Let's Get Physical (Media) - A Thread for Avid Physical Media Collectors

Really enjoy these pieces that JoBlo does. In terms of this one in particular, used to rent it ALL the time on VHS back in the day, or I'd be lucky enough that it would be playing on HBO or Showtime even. Yet another unicorn to look forward to one day IF/when it's ever released.

Over this long weekend I spent several hours cataloging and finally sorting all of my physical movies. I made an Excel sheet which has the title, media type ( 4K Blu-ray, 2K Blu-ray, DVD), where I bought it (because I bought a lot of my movies in Germany while I was living there), the type (movie, TV show, other), as well as whether they have a German audio track in general (to keep up my German). My next step will be to use the Python package called Cinemagoer to automatically look up each title I have and link it to its IMDb page. 

Anyway once I had all my data I just sorted them the way I wanted (by media type, then German audio track, then movie/tv/other, then title) and arranged them on my shelves accordingly. 

All told I have a little over 300 movies and TV shows, breaking down as follows:

4K Blu-ray: 32

2K Blu-rays: 150

DVDs: 139

Total: 321

Total with German audio: 92 :D 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, SoberChef said:

Really enjoy these pieces that JoBlo does. In terms of this one in particular, used to rent it ALL the time on VHS back in the day, or I'd be lucky enough that it would be playing on HBO or Showtime even. Yet another unicorn to look forward to one day IF/when it's ever released.

When something like this happens you'd be surprised what you can find on Archive.org

• Hugs 1

I appreciate that, may very well just go about watching it as I haven't had the chance to in lord knows how many years. Still however, to own a physical copy to which I could pop it in at literally ANY time I feel, that is the miracle of owning one's personal favorite films!

• True 1

10 hours ago, Nokra said:

Over this long weekend I spent several hours cataloging and finally sorting all of my physical movies. I made an Excel sheet which has the title, media type ( 4K Blu-ray, 2K Blu-ray, DVD), where I bought it (because I bought a lot of my movies in Germany while I was living there), the type (movie, TV show, other), as well as whether they have a German audio track in general (to keep up my German). My next step will be to use the Python package called Cinemagoer to automatically look up each title I have and link it to its IMDb page. 

Anyway once I had all my data I just sorted them the way I wanted (by media type, then German audio track, then movie/tv/other, then title) and arranged them on my shelves accordingly. 

All told I have a little over 300 movies and TV shows, breaking down as follows:

4K Blu-ray: 32

2K Blu-rays: 150

DVDs: 139

Total: 321

Total with German audio: 92 :D 

h7D3gIO.jpeg

Meant to include this with the previous post.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, SoberChef said:

Region Free blu-ray from Spain on Amazon right now

• Hugs 1

9 hours ago, skillzdadirecta said:

I bought the double film set, so that'll be on it's way in a few weeks. Seems as though all that have watched have nothing but the most awesome words of praise to say about the transfers.

• Like 1
  • Halal 1

• 3 weeks later...

Finally got a few price drops on some 4k movies. I had some XMas GC I could finally use on Amazon. So I should have by tomorrow my 4k copies of Transformers: Rise of the Beasts, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Mutant Mayhem and Barbie. Wish the first 2 also had a 3D release, but I guess we gotta be grateful for any physical release now. 

• Like 1

spacer.png

MAY 7TH!!!

No extras or specs released yet for the film. Proyas apparently recorded an audio commentary and setup a ton of BTS footage for extras years ago. This according to posts on the blu-ray.com forums. So here’s hoping for them to be included with this release, and FUCK!!! do I ever want that steelbook version

• Hype 2

On 2/17/2024 at 3:33 PM, silentbob said:

spacer.png

MAY 7TH!!!

No extras or specs released yet for the film. Proyas apparently recorded an audio commentary and setup a ton of BTS footage for extras years ago. This according to posts on the blu-ray.com forums. So here’s hoping for them to be included with this release, and FUCK!!! do I ever want that steelbook version

Pre-orders are open on Amazon, snagged mine!

3 hours ago, Remarkableriots said:

I'd like to get Groundhog Day 30th Anniversary Steelbook (4K Ultra HD + Blu-Ray + Digital Copy).

WWW.BLU-RAY.COM

Groundhog Day 4K Blu-ray Release Date January 10, 2023 (30th Anniversary Edition). Blu-ray reviews, news, specs, ratings, screenshots. Cheap Blu-ray movies and deals.

On 2/17/2024 at 3:33 PM, silentbob said:

spacer.png

MAY 7TH!!!

The 4K Blu-ray and Blu-ray releases include a brand-new three-part documentary created for the 30th anniversary entitled "Shadows & Pain: Designing The Crow." The new piece is a fascinating deep dive with legendary production designer Alex McDowell, who discusses all aspects of designing the 1994 classic, as well as his experience working with visionary director Alex Proyas and the film's late star, Brandon Lee.

Also, for the first time on disc, the releases include a conversation with the late Hollywood legend Edward R. Pressman who discussed his prolific career on the occasion of Sideshow Collectibles' release of a limited figure for THE CROW.

Description: On the night before his wedding, musician Eric Draven (Brandon Lee) and his fiancée are brutally murdered by members of a violent inner-city gang. On the anniversary of their death, Eric rises from the grave and assumes the gothic mantle of the Crow, a supernatural avenger. Tracking down the thugs responsible for the crimes and mercilessly murdering them, Eric eventually confronts head gangster Top Dollar (Michael Wincott) to complete his macabre mission.

Special Features and Technical Specs:

• NEW 4K RESTORATION OF THE FILM
  • NEW Shadows & Pain: Designing The Crow
    • Angels All Fire: Birth of the Legend
    • On Hallowed Ground: The Outer Realm
    • Twisted Wreckage: The Inside Spaces
  • NEW Sideshow Collectibles: An Interview with Edward R. Pressman
  • Audio Commentary with Director Alex Proyas
  • Audio Commentary by Producer Jeff Most and Screenwriter John Shirley
  • Behind the Scenes Featurette
  • A Profile on James O'Barr
  • Extended Scenes: