GameStop refused to pay $30 million bill from consulting firm, lawsuit says. Gamestop: paying the firm we hired is not "in our stockholders' best interests."

6 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

So the two-step solution to life's problems is:

1. Refuse to pay bills because it's not in your best interest
  2. Claim that since you could be President someday, there is no point in trying to convict

Well first you have to convince people you have money so they will give you more or services, but basically yes. 

27 minutes ago, ManUtdRedDevils said:

As someone who has interactions with the BCG, I stand with GameStop 

My assumption based on it being BCG is that GameStop is probably in the right on this

The way Ars lays it out it sounds like Gamestop either didn't understand the terms or simply doesn't like them in retrospect, but I'd guess that BSG is likely to win.

Maybe it's standard practice, but signing onto a variable fee based on projected improvements seems like an absolutely horrible idea. It makes sense for BSG. They can do a bunch of work, come up with some very nice ideas for how Gamestop is going to start making more money, and then get paid regardless of the actual outcome. So BSG is insulated from their client's failures, they're also effectively insulated from their own, which seems like BS, but also seems to be what Gamestop agreed to.

17 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

My assumption based on it being BCG is that GameStop is probably in the right on this

People in the comments of the article think BCG is right and that GameStop agreed to a bad contract.