hope you broke down the poem with him: rhyme scheme, word choice, metaphors.

I asked him to show it to me, and he was like “Uhhhh, do you want me to ask her to send a pic of it?” 😂

But he is a very strong writer, so I’m sure it was well constructed. All those years of classical education and all.

I can still feel the deep cringe in my own youthful attempts at poetry, my condolences to your boy! People say its stings, but remember it burning and at times regurgitating...

Here is a sample snippet of my "brilliance" as I recall it:

"My face is a icy glaze but my heart is a rage; a testament to the fear of the lash from the world's eye." <---this is me, trying to tell a girl I like her! :silly: 

Tip one to my former self: If you're trying to tell a girl you like her then maybe don't spend the poem's length talking about how hard shit is for you! Stay on target son! :lol:

• True 1

1 hour ago, Mr.Vic20 said:

I can still feel the deep cringe in my own youthful attempts at poetry, my condolences to your boy! People say its stings, but remember it burning and at times regurgitating...

Here is a sample snippet of my "brilliance" as I recall it:

"My face is a icy glaze but my heart is a rage; a testament to the fear of the lash from the world's eye." <---this is me, trying to tell a girl I like her! :silly: 

Tip one to my former self: If you're trying to tell a girl you like her then maybe don't spend the poem's length talking about how hard shit is for you! Stay on target son! :lol:

I had an English teacher who made us write love poems for Valentine's Day, and then made us read them in front of the class. That must have been at least 20 years ago but I still sometimes break out in a cold sweat when I remember it.

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, sblfilms said:

I asked him to show it to me, and he was like “Uhhhh, do you want me to ask her to send a pic of it?” 😂

But he is a very strong writer, so I’m sure it was well constructed. All those years of classical education and all.

come on man 100% ask him to ask her to send a pic and then post the poem on here and we can just thrash it

We had a good talk about it after we left the movie, and fortunately he was level headed about it. He was basically just like “She’s one of my best friends and I’ve had a crush on her a long time and it had gotten distracting to not know how she felt, so I just wanted to rip the bandaid off and I feel way better now”.

I can appreciate that. I do think it is harder to not know than to know the answer isn’t what you want, especially when you’re a little box of hormones. but this is true even outside of the things of romance, so good experience learning rejection in low stakes scenarios.

I really love the person he is turning into as he inches closer to adulthood.

4 minutes ago, Rachel said:

I wonder how different my life would be if my father treated me this way and held me in this kind of regard. I could NEVER talk to him about my feelings and personal life, let alone have him ever say he loves the person I’m turning into. Wow. Your kids are liked by their father and he’s rich too? They’ve hit the jackpot. 

I'll be your Daddy

14 hours ago, sblfilms said:

Wen Goth and/or Emo phase?