• Announcements

• SFLUFAN

D1P 2017 Charity Campaign for The Life You Can Save: $1,615 (as of June 4, 2017)   12/12/2016

I've decided to extend our charity campaign for The Life You Can Save organizations for the entirety of 2017 so feel free to contribute at any time!  Periodically through the year, I'll have game giveaways for those who have donated to the campaign as a "thank you" for supporting this worthy endeavor!
    • SFLUFAN

D1Pcast Episode D1Pcast Episode 28 - E3 2017 Rabbids Everywhere (Ft. SeVeN CDN and GuyWhoPostThings)   06/01/2017

E3 2017 has come and gone and now we are left with this empty feeling as we know we have to wait another 365 days for the next one. We [email protected] [email protected]@[email protected] I break down everything that was glorious (and not so glorious) at E3 2017. From EA's snoozefest to Microsoft's XOXO launch exclusivitiness to Devolver Digitals blood bath! So listen on in as we grade each conference and even have an extra special guest way in their thoughts on Ubisoft's conference in this months D1Pcast!      
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
atom631

Whats your prediction on when the 1X pre-order will go up and any bundles/trade in offers

29 posts in this topic

Whats everyone think? Nov 7th is only 4 months away and nary a word yet. 

I was able to take advantage of that Gamestop trade-in offer where they were giving an additional 60% and walked away with $486 in store credit.. Now Im anxious to get my pre-order in. Plus I still have my OG 1TB X1 I can trade in if there is a good trade in program. Would be nice to grab Forza and AC:Origins and maybe Battlefront II to play on it. 

Pre-orders activate early to mid September.  Best Buy/Gamestop will offer their standard promotional trade-in values for an XB1/PS4.

28 minutes ago, SFLUFAN said:

Pre-orders activate early to mid September.  Best Buy/Gamestop will offer their standard promotional trade-in values for an XB1/PS4.

You think they will only give a 2 month window? 

I cant remember the last time I preordered a system...but I feel like it's almost been 6+ months 

3 minutes ago, atom631 said:

You think they will only give a 2 month window? 

I cant remember the last time I preordered a system...but I feel like it's almost been 6+ months 

I really don't think MS expects there to be such high demand for the system to begin with.

2 minutes ago, SFLUFAN said:

I really don't think MS expects there to be such high demand for the system to begin with.

Yeah maybe not. I want a UHD BR player so this is my answer. So I'm excited to get one. 

I think it will sell well its first holiday season as there are plenty of MS faithful that will want it day one or at least by Christmas. Its prospects following this holiday are a little more cloudy unless MS can offer up enough quality exclusive software to validate its existence. Mission not accomplished so far! 

I think Anthem will be a huge system mover for the 1X if it's the "definitive console experience" 

1 minute ago, atom631 said:

I think Anthem will be a huge system mover for the 1X if the "definitive console experience" 

By the time Anthem launches, there could be a PS4 Super-Pro.

55 minutes ago, Mr.Vic20 said:

I think it will sell well its first holiday season as there are plenty of MS faithful that will want it day one or at least by Christmas. Its prospects following this holiday are a little more cloudy unless MS can offer up enough quality exclusive software to validate its existence. Mission not accomplished so far! 

But then they'll do a price drop and phase out the One S. Which is what I think their secret plan is anyway.

1 hour ago, atom631 said:

Yeah maybe not. I want a UHD BR player so this is my answer. So I'm excited to get one. 

me too, a long with the other benefits the system will Allow, so I am looking to preorder as soon as they get FCC clearance.

36 minutes ago, XxEvil AshxX said:

But then they'll do a price drop and phase out the One S. Which is what I think their secret plan is anyway.

I like it, but I wonder if they will. I can certainly see $100.00 off the system by the following Christmas though. 

46 minutes ago, XxEvil AshxX said:

I doubt that.  They will phase out the X1S when Sony phases out the PS4 Slim. Phil has stated they are going for 2 options like Sony, I don't see that changing.

Late August/September. I have $250 store credit at my local gamestop just waiting to pull the trigger to pre-order!

As soon as GS puts them up I'll get a preorder in.

4 hours ago, best3444 said:

Late August/September. I have $250 store credit at my local gamestop just waiting to pull the trigger to pre-order!

I got like $1300 trade credit at Gamestop over trade-egeddon this weekend so it'll be an easy and free purchase for me lol. 

23 minutes ago, Comet said:

As soon as GS puts them up I'll get a preorder in.

I got like $1300 trade credit at Gamestop over trade-egeddon this weekend so it'll be an easy and free purchase for me lol. 

Wow. Nice!

3 hours ago, Comet said:

NhAs soon as GS puts them up I'll get a preorder in.

I was hoping to get around $700 but they nerfed the prices before I could get there. :(

1 hour ago, atom631 said:

I was hoping to get around $700 but they nerfed the prices before I could get there. :(

I keep up with this stuff over at CAG so I now know exactly when they do stealth bumps each month. The last Friday of each month to around the first Monday of the next month is when they have bumps for a few days. For now, if you're interested in flipping you need to sit still until the end of the month

can't wait either, have a ps4 pro / Destiny 1TB white pre-Ordered and now I just need to lock one of these down. BUT!! If I miss the first window, I'll be fine with a wait, especially if I can get a white one!

I'm a gadget whore, hoarder.  I'll keep my OG XB1 and get the X, lol.

I think this FCC thing is a smoke screen for something else. It is possible that some idiot at MS forgot to submit paper work to the FCC, but I cannot understand it taking this long still.

Is the Ten-bo-ten One Ten the first console where we've seen hardware shown off, and were unable to pre-order within 6 months of release?

7 hours ago, Dre801 said:

I'm a gadget whore, hoarder.  I'll keep my OG XB1 and get the X, lol.

Yeah, me too, will use my X1S in my living room and use the X in my gameroom.

19 hours ago, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

I think this FCC thing is a smoke screen for something else. It is possible that some idiot at MS forgot to submit paper work to the FCC, but I cannot understand it taking this long still.

Is the Ten-bo-ten One Ten the first console where we've seen hardware shown off, and were unable to pre-order within 6 months of release?

I wonder if something changed with the way things get approved.  I mean we can't preorder the snes emulator thing yet either. 

Larry Hryb mentioned something about them "putting some things together" for the launch of the pre-orders. I dunno if that's PR speak or if they really are still prepping something.

Also, they're going to be at Gamescom this year, which I believe they skipped last year. That's in August, so that's when I predict the pre-orders will go live.

Look back at the Elite Controller and how quickly THAT sold. I feel as though if they don't get ahead of this and have enough ready at launch ... you know, nope they won't be in trouble now that I think about it as it will create even more of a demand once sites report on console shortages & high demand by consumers, that's actually genius!

I have my clicking finger on the trigger to put in my pre order. As weird as it sounds I have been patiently waiting to play the Witcher dlc because it's gonna get the 4k treatment :D Man I can't wait to dive back into that world on my 4k TV.