• Announcements

• SFLUFAN

D1P 2017 Charity Campaign for The Life You Can Save: $1,615 (as of June 4, 2017)   12/12/2016

I've decided to extend our charity campaign for The Life You Can Save organizations for the entirety of 2017 so feel free to contribute at any time!  Periodically through the year, I'll have game giveaways for those who have donated to the campaign as a "thank you" for supporting this worthy endeavor!
    • SFLUFAN

D1Pcast Episode D1Pcast Episode 28 - E3 2017 Rabbids Everywhere (Ft. SeVeN CDN and GuyWhoPostThings)   06/01/2017

E3 2017 has come and gone and now we are left with this empty feeling as we know we have to wait another 365 days for the next one. We [email protected] [email protected]@[email protected] I break down everything that was glorious (and not so glorious) at E3 2017. From EA's snoozefest to Microsoft's XOXO launch exclusivitiness to Devolver Digitals blood bath! So listen on in as we grade each conference and even have an extra special guest way in their thoughts on Ubisoft's conference in this months D1Pcast!      
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ManUtdRedDevils

Nintendo Switch Online Begins July 21st

42 posts in this topic

Just now, GameDadGrant said:

I use Discord for all my online gaming (both Nintendo and non-Nintendo systems)...for free. 

Having to pay $20 a year for the same service (plus some old games getting online support)....this better be worth it. 

Worth it? Its $20. I spend that on coffee every week. What else do you expect for $20? besides console voice chat, anyway.

4 minutes ago, misfit410 said:

I didn't think it was that far back before launch, and the second is just a convoluted Hori contraption..

That method won't fly with gamers, they are going to have to reconsider once it's never used.

Nintendo, reconsider. HAHAHAHA. Thats funny. 

Ya, I don't know why you are surprised about this, it was talked about on EVERY gaming site and forum, long before launch. The switch doesn't have the capability to do voice chat from what I have seen. 

22 minutes ago, apoc81 said:

Nintendo, reconsider. HAHAHAHA. Thats funny. 

Ya, I don't know why you are surprised about this, it was talked about on EVERY gaming site and forum, long before launch. The switch doesn't have the capability to do voice chat from what I have seen. 

I mean I knew it does not have the right bluetooth hardware, we know it won't work across the living room so having an "option" of it makes sense, but if you're playing handheld it has a full heatset port that "Should" do the trick.

Also the dock has USB ports so it's not like they can't release a dongled headset in the future.

I'm only surprised because they seemed on the right track for once, they have to be aware of the lashback even if I wasn't.

2 hours ago, misfit410 said:

I mean I knew it does not have the right bluetooth hardware, we know it won't work across the living room so having an "option" of it makes sense, but if you're playing handheld it has a full heatset port that "Should" do the trick.

Also the dock has USB ports so it's not like they can't release a dongled headset in the future.

I'm only surprised because they seemed on the right track for once, they have to be aware of the lashback even if I wasn't.

Yes, but do you really want to have to sit close enough to the doc to use a headset? The system has no bluetooth, and they have no intention of going that way. 

It's not ideal, but Nintendo has stated that this is their online solution. Like it or hate it, we'll never get voice chat built in to the switch. They have been very clear on that. 

I get that if you weren't paying attention, you wouldn't know, but it was announced 6-8 months ago that this is what we were waiting for. 

2 hours ago, apoc81 said:

Yes, but do you really want to have to sit close enough to the doc to use a headset? The system has no bluetooth, and they have no intention of going that way. 

It's not ideal, but Nintendo has stated that this is their online solution. Like it or hate it, we'll never get voice chat built in to the switch. They have been very clear on that. 

I get that if you weren't paying attention, you wouldn't know, but it was announced 6-8 months ago that this is what we were waiting for. 

I mean the bluetooth hardware for audio I believe is what they lack, supporting a $5 dongle is not out of the question... it is how they have handled Ethernet for some time now.

8 hours ago, apoc81 said:

Worth it? Its $20. I spend that on coffee every week. What else do you expect for $20? besides console voice chat, anyway.

Yeah, voice chat. Friends List. Text messages. Game invites, etc. Discord provides me all of that already. For free. 

To your point, I get it. $20 per year *is* pretty damn cheap. But at the end of the day, I'll still be paying for something I already have access to. Just...doesn't sit perfectly well with me. 

That's why I hope the online-enable "Virtual Console" games will be worthwhile. 

18 hours ago, GameDadGrant said:

Yeah, voice chat. Friends List. Text messages. Game invites, etc. Discord provides me all of that already. For free. 

To your point, I get it. $20 per year *is* pretty damn cheap. But at the end of the day, I'll still be paying for something I already have access to. Just...doesn't sit perfectly well with me. 

That's why I hope the online-enable "Virtual Console" games will be worthwhile. 

You can't invite friends to your switch game with discord as far as I know. 

4 hours ago, apoc81 said:

You can't invite friends to your switch game with discord as far as I know. 

It's more like a specific message board that pings my phone whenever someone wants to play a game (or schedule to play one). It's not perfect, but it's FREE.

Meh, whatever. I'll be paying the $20 regardless. Who am I kidding. It may not sit well with me, but it's not gonna stop me either. I'm gonna shut up about it now. :P 

On 7/18/2017 at 8:17 PM, Mike said:

$20 is really nothing...compared to the other 2

My iphone isn't even letting me download. Says my CC is invalid (why the fuck do I need a CC to dl a free app?), even though I used it twice after trying on the app store. It just says "Card not valid", and it makes no fucking sense. 

Fucking iPhones, I knew I shouldn't have bought an apple.. The praise of the 7 suckered me into trying another iphone, and I'm definitely going back to android. 

46 minutes ago, apoc81 said:

My iphone isn't even letting me download. Says my CC is invalid (why the fuck do I need a CC to dl a free app?), even though I used it twice after trying on the app store. It just says "Card not valid", and it makes no fucking sense. 

Fucking iPhones, I knew I shouldn't have bought an apple.. The praise of the 7 suckered me into trying another iphone, and I'm definitely going back to android. 

I used to be apple bro, but ever since going to android (galaxy) I feel like I have a grown ups phone, and apple seems fisher price like.

On 7/18/2017 at 8:17 PM, Mike said:

$20 is really nothing...compared to the other 2

It's nothing compared to the money I spend on coffee weekly. A third of what I spend on a dozen golf balls. Nothing compared to the money I spend on gas just driving out of boredom (and the 458 isn't exactly an economy car). If I get a year of voice chat and a proper friends list, with a game every month, its well worth the money, that's for sure.