• Announcements

• SFLUFAN

D1P 2017 Charity Campaign for The Life You Can Save: $1,615 (as of June 4, 2017)   12/12/2016

I've decided to extend our charity campaign for The Life You Can Save organizations for the entirety of 2017 so feel free to contribute at any time!  Periodically through the year, I'll have game giveaways for those who have donated to the campaign as a "thank you" for supporting this worthy endeavor!
    • SFLUFAN

D1Pcast Episode D1Pcast Episode 28 - E3 2017 Rabbids Everywhere (Ft. SeVeN CDN and GuyWhoPostThings)   06/01/2017

E3 2017 has come and gone and now we are left with this empty feeling as we know we have to wait another 365 days for the next one. We [email protected] [email protected]@[email protected] I break down everything that was glorious (and not so glorious) at E3 2017. From EA's snoozefest to Microsoft's XOXO launch exclusivitiness to Devolver Digitals blood bath! So listen on in as we grade each conference and even have an extra special guest way in their thoughts on Ubisoft's conference in this months D1Pcast!      
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
EternallDarkness

Reminder: The Mist starts Thursday night.

24 posts in this topic

I've heard rumblings it's good. It's gonna take a lot to top the Frank Darabont movie with Tom Jane. I'll wait until the whole first season is out (as I usually do) and see what people thought about it before diving in. 

I just watched the first episode. Very strong start... The Mist is one of my favorite movies and I'm glad to see the show is being done justice.

EDIT: Also I'm guessing that

Spoiler

The Jock guy didn't rape the girl, but her Gender fluid friend did.

On ‎7‎/‎2‎/‎2017 at 4:32 PM, skillzdadirecta said:

EDIT: Also I'm guessing that

Hide contents

The Jock guy didn't rape the girl, but her Gender fluid friend did.

won't be surprised if that is the case

10 hours ago, skillzdadirecta said:

This show is what The Walking Dead WISHES it was... three episodes in and it is awesome. I hope it catches on.

You and I tend to have the same opinion, so now I am excited to check it out.

Just now, Wild said:

You and I tend to have the same opinion, so now I am excited to check it out.

I'm really impressed by this shows. A friend that I told about it watched it and agreed that it feels more like a show that would be on STARZ, HBO or Showtime or one of the better basic cable networks like FX or AMC than freaking SPIKE :P

2 hours ago, skillzdadirecta said:

I'm really impressed by this shows. A friend that I told about it watched it and agreed that it feels more like a show that would be on STARZ, HBO or Showtime or one of the better basic cable networks like FX or AMC than freaking SPIKE :P

Haha, yea, SPIKE does not inspire confidence. Seems like every channel needs their prestige show to stay relevant at the moment though. With the multi-channel approach Amazon is going after with Prime they will need something to hang their hats on or never gain an audience.

17 hours ago, skillzdadirecta said:

This show is what The Walking Dead WISHES it was... three episodes in and it is awesome. I hope it catches on.

I'm not as high on this as you seem to be, but I am enjoying it enough to finish the season. The junkie girl is awful, and the acting is pretty uneven in general.

I think I agree with your spoilered text from earlier in the thread, but at this point it almost seems too obvious. 

How scary is the show? My gf loves Stephen King but also gets terrified very easily from movies or shows.

42 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

How scary is the show? My gf loves Stephen King but also gets terrified very easily from movies or shows.

really not scary at all to me but i watch a lot of horror. if she gets scared easily she will probably get kinda scared from a few scenes. It's mostly been about interaction amongst the people and getting away from the mist. like i really can't think of one scene that even got me a little scared. 

my friend also loves Stephen King but she refuses to watch anything scary, even if it's from Stephen King lol. 

4 hours ago, CitizenVectron said:

I thought episode two had some really good tension that someone who doesn't like to be scared might not like. But beyond that it hasn't been too scary imo. 

10 hours ago, johnny said:

really not scary at all to me but i watch a lot of horror. if she gets scared easily she will probably get kinda scared from a few scenes. It's mostly been about interaction amongst the people and getting away from the mist. like i really can't think of one scene that even got me a little scared. 

my friend also loves Stephen King but she refuses to watch anything scary, even if it's from Stephen King lol. 

7 hours ago, Mercury33 said:

I thought episode two had some really good tension that someone who doesn't like to be scared might not like. But beyond that it hasn't been too scary imo. 

Are there actual monsters in it, like the movie/book? From what I've read so far (spoiler-free, mind you), it sounds like more of a mist that makes people crazy/violent.

58 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

Are there actual monsters in it, like the movie/book? From what I've read so far (spoiler-free, mind you), it sounds like more of a mist that makes people crazy/violent.

Spoiler

It's mainly been insect infestations. One dude turns into a moth, and another is zombified by roach looking things.

It's mostly just suspenseful. 

14 hours ago, CitizenVectron said:

What I'm putting in spoiler tags isn't really much of a spoiler, just whats been on the show so far.  Nothing crazy.

Spoiler

There's def stuff that's killing people, they're not just going crazy and killing themselves.  Although there have been a couple instances of mental stuff too.  Like the mist seems to know peoples fears.  So far theres been a couple insect killings and a smoke monster type thing.  So yes I'd say there's monsters.  But nothing like what was in the movie so far.

16 hours ago, CitizenVectron said:

There's definitely something killing people besides in The Mist. We're just not sure what that thing is just yet.