Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Engel

Freed Egyptian American prisoner returns home following Trump intervention

Recommended Posts

The dropping of charges set in motion the release of Hijazi and Hassanein from custody and their journey to the United States, which was personally overseen by Trump and detailed Thursday by the senior administration official, who spoke on the condition of anonymity because of the national security sensitivities of the case.  Defense Secretary Jim Mattis and deputy national security adviser Dina Powell, who were already planning to visit Egypt this week, met with Sissi on a range of topics. Meanwhile, Trump also sent his military aide, Air Force Maj. Wes Spurlock, to escort Hijazi and her family on the plane home to Washington.  Hijazi and Hassanein reunited with the Hijazi family in Cairo this week, and as Mattis traveled on to Israel, Powell, who was born in Egypt and has helped smooth relations between the two countries, stayed behind to accompany the group, the senior administration official said.  The travelers touched down at Joint Base Andrews about 10 p.m. Thursday. Hijazi and her brother, Basel, are scheduled to visit the White House on Friday to meet with Trump and his daughter, Ivanka, and his son-in-law, Jared Kushner, who had followed Hijazi’s plight, the senior administration official said.  “It’s been a roller coaster of emotions the past couple of days,” Basel Hijazi said in a telephone interview Thursday from aboard the plane. “We’re crying with relief to have them out.”  He added: “We’re very grateful that President Trump personally engaged with the issue. Working closely with the Trump administration was very important for my family at this critical time. It let us be reunited as a family. We’re so grateful.”

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd assume he reinstated the aid that Obama was withholding since the coup, hard to pass up that kind of change for some Americans in prison.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, PaladinSolo said:

I'd assume he reinstated the aid that Obama was withholding since the coup, hard to pass up that kind of change for some Americans in prison.

 

Yes, the aid has been or will be reinstated.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, PaladinSolo said:

I'd assume he reinstated the aid that Obama was withholding since the coup, hard to pass up that kind of change for some Americans in prison.

 

27 minutes ago, SFLUFAN said:

 

Yes, the aid has been or will be reinstated.

 

This is Trump, why wouldn't he just stiff the Egyptians on the aid once we have our person back? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Xbob42 said:

I thought Trump hated these kind of people since they're not real (white) Americans?

 

Trump only likes the the people who give him money. They don't have to be white. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Xbob42 said:

I thought Trump hated these kind of people since they're not real (white) Americans?

I'm sure she will be deported soon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, mikee002 said:

 

Iv'e googled 4 of those sites directly and not one of them mentions the story front page. It is there if you search for it sure but than it is real news. I guess the Caitlyn Jenner is a hero stuff  along with latest undermine Trump/ Ivanka conspiracy tripe is more important.

The stories are two to three days old. How long are they supposed to keep them on the front page? Every local and  national news program I watched  ran a story about this when it happened.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, mikee002 said:

 

Iv'e googled 4 of those sites directly and not one of them mentions the story front page. It is there if you search for it sure but than it is real news. I guess the Caitlyn Jenner is a hero stuff  along with latest undermine Trump/ Ivanka conspiracy tripe is more important.

How can you possibly be this dumb, the original post is from a WaPo article that is 2 days old.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, mikee002 said:

 

 

President Trump met with Aya Hijazi on April 21, an Egyptian American charity worker who was imprisoned in Cairo for three years. 

 

K

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, mikee002 said:

 

 

You think the story started and finished 2 days ago. Strangely enough you kind of prove dvd's point.

 

The reason the Obama story was always in the news is the Republicans were busy yelling that the sky is falling about it. No one is mad. It got reported and that's it, should there be a parade anytime he does something slightly competent? Wait, don't answer that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, mikee002 said:

 

 

You think the story started and finished 2 days ago. Strangely enough you kind of prove dvd's point.

You're right they totally didn't cover it, despite the fact they wrote the initial story 2 days ago, and then updated the story story yesterday, nope not one bit, lol. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, mikee002 said:

 

 

 

The Republicans kept it in the front page because of all the controversy surrounding it with Obama, it wasn't necessarily good news.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, mikee002 said:

 

Iv'e googled 4 of those sites directly and not one of them mentions the story front page. It is there if you search for it sure but than it is real news. I guess the Caitlyn Jenner is a hero stuff  along with latest undermine Trump/ Ivanka conspiracy tripe is more important.

 

This.

 

This story was absolutely NOT widely covered, and people here know it. The fact that you can pull up articles on the matter doesn't change the fact that it was given virtually no time or attention by the media. This happens again and again, where every story that can be used to target Trump or Republicans gets plastered on the front page and in headline news and on virtually every tv news network 24/7 for a solid week, but every story that can be used to criticize Democrats gets brushed under the rug or barely mentioned in passing.

 

But then when you point that out, the left will say "Look, here's the article about it!", never mind the fact that that article got virtually no emphasis or attention.

 

That's leftist dishonesty at work.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, heyyoudvd said:

 

This.

 

This story was absolutely NOT widely covered, and people here know it. The fact that you can pull up articles on the matter doesn't change the fact that it was given virtually no time or attention by the media. This happens again and again, where every story that can be used to target Trump or Republicans gets plastered on the front page and in headline news and on virtually every tv news network 24/7 for a solid week, but every story that can be used to criticize Democrats gets brushed under the rug or barely mentioned in passing.

 

But then when you point that out, the left will say "Look, here's the article about it!", never mind the fact that that article got virtually no emphasis or attention.

 

That's leftist dishonesty at work.

Fake point

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, heyyoudvd said:

 

This.

 

This story was absolutely NOT widely covered, and people here know it. The fact that you can pull up articles on the matter doesn't change the fact that it was given virtually no time or attention by the media. This happens again and again, where every story that can be used to target Trump or Republicans gets plastered on the front page and in headline news and on virtually every tv news network 24/7 for a solid week, but every story that can be used to criticize Democrats gets brushed under the rug or barely mentioned in passing.

 

But then when you point that out, the left will say "Look, here's the article about it!", never mind the fact that that article got virtually no emphasis or attention.

 

That's leftist dishonesty at work.

 

:duckhuntdog:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, mikee002 said:

 

The point is the story happened over a couple of days as it is a long way from Egypt to the White House.You Inbred Paedo Enabler

lol....  This is some braindead shit right here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, mikee002 said:

 

The point is the story happened over a couple of days as it is a long way from Egypt to the White House.You Inbred Paedo Enabler

 

6 minutes ago, mikee002 said:

 

There is no point having a conversation with you guys because all you do is drag it down to personal insults thread after thread. Are you going to actually make a point or not because you are not as funny as you think you are.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, mikee002 said:

 

 

That was a direct reply to sozes inbreeding remark in reply to another petty paladin insult. You say nothing it just encourages them like a hard up little internet gang. 

 

It is down to the Mod policy of lack of it if you like imho. 

 

FP4NG9U.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

×