Lucian04

PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS MEGA THREAD

Lucian04    5,276

PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS

Main Website | Steam Store Page | Update History

Platform(s): Steam (coming to PS4 and Xbox One)

nKwCOM2.jpg

pKDZds8.jpg

I'm making this thread to generate some community interest in a multiplayer game, that while janky as fuck, happens to be highly entertaining and addicting. If you don't currently own PUBG, use this thread to ask questions. If you do own PUBG, use this thread to schedule games and share your stories or to drum up interest in this title.

Currently Playing

@Xbob42

@SFLUFAN

@Sanborn

@BillTheConqueror

@Wykillin

@Bionic_Tuna

@phazedplasma

@DexxFM

@Karltron

@BasemntDweller2

@Lucian04

You can chat about the game on @Sanborn's Discord channel, just PM him for an invite!

Xbob42    2,647

It is an amazing game. And yes, it's janky as hell, but it's by far more polished than any game of this style, and the updates are serious improvements in both performance, map balance and weapon additions/fixes.

Buy it.

Lucian04    5,276

20170424201834_1.jpg

One day, that chicken dinner shall be mine. Got caught in a crossfire between the other players. I figure they weren't shooting at me directly as the grand majority of the shots fired were whizzing well over my head, I just happened to get domed by bullet that probably wasn't destined for me.

Keyser_Soze    5,551
2 hours ago, Lucian04 said:

It has a functional map

Map is plenty easy to understand as long as you know how to read a map.

7 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Why should I play this over H1Z1 king of the hill?

The H1Z1 map is a pain in the ass imo.

It doesn't have that arcadey feel to it like h1 does. 

It doesn't look ten years old.

Community is nicer than h1's.

Because we said so.

Sanborn    30

Really loving this game. Put 10 hours into it the last few days. There's a lot of copy/paste on map elements, but it could easily be fixed if they just do a few simple things like color palette or mirror image swaps.

Keyser_Soze    5,551
2 hours ago, BasemntDweller2 said:

My only real gripe atm is that its only 100 players. I think it could benefit jumping up to 150 players at a time like h1z1

So after that long list you now admit H1Z1 is the better game. Glad you finally came around. :thumbsup:

29 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

So after that long list you now admit H1Z1 is the better game. Glad you finally came around. :thumbsup:

I own both and they both play differently.  However, PUBG is superior. 

Lucian04    5,276
5 minutes ago, ManUtdRedDevils said:

I Steam refunded this game. It was a laggy, buggy pos when I played it. I will wait for a full release before giving it another chance. 

Yeah, you probably played before the most recent patch (fixed a ton of shit, including performance), I started after so I have a brighter view of it than you. I'd probably share your sentiments had I played pre-patch.

13 hours ago, Lucian04 said:

20170425001104_1.jpg

Managed to place 2nd with an Xbox One controller (custom config) @BasemntDweller2. I would have placed first if I had more health. I was virtually dead, losing my life to the wall, and so my opponent won by attrition.

How do I try out your controller config? 

CitizenVectron    2,954

Man I made a post about this a month ago and no one even responded!

I agree it's a great game, but it does get tiring after a while. I will probably come back to it when they introduce 1st-person hardcore servers. They originally said they were coming soon, but now it's "not a priority." I kind of expect them to iron out the optimization issues and then mostly focus on paid DLC content like all other games in this category.

I've made it to 3rd or 4th place a bunch of times, and no other game gets your adrenaline pumping the same way, that's for sure. It also sucks that you get basically no reward when playing in duos or squads. I earn more money jumping out and dying in solo than I do for making it to the last 50 or 40% alive in squad.

SFLUFAN    9,253

Finally got my first 2 kills tonight (both of 'em dudes wearing motocycle helmets and no pants) and made it into the Top 10!

Also,

20170425203624_1.jpg

atom631    137
21 hours ago, Lucian04 said:

@atom631 you should get in on this when you grow your thumb back.

:/ Thumb is just about good now. Bandage is off. There was a massive scab that Ive been picking away at slowly and Im down to just a little bit. Still sore though, even just putting a little pressure on it. Im hoping by weekend I should be good.

As for this... if all you fools are playing, count me in! :D

20 hours ago, Lucian04 said:

Yeah, you probably played before the most recent patch (fixed a ton of shit, including performance), I started after so I have a brighter view of it than you. I'd probably share your sentiments had I played pre-patch.

