Lucian04

PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS MEGA THREAD

Got that sweet duo chicken dinner last night.  The final circle was on one tiny little house and he was holed up in the bathroom.  The circle finally started closing in again forcing him to come out, and he tasted the AK.  

Anyone get a chance to try the test server yesterday? The vaulting and climbing is really well done, that the sound mixing is infinitely better. The plane, cars, and grenades don't feel like they're going to give me tinnitus.

The weapons and vehicles were also tuned. Both categories controlled and felt much better. Excited for 1.0 next month.

Played two games on the test server, came in third and then first. But both times I only had one kill. Vaulting is surprisingly well done. They changed some of the vehicle driving physics which felt weird, like I had less traction than before.

Only main complaint is that the new adjustable 8x scope resets back to 8x every time you leave ADS. If you tap RMB to go into your scope, zoom out, then tap RMB to leave your scope, next time you go to your scope it should stay zoomed out instead of resetting back to 8x.

Just picked up the game from Newegg on a slight discount. Got a couple top 10 finishes and bought a random crate with points. I am having a little trouble on deciding what attachments to go with on each gun. Is the compensator or flash hider better?

7 hours ago, Pikachu said:

Is the compensator or flash hider better?

Theyr'e used for different scenarios. Like if the person knows where you are you'd use the compensator, if they don't you'd switch to the flash hider.

But rather than swapping attachments just carry two ARs with 2 different attachments and swap between those two.

I would almost always chose a compensator over a flash hider. On SMGs 100% compensator. Even on assault rifles you're not going to be shooting from so far away where the muzzle flash is going to be the thing that gets you spotted. You can definitely make more of a case on snipers, particularly the single shot ones like Kar98 and such.

13 hours ago, Pikachu said:

Just picked up the game from Newegg on a slight discount. Got a couple top 10 finishes and bought a random crate with points. I am having a little trouble on deciding what attachments to go with on each gun. Is the compensator or flash hider better?

There's very little reason to choose the flash hider. Compensator or suppressor when possible.

1.0 patch #2!

World
  • Added more objects around La Bendita on Miramar to increase the amount of cover

Gameplay
  • Reduced the visible distance when parachuting down in order to optimize the server and client performance at the early phases of the game

Item
  • Changed the design of the energy drink

UI/UX
  • Adjusted the squad team colors (players 1~4) to better reflect their callout names (yellow, orange, blue, green)
    • Adjusted squad team colors to make them more consistent between different colorblind options
  • Added a function where a player can select more detailed criteria for the “Cheating” category in the in-game report tool
    • You can choose multiple items or you can just report without selecting any of them

Replays
  • While player’s nameplate is on (H key), now you can check the current weapon of that player by pressing G key 
  • Added report button in replay
    • Report button pops up when pressing RMB on the player list (TAB key)
    • While observing / following mode, report button appears on the timeline (J key)
  • Added a care package icon changing effect according to the status
    • The icon will be different when the care package is falling and looted by other players
  • Adjusted replay system so that now a player can watch the replay without extra delay in the following cases
    • Solo mode
    • When the player won the match
    • When all teammates are eliminated

Bug Fixes
  • Fixed the issue where when a player lands from the plane the position of character teleports intermittently
  • Fixed the issue where character animation is frozen when rejoining after a crash
  • Fixed the issue where the red zone disappears instantly after it formed
  • Fixed the issue where some vehicles spawned on Miramar are stuck to an object and unable to move
  • Fixed the issue where a player sometimes couldn’t pass through a door even though it was open
  • Fixed the issue where mouse cursor would disappear on a replay map
  • Fixed the issue where when replay and death cam were played, the crosshair was bouncing
  • Fixed the issue where the falling speed meter text was showing abnormally in Portuguese
  • Fixed the parachute movement speed issue
New Contents
  • Added two new crates (free / paid)
    • You can open the paid crate box with the Early Bird key which is purchasable in Steam market
  • The below chart shows the crate box drop rate
    • The new free/paid crate box has a 40% drop rate and the previous crate boxes(Wanderer and Survivor) have a 10% drop rate

• DESPERADO (new paid crate box) : 40%
    • BIKER (new free crate box) : 40%
    • Wanderer : 10%
    • Survivor : 10%
  • The below chart shows the individual drop rate per item that can be earned through the new free/paid crate boxes. (displayed down to two decimal places)

