Sign in to follow this  
SimpleG

Destiny 2 Update

SimpleG    457

http://www.pcgamer.com/how-bungie-plans-to-make-destiny-2-on-pc-legit-on-day-one/

TLDR

What’s the prominence of the PC version? Is it being worked on mainly by Bungie itself in Seattle? Is it one of the other studios handling the PC version?

So we kind of have embarked on an interesting situation. We’re not outsourcing it. Instead, we’ve developed this true partnership with Vicarious Visions in Albany, New York. We look at them as an extended part of the dev team. There’s a group of folks there that we’re working with—I’m literally working with them every single day. There’s emails, there’s video conferencing, sometimes we’re out at V.V., sometimes they’re at Bungie. We’ve crafted a strong partnership with them. Bungie is leading the game; it is absolute a Bungie project. But the partnership we have with V.V. has been phenomenally successful. When you play the game, hopefully it shows the quality of work that that team has done. 

Is it still peer-to-peer in terms of the multiplayer? Are there dedicated servers?

It is a complicated typology. We do not have dedicated servers for Destiny 2 on PC. ]

Vicarious Visions last PC game was Terminus 17 years ago but fear not because in the past they have made some top notch games like Bee Movie and Shrek The Third for the DS.

mikechorney    138
25 minutes ago, SimpleG said:

http://www.pcgamer.com/how-bungie-plans-to-make-destiny-2-on-pc-legit-on-day-one/

Vicarious Visions last PC game was Terminus 17 years ago but fear not because in the past they have made some top notch games like Bee Movie and Shrek The Third for the DS.

I played the first Destiny on PS4 -- still trying to decide which way to go for Destiny 2.  Looking at VV's PC pedigree (i.e. almost non-existent) makes me more likely to play this one on PS4 (and to try and ensure a high player count)....