• Announcements

• SFLUFAN

D1P 2017 Charity Campaign for The Life You Can Save: $1,615 (as of June 4, 2017)   12/12/2016

I've decided to extend our charity campaign for The Life You Can Save organizations for the entirety of 2017 so feel free to contribute at any time!  Periodically through the year, I'll have game giveaways for those who have donated to the campaign as a "thank you" for supporting this worthy endeavor!
    • SFLUFAN

D1Pcast Episode D1Pcast Episode 28 - E3 2017 Rabbids Everywhere (Ft. SeVeN CDN and GuyWhoPostThings)   06/01/2017

E3 2017 has come and gone and now we are left with this empty feeling as we know we have to wait another 365 days for the next one. We [email protected] [email protected]@[email protected] I break down everything that was glorious (and not so glorious) at E3 2017. From EA's snoozefest to Microsoft's XOXO launch exclusivitiness to Devolver Digitals blood bath! So listen on in as we grade each conference and even have an extra special guest way in their thoughts on Ubisoft's conference in this months D1Pcast!      
heyyoudvd

Howard Dean: "Hate speech is not protected by the first amendment."

235 posts in this topic

This guy was the governor of Vermont, the chair of the DNC, and ran for president...

He probably got confused with you Canadian Cucks who made hate speech a crime. 

11 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

I don't think many here will agree with him.

Was this supposed to be a "gotcha" thread?

DVD is angry because his country doesn't have free speech.

1 minute ago, mclumber1 said:

DVD is angry because his country doesn't have free speech.

Just free healthcare.

This guy was the governor of Vermont, the chair of the DNC, and ran for president...

I can see how this concerns you given that the only thing you follow is hate speech.

41 minutes ago, Chairslinger said:

Can you even imagine trying to enforce a law against "hate speech". What a stupid fucking thing to say.

You don't have to imagine it. The world exists beyond the borders of the USA.

1 hour ago, Chairslinger said:

Can you even imagine trying to enforce a law against "hate speech". What a stupid fucking thing to say.

Oh you bet I can! :daydream:

Well he's wrong re: "hate speech" but what Coulter said is more akin to incitement to violence which absolutely is not protected speech.

1 hour ago, SilentWorld said:

You don't have to imagine it. The world exists beyond the borders of the USA.

giphy.gif

35 minutes ago, Anathema- said:

Well he's wrong re: "hate speech" but what Coulter said is more akin to incitement to violence which absolutely is not protected speech.

I don't think it falls under hate speech or incitement of violence. I hate defending Coulter here, but lamenting that a long since past act of violence did not encompass a specific thing that she strongly dislikes or hates even -while certainly despicable- is neither hate speech or incitement of/to violence. It's merely the disturbing lamentations of a crotchety hag.

I personally don't get why "incitement to violence" isn't "protected" either.

If you're going to have these ridiculous, made-up, arbitrary "rights", then just go all the way with 'em.

2 hours ago, Chairslinger said:

Very few countries have free speech in the way that the US does.

Even Canada doesn't have free speech. We have all sorts of ridiculous 'Human Rights Commissions' and 'Human Rights Tribunals', which can and have infringed on people's free speech.

Hate speech laws are a real thing and they're surprisingly common. It's scary because that idea is downright Orwellian.

33 minutes ago, Lucian04 said:

I don't think it falls under hate speech or incitement of violence. I hate defending Coulter here, but lamenting that a long since past act of violence did not encompass a specific thing that she strongly dislikes or hates even -while certainly despicable- is neither hate speech or incitement of/to violence. It's merely the disturbing lamentations of a crotchety hag.

Neither Nor 

dumbass

I don't really even see what Coulter said as hate speech. (Not that hate speech has a legal definition in the US, because it's not a legal concept) What she said was despicable, but it doesn't really even fall under incitement to violence. She just wishes that a terrorist would kill some journalists. It's terrible, but it's free speech.

Coulter wished death upon a group of people she doesn't like.  This is something that I do approximately every 30 minutes or so.  No big deal.

3 hours ago, heyyoudvd said:

Very few countries have free speech in the way that the US does.

Even Canada doesn't have free speech. We have all sorts of ridiculous 'Human Rights Commissions' and 'Human Rights Tribunals', which can and have infringed on people's free speech.

Hate speech laws are a real thing and they're surprisingly common. It's scary because that idea is downright Orwellian.

Only hate speech, incitement, and threats of violence, you dishonest shitbag shill. And you have to go really goddamned far to get nailed for any of it, such as threatening to shoot up a mosque online.

Edit: And hate speech isn't calling a black guy a racist name, you have to get into preaching genocide and trying to gain followers to get nailed. Racist speech is not considered hate speech. 

Now, using racist language during a violent assault, that could get you a hate crime charge here. 

And anyone who thinks they can run around and scream "N****R" or "SAND N****R" at everyone who is different than them, really needs to be charged anyway. 

37 minutes ago, apoc81 said:

Only hate speech, incitement, and threats of violence, you dishonest shitbag shill. And you have to go really goddamned far to get nailed for any of it, such as threatening to shoot up a mosque online.

Edit: And hate speech isn't calling a black guy a racist name, you have to get into preaching genocide and trying to gain followers to get nailed. Racist speech is not considered hate speech. 

Now, using racist language during a violent assault, that could get you a hate crime charge here. 

Just ask Ezra Levant and Jordan Peterson about the violent assaults they committed (they didn't).

You're wrong.

Jordan Peterson should be allowed to speak in public again because his theories (as espoused on Sam Harris's podcast) are incomprehensible nonsense.  In fact, his tongue should probably be torn out and nailed to a wall as a warning to everyone else!

38 minutes ago, apoc81 said:

And anyone who thinks they can run around and scream "N****R" or "SAND N****R" at everyone who is different than them, really needs to be charged anyway. 

Why should you be prosecuted just for calling someone a nigger?