• Announcements

• SFLUFAN

D1P 2017 Charity Campaign for The Life You Can Save: $1,515 (as of April 7, 2017)   12/12/2016

I've decided to extend our charity campaign for The Life You Can Save organizations for the entirety of 2017 so feel free to contribute at any time!  Periodically through the year, I'll have game giveaways for those who have donated to the campaign as a "thank you" for supporting this worthy endeavor!
    • Jason

Update on the single-device/browser login restriction issue some people are having.   04/04/2017

4/7/2017 update: Now people who've been affected by this are saying that it went away on its own after about a week. So I dunno, if this would really hugely inconvenience you try to not log in on additional devices/browsers until the 4.2 update that's supposed to hopefully resolve this for good.   original announcement: For a long time now, D1P has been limited to three logins at a time; logging in on a fourth device or browser would log you out everywhere else. Unfortunately, multiple people have been reporting that they've started experiencing being limited to ONE login at a time.   The good news is, Invision Power Services (the company that makes our forum software) is aware of the issue and will be addressing it in version 4.2 of the software, which is the next big update. The bad news is, they announced about a month ago (the beginning of March 2017) that the update will be coming out in "mid 2017", so we probably have at least another couple of months to go before this is resolved.   In the meantime, I apologize to those affected for the inconvenience, and would suggest to everyone else to not log in to additional devices until this is resolved if this is something you don't want to have to have to deal with. I'm still not 100% sure on why it's not affecting everyone and why it didn't hit everyone affected at the same time, but the timing of when the reports of this started here mostly lines up with when I've seen reports of other sites having this issue starting, and I suspect that the problem is trickling in because of people happening to hit a fourth login that logs them out everywhere else, and then proceeding to be limited to one login at a time after that.
    • SFLUFAN

D1Pcast Episode 26: The Retro Show   04/19/2017

It's time to have that talk with your kids. No not THAT talk, the talk about retro games and how much better things were back in our days! We have @Reputator join us and talk a bit about the Scorpio and some retro PC cards. [email protected] us about console retro gaming and how he just got his Super Mario USA. While @Jason tells us about the day his parents threw out all his retro consoles. A sad day for any gamer. So listen and give us your feed back about your retro gaming experience!    
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SFLUFAN

Rumor: CDPR has "rebooted" Cyberpunk 2077, all pre-2016 work discarded

20 posts in this topic

12 minutes ago, TwinIon said:

Ouch, that's a bummer. I wonder how far along it was.

I seriously doubt that it was anything beyond late concept stage.

One of the few developers where I'm willing to believe this isn't a sign of trouble. :shrug:

If a significant amount of the work was done before Witcher 3 then I can see why they'd want to "go more ambitious" with the game after their success with Witcher 3.

17 minutes ago, ManUtdRedDevils said:

Shareholders were a bit testy before this, I can only assume this will fan the flames a bit. 

The CDP parent company just authorized its first-ever dividend payout of $25 million, so that should keep 'em happy for a while!

11 hours ago, skillzdadirecta said:

So... 2021 at the earliest?

Any time after 2020 is too late. Really after 2012 but no one cares about 1st edition. 

That's actually a really interesting thread over at neogaff. The original poster is staying on it and obviously has some insider info. Most of the info is that they realized that their early design choices have become dated and they are adjusting. Good info on some Witcher 3 related stuff in regards to what was cut out of the game too.

23 hours ago, Dexterryu said:

That's actually a really interesting thread over at neogaff. The original poster is staying on it and obviously has some insider info. Most of the info is that they realized that their early design choices have become dated and they are adjusting. Good info on some Witcher 3 related stuff in regards to what was cut out of the game too.

I've been watching that thread, too. Some info from the guy in question (bold are things other people asked him, regular font is him):

My money is still on late 2018/H1 2019.

Well said, however, there's one thing that is also important to note, and that is that all those "everything we know about Cyberpunk 2077" threads can be now binned too. Things like "translation chips" have been described by the former Game Director and should now be forgotten, until we get evidence to the contrary.

wooooow. I hope this does not portend a troubled development.

No, don't worry.

They are going to release 2 AAA games by 2021, but I doubt the 2nd, unrevealed game, will be historically inspired ;)

I already have 5/19/2019 marked on my calendar as the release date for 2077.

You and me both ;)

I know nothing about that. What I can tell you, is that the chances for the next Witcher game to feature Ciri as the protagonist are next to zero, unless Horizon has changed CDPR's opinion. They had a research into female game protagonists, and it wasn't great.

Well, let's hope that Horizon's success makes them reconsider :)