I've decided to extend our charity campaign for The Life You Can Save organizations for the entirety of 2017 so feel free to contribute at any time! Periodically through the year, I'll have game giveaways for those who have donated to the campaign as a "thank you" for supporting this worthy endeavor!
4/7/2017 update: Now people who've been affected by this are saying that it went away on its own after about a week. So I dunno, if this would really hugely inconvenience you try to not log in on additional devices/browsers until the 4.2 update that's supposed to hopefully resolve this for good. original announcement: For a long time now, D1P has been limited to three logins at a time; logging in on a fourth device or browser would log you out everywhere else. Unfortunately, multiple people have been reporting that they've started experiencing being limited to ONE login at a time. The good news is, Invision Power Services (the company that makes our forum software) is aware of the issue and will be addressing it in version 4.2 of the software, which is the next big update. The bad news is, they announced about a month ago (the beginning of March 2017) that the update will be coming out in "mid 2017", so we probably have at least another couple of months to go before this is resolved. In the meantime, I apologize to those affected for the inconvenience, and would suggest to everyone else to not log in to additional devices until this is resolved if this is something you don't want to have to have to deal with. I'm still not 100% sure on why it's not affecting everyone and why it didn't hit everyone affected at the same time, but the timing of when the reports of this started here mostly lines up with when I've seen reports of other sites having this issue starting, and I suspect that the problem is trickling in because of people happening to hit a fourth login that logs them out everywhere else, and then proceeding to be limited to one login at a time after that.
D1Pcast Episode 26: The Retro Show 04/19/2017It's time to have that talk with your kids. No not THAT talk, the talk about retro games and how much better things were back in our days! We have @Reputator join us and talk a bit about the Scorpio and some retro PC cards. [email protected] us about console retro gaming and how he just got his Super Mario USA. While @Jason tells us about the day his parents threw out all his retro consoles. A sad day for any gamer. So listen and give us your feed back about your retro gaming experience!
20 posts in this topic
CDPR's investor's conference: Interesting bits, Cyberpunk 2077, other AAA game, asked about The Witcher 4By GuyWhoPostsThings
Stolen from GAF:
The previous thread seems to have been dedicate to the sale numbers of the Witcher series (25 million), but there were other much more interesting things revealed during today's conference
- Cyberpunk 2077 is in full development mode and there are over 300 people working, which represents 3/4 of the total workforce they want on this project. They already have all core staff for the projects, they're looking to hire plenty of testers etc.
- Job positions posted on their site, such as concept artists are mainly "opportunity hires" as "it's hard to get top notch artists", but they're not required for work on Cyberpunk 2077 as per previous point.
- They will be developing their second, unannounced AAA title concurrently with Cyberpunk 2077
- They will be working with the Cyberpunk license for years to come
- Cyberpunk 2077 is in advanced development stage, they still need plenty of time on it
- This year is the year of Gwent (in terms of communication)
- Gwent will be released in the second half of this year, open beta will launch on all three platforms - PC, Xbox One AND PS4 in the spring. (looks like the PS4 stress test starting tomorrow will be quickly followed by the open beta, but that's my assumption)
- CEO grinned when asked what the period between the release and announcement of the Cyberpunk 2077's release date will be and declined to answer the question
- TW3 is definitely done and dusted, no further expansions etc
- Gwent is already bringing good profits for CDPR, they're happy with its performance
- They're setting up two local representative in China and Japan, mainly to support Gwent's growth
- They're not going to reveal how many kegs etc they sell in Gwent. They want to keep that data private.
- They're currently expanding/developing the multiplayer aspect of GOG Galaxy
and finally, one investor pressed CEO by saying:
Your current valuation of 7 billion PLN is mostly thanks to the success of The Witcher series, don't you think that if you announced Witcher 4, your valuation would be 10 billion or more?
Kiciński shrugged, and said: The Witcher was designed as a trilogy. Trilogy cannot have a fourth part, however we like that world very much. We have invested 15 years of our lives and loads of money into it and we will probably think about it at some point. But please consider us as rational people, we sometimes have weird ideas, but overall our thinking is very rational. We have full rights to The Witcher games. They are ours. We have invested enormous funds into promoting it, and it's a very strong brand. Answer your own question
- But there are also shareholders...
- Sure, but there's also communication and that's a trouble, that we have talking to you guys. We have to be very careful with our words, because what we tell you is also heard by the gamers. Obviously plenty of you are gamers as well, but what we tell gamers is part of the marketing campaign, so we can't discuss certain things even though we know them already. We cannot reveal our full hand.
The next game from the creators of The Witcher 3 will have "seamless multiplayer" and "a huge living city", according to Polish grant applications. We already knew that CD Projekt Red's sci-fi project would have multiplayer of some kind, but this suggests it will be integrated into the campaign rather than a dedicated side mode like in Mass Effect 3.
Dunno how to embed.
Recently Browsing 0 members
No registered users viewing this page.
Who's Online 9 Members, 1 Anonymous, 99 Guests (See full list)