• DESPERADO items
    • Sleeveless Turtleneck Top (Gray) : 8.00%
    • Leather Boots (Black) : 8.00%
    • Punk Knuckle Gloves (Black) : 7.50%
    • Baggy Pants (Black) : 7.50%
    • Striped Tank-top : 7.50%
    • Wide Pants (Red) : 7.50%
    • Punk Knuckle Gloves (Red) : 7.00%
    • Sleeveless Turtleneck (Black) : 7.00%
    • Baggy Pants (Brown) : 5.00%
    • Long Leather Boots (Brown) : 5.00%
    • Striped Shirt (Gray) : 5.00%
    • Beanie (Brown) : 5.00%
    • Horn-rimmed Glasses (Black) : 4.50%
    • Training Pants (Light Blue) : 4.50%
    • Leather Boots (Brown) : 4.50%
    • Horn-rimmed Glasses (Brown) : 2.50%
    • Aviator Sunglasses : 1.30%
    • Checkered Jacket : 1.30%
    • Long-sleeved Leather Shirt : 0.60%
    • Leather Hoodie (Black) : 0.32%
    • Leather Hoodie (White) : 0.32%
    • Cloth Mask (Leopard) : 0.16%
  • BIKER items
    • Long-sleeved T-shirt (Red) : 15.00%
    • School Shoes (Brown) : 15.00%
    • Raglan shirt : 10.00%
    • T-shirt (Pink striped) : 10.00%
    • Polka Dot T-shirt : 10.00%
    • Dirty Long-sleeved T-shirt : 10.00%
    • School Shoes (Black) : 5.00%
    • Skinny Jeans (Khaki) : 5.00%
    • Gas Mask (Half) : 4.50%
    • Beanie (Gray) : 4.50%
    • Sleeveless Turtleneck (Red) : 4.50%
    • Skinny Jeans (Pink) : 2.50%
    • Patrol Cap (Brown) : 1.20%
    • Sleeveless Turtleneck (Gray Striped) : 1.20%
    • Patrol Cap (Gray) : 0.40%
    • Biker Pants (Black) : 0.40%
    • Floral Shirt (White) : 0.26%
    • Sneakers (Black) : 0.26%
    • Padded Jacket (Purple) : 0.06%
    • Princess Power Tank-top : 0.06%
    • Floral Shirt (Black) : 0.05%
    • Biker Pants (Gray) : 0.05%
    • Aviator Goggles : 0.03%
    • Sleeveless Biker Jacket (Brown) : 0.01%
    • Sleeveless Biker Jacket (Black) : 0.01%
    • Cloth Mask (Checkered) : 0.01%

Hey no one plays or cares anymore but sounds like this is closer to more complete, especially with performance updates and steam achievements omg!

499001634c1eee993af1ece93b8ae12f315ca13c

Players,

With this patch, we are bringing various optimizations to our server and client. We have mitigated lag and stutter instances and alleviated frame drop and lag occurrences happening when players are pushed together, starting from the second half of a match, or in dynamic situations, like intense firefights. This has allowed for a smoother environment to play in, than before.

As you are all aware, we were also going to introduce and test our new limb and vehicle penetration system this month. Unfortunately, there’s been an alteration in our plans, but we will be sure to give an update on this at a later time.

In regards to today’s test server patch, you can read the patch notes below for further details. Please leave any relevant feedback in our Test Server feedback section on our
forum.[forums.playbattlegrounds.com]

Once we see that the current test build is in a stable state, we plan to move it to the live server later next week. We will inform you on the live server update schedule later on.

