NPD March 2017: Ghost Recon, Zelda, Mass Effect, Horizon, MLB all in top 5
The Mouse will not be pleased.
NPD sales for May 2017: PS4 and Injustice 2 are No. 1, Farpoint VR charts(!), Nier still on the charts, Zelda/Horizon still thereBy GuyWhoPredictsThings
Total: $542 million (down 11 percent from $610 million in May 2017)
Hardware: $147 million (up 7 percent from $138 million)
Console software: $271 million (down 20 percent from $339 million)
PC software: $12 million (down 48 percent from $23 million)
Accessories: $112 million (up 1 percent from $111 million)
Injustice 2: This game is higher than Mario Kart 8's YTD, so it's above 460,000 from last month, plus whatever Mario Kart 8 sold this month, so it could be pretty high, but probably a bit lower than 1 million. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe * Grand Theft Auto V ** The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild * Prey * Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon: Wildlands ** Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadow of Valentia * NBA 2K17 MLB 17: The Show Overwatch ** Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six: Siege ** Horizon Zero Dawn Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare Call of Duty: Black Ops III Mass Effect Andromeda ** Farpoint Battlefield 1 ** Nier: Automata Minecraft ** FIFA 17 ** * = No digital
** = Publisher didn't share their own PC store front
Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon: Wildlands For Honor The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild* Horizon Zero Dawn Grand Theft Auto V Mass Effect: Andromeda Resident Evil 7: Biohazard NBA 2K17 Injustice 2 Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare
Trailing 12 Months:
Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare Battlefield 1 NBA 2K17 Madden NFL 17 Grand Theft Auto V Overwatch* FIFA 17 Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon: Wildlands Final Fantasy XV For Honor
PlayStation 4: #1
- “Year to date, hardware spending has grown 18 percent as gains in console spending have offset declines in portable.”
- “On a time-aligned basis over each product’s first 43 months in market, the combined installed base of Sony’s PlayStation 4 and Microsoft’s Xbox One now exceeds the combined installed base of the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 by 29 percent.”
- "Hardware spending grew 7 percent compared to May 2016, to $147 million. Nintendo Switch continues to be the primary catalyst for hardware spending gains, as it has since launching in March 2017.”
Platform Specific Charts:
Injustice 2 Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon: Wildlands Prey* Grand Theft Auto V Overwatch Forza Horizon 3 NBA 2K 17 Mass Effect: Andromeda Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six: Siege
Injustice 2 MLB 17: The Show Prey* Grand Theft Auto V Horizon Zero Dawn Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon: Wildlands Farpoint NBA 2K17 Overwatch Nier: Automata
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe* The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild* Ultra Street Fighter II: The Final Challengers* Disgaea 5 Complete* 1-2 Switch* Lego City: Undercover Puyo Puyo Tetris Super Bomberman R* Just Dance 2017* The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth+
3DS and Vita:
Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadow of Valentia Pokemon Sun Pokemon Moon Super Mario Maker Mario Kart 7 Mario Sports Superstars Super Smash Bros. Poochy and Yoshi’s Wooly World The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D Super Mario 3D Land
April game sales are up 10% year over year.
Hardware was 37% year over year.
Console and Handheld game sales were 6% year over year.
Physical and Steam PC software sales (for AAA games from participating publishers) were 57% year over year.
Remember this is by revenue, not sales.
To note, these charts are by revenue.
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe* Persona 5* The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild* MLB 17: The Show Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon: Wildlands** Grand Theft Auto V*** Mass Effect: Andromeda** NBA 2K17 Overwatch** Call of Duty: Black Ops II (Yes, Black Ops 2, from 2012.) Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare Horizon Zero Dawn Lego City Undercover Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 + 2.5 Remix Lego Worlds Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six: Siege** Battlefield 1** For Honor** Nier: Automata Minecraft *Does not include digital sales
**Battle.net, uPlay, and Origin sales not includes
***No non-Steam PC sales included
- “Persona 5 experienced the strongest debut month for any title in Persona franchise history, with packaged dollar sales five times that of the previous best-selling debut, Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 4,” said Piscatella.
- "Finally, you may have noticed that 2012’s Call of Duty: Black Ops II outsold Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare. That’s because you can now play the Xbox 360 version on the Xbox One, and that juiced the game’s sales."
Best selling games of 2017 through April:
Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon: Wildlands For Honor The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild Horizon Zero Dawn Mass Effect: Andromeda Resident Evil 7: Biohazard Grand Theft Auto V NBA 2K17 Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare MLB 17: The Show
Recently Browsing 0 members
No registered users viewing this page.
Who's Online 21 Members, 3 Anonymous, 46 Guests (See full list)