Do you check your mail every day?

Fizzzzle

Not your e-mail, like your snail mail.

I just kind of got into it with my old employer because the last check they sent me bounced and I didn't tell them until I saw the notice in the mail (honestly I didn't notice before that, I have one bank account specifically for rent/bills that I deposited the check into, and it's not like I'm checking that bank account every day, since I don't use it every day), and he was basically trying to turn the fact that his check bounced into my fault for not telling him sooner. Or something, I don't really know.

Anyway, I can't be the only one who doesn't check their mail every day, right? Unless I'm expecting something, I'll check it like... whenever I think about it? So probably like 2-3 times a week?

My mailbox literally is right outside my door. There isn't an excuse not to check it every day other than I just don't think about it unless I'm expecting something.

But like... If something is an emergency, they'll contact me through any of the other dozen, more efficient ways to contact someone in 2022. 

As it is now, I just kind of wait until I leave for work, walk past my mailbox and my brain goes "Huh, let's see what in there" and then go about my day. And that happens about 2-3 times per week.

Sometimes I'll even use it after I park my car in my building's garage before getting out to check which way I should go upstairs, one way passes the mailbox and the other doesn't...even though it's about the same amount of walking either way. :lol:

I generally grab it everyday, but I have business mail that comes to my house that actually matters. Since I’ve had USPS informed delivery for years, I do sometimes not bother getting in on a random day here or there if it’s all junk mail