Client optimization
  • Improved real-time response by reducing input lag
  • Mitigated the frame drop issue caused by the map loading process
  • Reduced burden on GPU by optimizing buildings in Erangel
  • Optimized the beginning and the end of effects
  • Optimized vehicle physics when driving under a certain speed
Server optimization
  • Optimized server network performance
  • Optimized vehicle physics when driving under a certain speed
Lobby
  • Added PUBG friends list
    • Up to 50 people can be added as PUBG friends
    • Players with PUBG accounts can search and add friends freely regardless of the platform they are using (including Steam, Mail.ru and DMM)
      • Friend list is a one-way follower concept, not a mutual acceptance between players
      • PUBG friends list is independent of the Steam friends list. You don't have to be friends on Steam to be friends in PUBG
    • Up to 30 players you were recently in a team with will be shown on RECENT
  • Added main menu voice chat
    • You can chat with the players in your team while still in the main menu
    • When using the voice chat, a speaker icon will be displayed on the right of the player's name
World
  • Made holes in the ceiling and floor of some high buildings, so that it is easier to move between different levels, to improve the gameplay experience on Miramar
Game play
  • Added 37 achievements on Steam
  • Added emote system
    • 12 default emotes will be provided now, and more emotes will be added in the future
    • While holding the emote menu key (default is ~), emote can be activated by left-clicking the emote or hot key of emote you want to use
  • Fixed the blue blood effect being more visible than the red blood effect when player gets shot
  • Added material for crops, rubber, cloth, paper and cactus
    • When shooting or attacking with a melee weapon, the right effect for each material will be displayed
  • Changed the gun scope view to be more realistic
    • Expanded the field of view through the scope
    • Added a parallax effect when moving weapons fast
    • Added color, vignetting (darker edges), chromatic aberration (color difference caused by light refraction) and distortion effect on the edge of scopes
UX/UI
  • Redesigned the 9 vehicle status icons to work better with 4K resolution
  • Replaced the red cross icon with a red tire icon for a broken tire
Sound
  • Added a hit sound effect for crops, rubber, cloth, paper and cactus material
Bug Fixes
  • Fixed a square-shaped border on the sea that could be seen when flying in the airplane
  • Fixed an issue where a player could die instantly when vaulting and climbing
  • Improved problems where characters would get stuck or die during vaulting, and be able to look through walls.
  • Fixed some incorrect UI and in-game text
  • Improved problematic character animation where the character would move abnormally if multiple actions were performed in sequence
  • Fixed abnormal appearance of some clothes, such as costumes overlapping or missing
  • Adjusted the locations of items that would spawn in places that players cannot reach
  • Fixed an issue where the mouse sensitivity option could not be set to 59
  • Fixed an issue that allowed a character to crawl quickly through a certain combination of controls
  • Fixed the issue of overlapping footstep sounds in FPP mode
  • Improved an issue where three-wheeled motorbikes would suddenly flip whenever the server performance deteriorated
  • Fixed an issue where a player would have a slower falling speed when switching seats on a three-wheeled motorcycle mid-air
  • Fixed an issue where underwater bullet penetration effect was not being applied sometimes
  • Fixed an issue where a player was unable to cancel fueling up a vehicle, even though cancel was clicked
  • Fixed an issue where throwables that had already exploded mid-air would still make a popping sounds on the ground
  • Fixed an issue where sometimes a downed player was able to drive a vehicle
  • Fixed an issue where after reconnecting a vehicle was intermittently invisible or the character and camera were misaligned
  • Fixed an issue where the character of a player with a new account would not show up in the main menu when forming a team
  • Fixed an issue where the shadow of a character was too sharp regardless of the distance
  • Fixed an issue where when jumping out of the airplane, the character fell to a fixed position, no matter the flying direction
  • Fixed an issue where when player tried to ADS with scope attached weapon, some of the scope exterior parts were shown late
  • Fixed an issue where the adjusted zoom level in 8x scope reset after swapping to your other weapon(s)
  • Fixed an issue where the item quantity adjustment popup window displays automatically when picking up/discarding items from the Inventory screen
  • Fixed an issue where sometimes the lung capacity gauge was not in sync between being in the water and out of water

Thank you,
The PUBG Development & Community Team

The optimizations are needed, and they have already made a lot of progress in the last couple of months. I am a fan of the game, but it is so rough around the edges. They are making gobs of cash, so they have no excuse as to why so many issues still exist. They need to get it together!

Now the game stutters periodically and apparently I am not alone.  Whatever they did screwed something else up.  Awesome. 

Love it. 

Hey yall, 

Do any of you still play this?  I wouldn't mind some folks to team with.. though I am a west coaster.  

Zarich in steam

Then in Pugb I have my sons old account and his old dumb name which is Xen0s_79

3 hours ago, Zarich said:

Hey yall, 

Do any of you still play this?  I wouldn't mind some folks to team with.. though I am a west coaster.  

Zarich in steam

Then in Pugb I have my sons old account and his old dumb name which is Xen0s_79

I play all the time but mostly the Xbone version these days. I have the PC version though. I'm west coast but a shitty work schedule. :P

There is a new mode "War" 3 squads of 10 for this weekend only. Anyone down to try?

I played a little bit last night. It's not bad if you just want to go in and shoot things, but a little too chaotic for me. I would say the areas they partition off are maybe a bit too small. 

I like the mode if only to get your familiarity with combat up, something that doesn't happen much in the regular game.

7b28af868a2cd013a4fc6527c254f02bec89d6f1

This week’s event mode is an eight-man battle royale on Erangel. The twist? You can use flare guns to call down huge, heavily-armored UAZs.

Check below for the full details, and let us know what you think about this mode!

EVENT SCHEDULE
  • STARTS: April 19, 7pm PDT / April 20, 4am CEST / April 20, 11AM KST
  • ENDS: April 22, 7pm PDT / April 23, 4am CEST / April 23, 11AM KST

AVAILABLE QUEUES
  • 8-Man Squads on Erangel (All Regions)
  • NA/EU/AS/SEA/OC : TPP & FPP
  • KR/JP/SA : TPP

FLARE GUN RULES
  • Flare guns spawn randomly alongside normal loot locations (flare gun spawn spots are no longer fixed)
  • When shot inside the safe zone (white circle), special care packages will be dropped
  • When shot outside the safe zone, a special vehicle—the armored UAZ—will be dropped

OTHER EVENT RULES
  • This mode is limited to eight-man squads on Erangel, and you can invite up to seven friends.
  • Auto-matching can be turned on or off (you don’t have to play as a full squad of eight if you don’t want to)
  • The mode is limited to 96 maximum players (12 teams of eight players)
  • Redzone is enabled
  • Regular care package drops are enabled
  • Killer spectating is enabled
  • Bluezone rules are the same as standard public match settings
  • Weather changes dynamically throughout each match