I played it about a month ago. the straw that broke the camels back was when I landed next to another player, we both ran to get guns and I got the revolver. When I went to load the gun, I got stuck in the reload animation. The other guy got a shotgun and proceeded to light me up. First ever time I raged so hard that I just uninstalled a game. 

I look forward to playing it again once it is out of Early Access

SFLUFAN    9,253
During my Top 10 round last night, I came to a road and hid in a ditch concealed by undergrowth while deciding when to cross it to head to a shack on the other side.  Just as I'm about to cross, I hear a Dacia approaching so I drop back into prone, hoping the driver didn't see me.  The driver stops right in front of my concealed position, gets out, and heads into the shack.  He has his back turned to me and has no idea I'm there.  So I go through the mental debate on whether to drop him or not.  I decided to let discretion be the better part of valor and let him return to the Dacia and be on his way.  I know I could've capped him easily, but for some reason, just letting him go seemed like the best course of action at the time.

Lucian04    5,276
24 minutes ago, SFLUFAN said:
During my Top 10 round last night, I came to a road and hid in a ditch concealed by undergrowth while deciding when to cross it to head to a shack on the other side.  Just as I'm about to cross, I hear a Dacia approaching so I drop back into prone, hoping the driver didn't see me.  The driver stops right in front of my concealed position, gets out, and heads into the shack.  He has his back turned to me and has no idea I'm there.  So I go through the mental debate on whether to drop him or not.  I decided to let discretion be the better part of valor and let him return to the Dacia and be on his way.  I know I could've capped him easily, but for some reason, just letting him go seemed like the best course of action at the time.

Yeah, you really have to pick and choose your battles. For all you knew, there could have been someone else unaware of your presence, but close enough to hear gunfire.

Lucian04    5,276

Some tips that I think might help us survive better in Duo/Squad situations

1. Work as a team with a squad leader and fire team roles

We are only so effective individually, but by having someone in a leadership role and working as a cohesive unit instead of as individual players will help our survivability. It's clear from my short time with PUBG that what weapons you end up will determine your role in combat. Find a shotgun and an smg? You're clearly suited towards indoors and urban fighting. Find an AR and an 2x or ACOG scope? You're suited for general purpose fighting in a variety of situations. Find an SKS, Silencer and 8x scope? You're the squad sniper. 

2. Don't stack up (except for breaching)

One of the worst things I've seen players do in PUBG is stack up, especially in open fields. Not only are you easy pickings, but your overall team survivability is far lower. Each player should spread out a few meters apart in formation, forming overlapping vectors of fire.

1KgS3RH.png

image65.gif

3. Determine the rules of engagement before dropping onto the field

Is your goal to get to the very end of the game with minimal casualties? You'll probably want to take a stealthier approach, search for equipment suited for stealth and choose your engagements very carefully. Do you want to be a NoScope360MLG player trying to rack up as many kills as possible? You're probably going to want to drop in an area where you will be in frequent contact with other squads.

4. Maintain awareness and utilize sector coverage

The alt key is your friend. Get used to traveling with the alt key depressed so that you can scan and search while traveling. Whenever the squad stops at a location, it should maintain 360 degree coverage. This is especially important when searching buildings for loot in the mid to late game where you are more likely to run into other players, especially if you hang close to the border of the playing area.

Questions you need to ask yourself constantly:

Where is the enemy most likely relative to you? 

Where is the nearest usable piece of cover or concealment?

Where are my teammates watching?

situationawareness.jpg

Just remember that everything you do needs to compliment your team and it's abilities.

5. Buddy System and Accountability

If you ever have to split up, for any reason, bring a buddy. Pairs should be figured out before the match starts and you should always let your buddy know where you're going to be or what you are doing. Need to heal, let them know. Need to reload, let them know. Find equipment they can use, let them know.

6. Bounding Overwatch

This is quite literally the single most important tactic that I haven't seen a single PUBG player use in my short time playing the game. Everyone tends to just run until they get to cover instead of covering each other, tending to get shot and killed if they're unlucky.

Edit: Play how you want and most importantly, enjoy the game. These tactics here are just basic infantry training that I'm sure @SFLUFAN would approve of/expand upon.