Sign in to follow this  
gfxtwin

The actor playing Venom/Eddie Brock will be...

JVC920    387

For me feels like putting the cart before the horse.

Need to establish Spider-Man first and introduce Eddie Brock and the symbiote.  Being a long time Spider-Man reader this just confuses me how they are going to explain it. 

skillzdadirecta    1,785
1 hour ago, JVC920 said:

Need to establish Spider-Man first and introduce Eddie Brock and the symbiote.  Being a long time Spider-Man reader this just confuses me how they are going to explain it. 

They've already said Venom will be seperate from the Spiderman movies entirely so... yeah.

gfxtwin    241
9 hours ago, JVC920 said:

8 hours ago, skillzdadirecta said:

They've already said Venom will be seperate from the Spiderman movies entirely so... yeah.

7 hours ago, MarSolo said:

Venom without Spider-Man is stupid.

Agreed.  Venom's origin was what kicked off the climax in the Symbiote saga and that moment and his role in that story was what gave emotional weight to him as a villain.  I think Hardy will be a fantastic Brock, the casting is perfect, but you'd almost need at least one entire movie or TV season focusing on the Symbiote suit to do that character justice.  I don't even know what the point would be of giving him solo film as an introduction, but I'd be lying if I said part of me wasn't interested in watching it to see how it turns out.  Since Sony struck a deal with MCU to let them use Spider-man, I wonder if that means Spider-Man (if nothing else, the character, Tom Holland reprising the role outside of MCU is unlikely) will make an appearance in the Venom movie.

Greatoneshere    649

Tom Hardy is a fantastic actor, so that's great news, but with Ruben Fleischer directing (Zombieland, 30 Minutes or Less, Gangster Squad) I have no idea what to expect quality-wise. A LOT will hinge on who writes the script and how good the script is.